October 2015 Moms

routines

mommies,

please show me your daily routines. 

Re: routines

• Lo is in daycare during the week and they have their own routine, but our weekend routine goes like this. 
    5-6am wake up
    Play in bed for a few 
    630am bottle
    7am play in jumper
    8-830 am-30-40 min nap 
    9am bottle and some solids.
    Play time until about 12-1pm
    12-1pm nap about an hour and a half.
    After nap bottle
    Playtime
    4-430-40min to hour nap.
    Solids
    Bottle
    530pm walk
    6-630 we start bedtime. 
         Bath
         Book
         Bottle
    And down awake by 7pm. 

Were pretty flexible with the routine for the most part and the 4 pm on is the same everynight. 
    Sometimes theres an extra cat nap in there is shes super fussy. 

• We don't have a set routine. My daughter pretty much sets her own and that works for us.

When she's hungry she eats, when she's tired she sleeps. She usually wakes up around 9-9:30am and we will eat and play throughout the day with 3 naps (sometimes 2 naps depending on how long her naps are) ... We always have the same bed time routine bath, bottle then bed. She always falls asleep eating and I hold her for at least thirty minutes to let her tummy settle. She goes to bed between 9:30p-10pm ... Works well for us :smile: 
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish LO was more flexible!!! If our routine gets thrown off shes miserable! ! 
  • We don't have a set routine. My daughter pretty much sets her own and that works for us.

When she's hungry she eats, when she's tired she sleeps. She usually wakes up around 9-9:30am and we will eat and play throughout the day with 3 naps (sometimes 2 naps depending on how long her naps are) ... We always have the same bed time routine bath, bottle then bed. She always falls asleep eating and I hold her for at least thirty minutes to let her tummy settle. She goes to bed between 9:30p-10pm ... Works well for us :smile: 
    I think we have the same baby haha! Minus waking up at 9:30...I'm so jealous! I've got a 5 am-er on my hands.
  • do they still wake up after you put them down for the night?  do you feed when they wake up?  my LO is still waking up twice during the night.  I put him down at 7 and he wakes up at midnight, 5, and then up for the day at 7. 
  • edited April 2016
    @autiger823 My LO usually doesn't wake up. If she does..  she wakes up crying from teething pain. Usually she will have like two or three cries then fall back asleep before I can even get to her. If she doesn't fall back asleep I do feed her for comfort. Even though she only eats like one or two oz It gets her right back to sleep instantly. 
  • @autiger823  we have a "routine" but it was entirely set by my little guy. He's up every day between 6:30 and 7. First nap at 9 for 30-45 mins, 12 for 1-2 hours, and then around 3 or 4 I try to get another nap in there (although he tends to refuse if he had a long nap at 12. And when I say "refuse" i mean he lays in bed for 30 minutes talking to himself before I give up and go get him). Bedtime is at 7. When he's awake his activities are pretty flexible, but there is a walk every day since we have a dog. And I usually introduce foods after his first morning nap. At night, he wakes up once around 4 or 5 to eat. I've been trying to leave him for 10 minutes or so when he wakes up to see if he puts himself back to sleep, but for now it seems that it's not a habit waking, but an "i'm hungry" waking. 
  • Our schedule is simliar to Millette's.  We let baby set the schedule but it's pretty much the same every day.  Wakes up around 6:30 am, he usually takes mid morning, noon and afternoon nap.  We start bed time around 6:30 and he's usually down by 7:00 at the lastest.  In between everything is play time and feedings.  We also only do a feeding in the morning right now because when we feed at night he had restless sleep those nights.  So once he is consistently eating in the morning...then we'll start nighttime feedings.  He has been waking up at least once in the middle of the night to eat.  Not sure if it's teething or he's really hungry but he won't stop crying until he gets a bottle then usually goes right back to sleep.
    But who knows what the schedule is at daycare!  I know he doesn't get the naps at daycare that he does at home which causes bad sleeping throughout the week.