September 2016 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change 4/30-5/1

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

Anything Baby related this week?

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 4/30-5/1

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited April 2016
    How many weeks?

22 weeks!

What size is baby?

Coconuts/papayas

Upcoming appointments?

May 9th.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Not baby-related, exactly, but my navel piercing is either very, very irritated or infected, in spite of being well-healed and a couple years old.  I'm leaning towards it being infected since DH snagged it (since my bump makes the bottom stick out instead of sitting in my nearly non-existent navel) and put a tiny rip in the top about a week ago, while I was still wearing my old titanium jewelry instead of a flexible barbell, and it started getting very red and angry not long afterwards.  I'm trying to baby it, so hopefully it heals up soon.

Nothing really sounds good right now, although spicy food is still my first choice.

Anything baby related this week?

My best friend bought me a couple more woven wraps for babywearing and I found out my baby shower is going to be June 18th.

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

I'd have my parents, especially my mom, be home more.  I wasn't neglected by any means, and I had everything else I could have wanted, but they worked long hours and I spent a fair number of nights alone since there were times when they both worked nights.  I also spent a lot of time at babysitters' houses (playing alone) or hanging around my elementary school for hours after school let out since my uncle was the school janitor and let me roam the building as long as I stayed out of trouble.

I don't blame them at all and I know they did what they did for me (and my brother until he left for college when I was 9), but I wish I could have had more quality time with them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• How many weeks? 22

What size is baby? Coconuts 

Upcoming appointments? Wednesday to get a closer look at their hearts. <3

Rants/Raves/Questions? The back pain is ridiculous. By the end of a grocery shopping trip I'm about in agony!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Today and yesterday I just haven't been hungry. Nothing sounds good. 

Anything Baby related this week? We took the kids to pick out the babies' lovies for them. (Security Blankets)

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Honestly, nothing. When I was younger, there were days that I would have said that I wished I was born and raised in one place my whole life. I'd never say that now though. Because my Dad was in the Navy until I graduated high school, my siblings and I got to have experiences at a young age that most people I know have never had. 

• Loading the player...
  • csukkhacsukkha member
    How many weeks? 19 

What size is baby? 4 toed hedgehog or gameboy

Upcoming appointments? 4+ weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions? still waiting to feel my lil' guy

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Eating enchiladas almost everyday. I'm going to have to figure out how to make the tomatillo/enchilada salsa

Anything Baby related this week? working through the baby registry and how to decorate the nursery

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I had an incredible childhood, I wouldn't change much. Often I find myself mimicking parenting styles I grew up with.  The one thing I would change is the amount of time spent with extended family cousins and grandparents. The benefit of having extended family close by definitely influences my decision to stay in the area. 
  • CRich15CRich15 member
    How many weeks? 20 weeks; halfway!! 

What size is baby? Banana/Paper airplanes 

Upcoming appointments? 20 week a/s on Monday

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Nothin... 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? again with the back pain.. Thought we had that one cured. Heartburn and restless leg syndrome 

Anything Baby related this week? Cleaned out more of little misses room this week. Almost ready to start painting!  

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? My parents worked constantly and I feel they missed out on so much of mine and my brothers school stuff and sports. I know they did it for us but now they regret it. I try like hell to always be there for the boys and make sure they know they are supported. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • ivassaqivassaq member
    edited May 2016
    How many weeks?

What size is baby?
    Mango

Upcoming appointments?
    AS on the 11th

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    nope. Grateful for the spring weather, hiking and the blooming windflowers in the mountains. 

minor heartburn.  

our kids are going to share a tiny room so I've been culling all the toys and books we don't need or use.  

my parents divorced when I was three and my mom moved 400 miles away when I was five.  I spent the first 14 years spending half of my life with my dad and half with my mom.  despite the shitty circumstances they were great co-parents.  They weren't perfect by any means but they made sure their core messages were clearly communicated consistently through my upbringing.  

• How many weeks?

What size is baby?
    endive, baseball cap, dragon egg

Upcoming appointments?
    ob to go over the follow up ultrasound on the 9th

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    i love my parents but they are driving me up a wall. My mom guilted me into coming to the follow up anatomy scan, now my dad wants to come to all of my doctor's appointments in case I have an ultrasound because he didn't get to see him. They don't seem to understand that ultrasounds are medical exams and not just for fun. I'm seriously considering finding one of those places at the mall and telling them that they can pay for it and baby and I will pose for pictures. 

french fries all the time

Continue working on the registry and figure out with my mom when the baby shower will be. She offered to host it but has said nothing else since

I wish they had instilled better eating habits in me. I'm a really picky eater and I'm pretty sure it's because they wanted to avoid fights that I would be allowed to not eat what I didn't like 
  • How many weeks? 19

What size is baby? Mango

Upcoming appointments? Redoing the A/S in a week or so since they couldn't get the pictures they needed of the heart/kidneys, and then midwife in about 3 weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions? Every time I see my grandmother, she asks me "are you sure you're not having twins?" At first I thought she was just teasing me, but I've noticed lately that she usually looks at my belly when she says this. I've gained about 15 pounds, and I wasn't tiny before either. I've never been super insecure about my weight, but it's like really lady? Went out for lunch with her and my uncle yesterday and she said it again, and topped it off with "Well your cousin just wasn't showing this much at 19 weeks..." Yes well my cousin is also a size 2 and I'm a size 14 so you do the math. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Occasional heartburn, backaches, and now constipation... was hoping to have dodged that bullet >.<. Not really craving anything, my appetite hasn't been great the last couple of weeks. 

