September 2015 Moms

Car seat

At what point are you planning on moving LO from infant car seat to next step? We have Graco click connect system where the carrier clicks into base in car. Haven't bought the next step yet and wondering if we should since we have some credit to use at BRU. We initially didn't because the sales guy said they keep changing them and making them better so recommended waiting. 

Re: Car seat

• I already did. We had the same Graco click connect travel system. I upgraded to a convertible seat when LO was about 5 months old (he's about to be 8 months) I used the bru trade in event to get a new one. It's made life easier.
  • Me moved months ago. I hate carrying the infant seat around. We have a Britax roundabout in my husbands car. It was my sons previous seat. I have a new Graco Contender in my car. We like both seats. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't yet. Been thinking about it but we have the peg perego infant seat and it has high height/weight limits and we can't think of a good reason to spend the money to make the switch right now. We no longer carry him in the seat. We just leave it in the car and transfer him in and out. We have his convertible car seat picked out so I'm waiting to see if there is some sort of sale or event so we don't have to pay full price but I don't know how often that happens. 
  • We got a new seat about 2-3 weeks ago because LO was just getting too big and she looked like she was getting cramped and uncomfortable. Plus when I carried her in places it was getting SO heavy. We are going on vacation in 2 weeks so we decided to go ahead and get it before our trip (12 hours long) so she could get used to it before then. She seems to like it and has more room! We got the Chicco NextFit Zip in Amuletta.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• We did about a month ago and baby is sooooooooo much happy in the car!! We had the Britax B-Safe 35 and now have the Clek Fllo and I LOVE it! We did a road trip from Phoenix to Seattle (round trip) and LO did great! He seemed super comfortable and loved being high up enough to look out the window. I'm a fan!!
  • We switched the first week of Feb. I couldn't carry it with baby, and the straps were getting snug. We already had convertibles from DD1, and had already switched her to a FFing seat, so it made no difference to switch LO. She loves her bigger seat! I forgot to bring a carrier a few times, now I keep a sling in the car all the time to use in a pinch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Anyone know when they are doing the trade in car seat event?? BRU wouldn't give me details. I would love a 25% off the 300 dollar car seat I have picked out. Plus, I wouldn't have to store the old one....and they say you shouldn't save or give them away because they expire. 
  • I plan on switching soon!! LO is getting bigger so it's only getting more difficult for me to lift her in the carrier. But I'm going to try and stick it out because she is very comfortable in her carrier, I can take her anywhere in it and she'll stay content for about an hour. When I do finally switch it will be into a Diono 
  • shelbydd said:
    I already did. We had the same Graco click connect travel system. I upgraded to a convertible seat when LO was about 5 months old (he's about to be 8 months) I used the bru trade in event to get a new one. It's made life easier.
    Ditto to everything! We went with the Chicco NextFit Zip and love it :)
  • We got the Graco 4-ever during the trade in event back in February. Used my endless earnings and the discount, $300 car seat cost us $40! 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • MW5280MW5280 member
    We haven't switched yet but I got the Graco 4-ever at BRU after Christmas sometime for $200 when they were getting rid of a duplicate display model. I wouldn't have chosen the bright pink but she will be just fine in it! I can deal with pink if it's $100 off. 
  • We switched to Graco my ride 65 a couple of months ago. There was no point in keeping him in his infant seat because he's so chunky that I couldn't carry him in it anymore. He loves his new seat!
  • We switched her at 6 months.  She's in a Britax, not sure of the model but we love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoveLee85 said:
    Anyone know when they are doing the trade in car seat event?? BRU wouldn't give me details. I would love a 25% off the 300 dollar car seat I have picked out. Plus, I wouldn't have to store the old one....and they say you shouldn't save or give them away because they expire. 
    Do they do more than one per year? If not than that ship has sailed, it was in February or March. My LO loves her carrier and we weren't ready to spend the money on two new seats so we missed it. :( 
  • thinkpink101thinkpink101 member
    edited May 2016
    LoveLee85 said:
    Anyone know when they are doing the trade in car seat event?? BRU wouldn't give me details. I would love a 25% off the 300 dollar car seat I have picked out. Plus, I wouldn't have to store the old one....and they say you shouldn't save or give them away because they expire. 
    I think last year they did it in Sep too, so possibly twice a year. Not all seats are included though, last time I know Maxi Cosi was excluded. There are lots of 20% coupons floating around so if you need one soon you might be better off just using one of those.

oh and if the seat you're using now was purchased new for you and never in an accident I would absolutely give it away/sell it. Look on the expiration sticker, it should have years left! BRU destroys the seats! We got an expired seat from friends and used that for the trade in.

BabyFruit Ticker