August 2016 Moms

Weekend Bitchfest

I know men may not be as in tune with this type of stuff but today when we were at BBB, he looked at the diaper backpacks and asked me why we need to buy one when we have backpacks at home (his laptop bag and hiking bag, mind you).

If I were in a decent mood, I may have taken a minute to explain to him what the difference was but I clearly was not with the look of, "are you for real right now?" on my face. 

I just wish he had a natural inclination to research some of these things rather than just drive me to BBB and expect me to know what to get for the baby. It always stresses me out as a FTM when I walk into that store!

Re: Weekend Bitchfest

• @AliKay20 DH asks questions like that all the time and depending on my mood I will either answer him or just look at him. It drives me crazy sometimes. I'm a SAHM so all of that stuff defaults to me, it doesn't bother me, I handle the finances and most of the care for DD, the housework. 

My bitch isn't really a bitch but DD is spending the night with my sister tonight, which is fine, but she has a loft type apartment so all of her living space is upstairs. We don't have stairs in our house so I'm so worried DD is gonna fall down them. It makes it worse that the stairs are hardwood and the floor at the bottom is tile. She's taking my baby gate but I'm stressing. 
  • My step son tells me he is starving and than half way through the food because my nephews finish before him says his full and he was the one complaining about food I made him sit there until he was finish because half an hour later he will tell me his hungry again so he ate it all his been doing this all day......he has been a cry baby my entire pregnancy too because DH babies him so much I told him he is not about to baby our daughter because I can't stand a cry baby just because your response to something is NO or you tell them they have to do something and don't feel like doing it nope not in my house.... I feel better..... 
  • Loading the player...
  • My bitchfest is just me being stupid. I am at a wedding and not really enjoying it. I can't drink, my back hurts and my feet continue to swell and swell.  I am here with some friends and I am the DD. The "send off" isn't for another hour, I sincerely hope it's not another hour I have to stay here. Grrr 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • @AliKay20 my DH is the same in that I am the default for knowing all things baby. I'm a bit of a control freak so it doesn't bother me too much, but what drives me crazy now is that he'll have random things that he feels like he knows better. Umm, sorry, but if I've picked every other thing on the registry, and done all the research, you don't get to decide you want a certain swing because one tech blog called it a game-changer!

• tmk0325tmk0325 member
    I mentioned a couple boy names to SO this morning and he was like no way. I was like well have you thought of any others (team green with twins) and he was like yeah. I was like, well what are they? He's like I'm not telling you because you tell everyone the names we talk about. I seriously could of punched him. I told him if he doesn't tell me eventually he won't get to name either of them. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love DH's family, but they are totally opposite of how I was raised. I come from a military family where if you aren't ten minutes early you are late and get togethers and weekend plans must be planned in advance.

DH's family likes to call us the day before and say they are coming or call an hour before and say they are stopping in. It drives me bananas! They live about an hour away. The last few visits have all been spur of the moment and fall on a weekend I work.

We get a call yesterday from DH's parents saying that DH's grandpa would like to come for lunch and visit our house. He hasn't seen it yet as we just moved in not that long ago. DH told his parents that I work this weekend, how about next weekend. They reply that won't work because DH's mom works. Okaaaay, let's plan a different weekend then. Which is met with a, no we really want to come this Sunday and Grandpa is lonely and wants to get out of the house.

So now I have to clean my house before my shift at the hospital for house guests I won't see for the billionth time. Over it. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Sunday night came too soon. Friday afternoon, I wrote a list of things to work on over the weekend so I can catch up to the new work week ahead.

Woke up at noon, ate, then just laid in my bed until 4 PM. It's close to 7 now and I don't even want to open up my work laptop but I have to...ugh!!! 3 more mths til mat leave!
  • I love DH's family, but they are totally opposite of how I was raised. I come from a military family where if you aren't ten minutes early you are late and get togethers and weekend plans must be planned in advance.

DH's family likes to call us the day before and say they are coming or call an hour before and say they are stopping in. It drives me bananas! They live about an hour away. The last few visits have all been spur of the moment and fall on a weekend I work.

We get a call yesterday from DH's parents saying that DH's grandpa would like to come for lunch and visit our house. He hasn't seen it yet as we just moved in not that long ago. DH told his parents that I work this weekend, how about next weekend. They reply that won't work because DH's mom works. Okaaaay, let's plan a different weekend then. Which is met with a, no we really want to come this Sunday and Grandpa is lonely and wants to get out of the house.

So now I have to clean my house before my shift at the hospital for house guests I won't see for the billionth time. Over it. 
    My in-laws are spontaneous dropper-byers too! It drives me nuts. Fortunately they don't live in our city, but still, they just show up! The latest was in March, my SIL texts my husband and says "we're headed your way for the boys' spring break," which was a week away. And DH and I don't have spring breaks so we were working. They were planning on staying with us for 4 nights (that's SIL, a 14 year old and a 6 year old) and we live in an apartment! The boys would have been in sleeping bags on the floor, when I was up trying to get ready for work each morning. Not cool. Fortunately somehow in the few days before their visit they decided to get a hotel. But still, they showed up for this visit with no plans of how to spend the time/entertain the boys. It was just assumed that we would clear our schedule to guide them around. And I even when I tried to make plans ("how about the aquarium on Saturday? Why don't we make a dinner reservation?") they would sort of disregard it and wing it, resulting in a lot of wasted time and boredom for the boys. 

My family isn't super rigid about planning, but at least before assuming you could stay with someone you'd probably make that plan several weeks or a month in advance. And you'd ask, "we were thinking of coming in March, are you guys free?" and not just announce you're showing up. 

I hope your weekend doesn't suck. The time with SIL and her boys, I decided to just not deep clean the house. It made me a little self conscious but was also quite liberating!
  • @Snaps816 oh hell no! That sounds way worse, overnight guests in an apartment! Thank goodness they got a hotel, but still what were they thinking?

Luckily my in-laws never stay overnight, just drop by day trips. I really do love them, but I always feel so left out because they drop by on weekends I work. I work every other weekend or every third. I just wish they would ask in advance what works for us as a team instead of just dropping in because my DH doesn't work weekends.

*TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• I'd be pretty frustrated with the random drop bys as well. My in laws never come to our house, ever. We only live 25-30 mins away but they expect us to be the ones to drop everything and come up there so they can see DD. We've lived in our current house for a year almost and they've been here exactly 1 time and that was for DDs birthday party. I've already told DH that if they want to have a relationship with our kids they're gonna have to start putting in some effort and coming over here because I am not packing up a 2 year old and a newborn to go up to there house to sit all day so they can spend some time with the kids. Nope.