October 2015 Moms

First Words

Any babies say their first words yet?

Damien finally said Momma yesterday after weeks of saying "mmmmmm" over and over again. He doesn't say it directed to me just while he's playing but it's a word nonetheless. I think he's skipping sitting up to babble lol. 

Anyone else??

Re: First Words

• Violet says momma whenever she's upset and only when she's upset lol :neutral:  she also started saying baba too 

as for sitting up she has like no interest at all with sitting she LOVES being on her tummy and rolling everywhere. And also inch-worming her way around lol 

She sits well but whenever I try and have her sit on her own she always throws herself back like she wants to stand on her feet so I definitely do not trust her sitting on her own lol 
  • How old exactly are your babies?
  • Loading the player...
  • Looks like our babies know who their favourite is!  :D

Paige has been saying momma for a few months now. It started only when she was upset but now it's all the time. She has also started repeating dada and baba occasionally when i say it or when in her own world playing. 
    I wasn't too concerned with teaching her to sit but a few weeks after learning to crawl she began teaching herself to sit. She's pretty much mastered it and is now on to pulling herself up on things. So, so stressful. 

• Violet says momma whenever she's upset and only when she's upset lol :neutral:  she also started saying baba too 

as for sitting up she has like no interest at all with sitting she LOVES being on her tummy and rolling everywhere. And also inch-worming her way around lol 

She sits well but whenever I try and have her sit on her own she always throws herself back like she wants to stand on her feet so I definitely do not trust her sitting on her own lol 
    Yes to all of this!!! Damien always throws himself backwards like he wants to stand. He'd stand all day long if I wanted to hold him from tipping over lol

• AiramJ said:
    How old exactly are your babies?
    Damien turned 6 months on the 24th. So he said Mama at six months 4 days
  • Mine said the dogs name "bubba"  it could be mama or  baba but the dog came in and she said bubba and looked at the dog...lol.  mamma will come soon though 
  • @AiramJ Violet turned 6 months on the 19th 
  • Thanks, girls! My baby boy will be 6 months on the 9th. I hope he will say his first word soon, preferably 'mama' :-)
  • My baby girl is 6 months and said dada first. We were away visiting family without my husband and within 15 minutes of being back home, she said dada. She must have really missed him!