Anything Baby related this week? We've been stockpiling baby furniture and clothes and what not at my moms since we didn't have room for it. Today we're rearranging our bedroom so we can fit all the baby stuff in which I'm super excited about :)

Well I definitely wish my dad hadn't passed away when I was so young. Don't get me wrong, my mom did an AMAZING job raising me and my sister, but I often wonder what my life would have been like if he hadn't died.
    I also wish they had spent more time talking to us about financial responsibility. The most they ever said was "stick 10% of every paycheque in your savings". But they never talked to us about credit, credit cards, financing etc. My mom just handed me a credit card on my 16th birthday and said it was for "emergencies" but never explained what constituted as an emergency. Yes I should have been smart enough to figure that out, but at 16, when you're already a little rebellious and lets face it, an asshole, and you get handed a card that you perceive as being an unlimited supply of cash? Yeah I wracked up a couple of bills, which she always paid. To this day I don't have a credit card, bad things happen... cough *Sephora addiction* cough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How many weeks? 22 weeks

What size is baby? Coconut/Papaya

Upcoming appointments? Next Monday!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm starting to get pretty depressed. This happened with DS1 during pregnancy, too, so I know I'll get through it, but ugh. It's so hard having no motivation and feeling like a lazy bum all the time. Pre-pregnancy, I took DS1 out every day and we really limited screen time, but lately I feel like I've been letting him watch WAY too much TV and we barely go anywhere or do anything fun anymore. Yuck. Anyone else struggling with this kind of thing?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? All the emotions! From laughing to crying in one second flat! Plus heartburn. No real cravings/aversions food-wise. Just an aversion to doing anything productive, lol.

Anything Baby related this week? I haven't been buying a lot of baby clothes since we have everything from DS1, but I found the MOST adorable little pants today with bear faces on the knees and a bear face on the butt. DS2's name is going to be Theodore (Teddy) so we basically had to buy them bc Teddy Bear? OMG. Kill me with cuteness. 

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Tough one! My childhood was fine enough; I mostly liked it. My parents did what they could. I guess I'd say I wish we had more money--or maybe that my parents were better at managing it. It was always feast or famine. Never really knew if I'd come home to a big-screen TV and a brand new video game system, or an empty TV stand and all of our games and instruments pawned. We didn't get to do school activities unless they were free. No summer camps. But I imagine my parents would've liked us to have more money, too, lol!
  • How many weeks?
    19 weeks

What size is baby?
    Mango

Upcoming appointments?
    On Friday the 6th,.hopefully have unofficial ultrasound to find out sex of baby. Anatomy ultrasound will be around 24 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I feel twice as hungry and libido is high but boyfriend isn't in the mood near as much.

Nothing really except for growing aches and pains.

Picked out carseat, crib, and etc. Will do baby registry after vacation.

Nothing really except wish parents were better saving on money.
  • How many weeks? 20 weeks!

What size is baby? Banana or taco

Upcoming appointments? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? Ok, so is anyone else creeped out by their FIL? Every time we see my husband's parents he insists on giving me this really long hug and kissing me on the cheek. Sometimes if I don't block the hug, he'll get me in a full on hug and hold me really tight and give me this weird backrub type thing, moving his hands up and down my back. I don't come from the most demonstrative family, but I certainly hug and kiss my own family members and friends and nothing creeps me out like this.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I stopped the Diclegis this weekend and so far, pretty good. I am still dry heaving, but I don't feel miserable all the time.

Anything Baby related this week? Nope.

GTKY: If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Better eating habits. I've worked hard to change them as an adult, but I slip back into old habits pretty easily.
  • 18w 4d. Baby is measuring a week ahead.
    No appointments this week.
    Rants/raves obnoxious cashier at the liquor store refused to sell me a bottle of wine. She saw my bumble and was like nope can't sell to you. Get off your freaking high horse. I'm graduating from college and plan on having one freaking glass to celebrate. I don't even drink at all and haven't bought a bottle of wine in over a year. So passed I went back later and botched at the manager. And bought my one bottle of wine! So pissed... I have not had anything alcoholic since Christmas, even skipp wine at communion. My observations is fine with me having a glass to celebrate graduation girr. I could be more understanding of it if I came in all the time, but come on! 
    Symptoms: my feet are starting to swell, not enough to really see, just enough for my feet to feel tight.
    Cravings: cousin's ham and cheese sub with extra mayo. Normally I don't like cousin's but baby can't get enough.