October 2016 Moms
Options

Sunday Ticker Change (5/1)

I didn't see this for today so I hope it's ok I am posting...

How many weeks?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (5/1)

• Options
    wegme27wegme27 member
    How many weeks?
    15 weeks
    How big is baby?
    Orange, eclair (I had to go buy eclairs today because I got hungry for them as soon as I saw that size comparison  :p )
    Upcoming appointments? 
    May 10th ultrasound/dr appt
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Definitely got my appetite back!!  I want every sugary sweet treat though!
    swimming. Can't wait to be a beached whale in my pool all summer!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks? 18
    How big is baby?
    Sweet potato, croissant, artichoke, slingshot, sugar glider

Upcoming appointments? 
    Anatomy scan in 2 1/2 weeks
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Finally tried sex for the first time in almost 4 months and DH and I agreed it was the worst sex ever with each other. I just couldn't stop thinking about our little babygirl getting crushed. We stopped halfway through because it wasn't even worth it...super disappointing
    GTKY: Any summer plans you look forward to having while pregnant? I'm excited about carnivals/food truck festivals and beachtime with the bump - no guilt about round abs!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? 14

How big is baby? Lemon, 8oz filet

Upcoming appointments? We scheduled an elective ultrasound for 5/14 to find out the sex!! Our next appointment with the OB is 5/20, but it's just for more blood work.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I think I'm finally almost over the nausea!! I'm still really tired, but at least I can eat without gagging!! :)

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? At home babymoon!! With the Zika outbreak in the Caribbean (which is our fav place to vacation) we were stuck with figuring out where to go for our babymoon. My husband brought up just taking a week off, and sightseeing around DC. I love the idea!! We live here, yet take the monuments and museums for granted. I'm greatly looking forward to taking the bus tours, and just spending some quality time together before the baby comes. Plus, being able to come home to the comfort of my own bed is an added bonus. :)

@UponAStar16 I totally hear you on the sex. My husband is so paranoid about hurting the baby, even though I have told him many times that it's totally fine. So we are also going through a major dry patch right now. I have to remember to ask the OB if sex is okay at our next appointment, so he can hear it from a definitive source that it's totally fine.

• Options
    How many weeks?
    16 weeks

How big is baby?
    Action figure/avocado 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Tomorrow!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Definitely feeling better. Now I'm having pain in my pelvis whenever I first get up and when I walk around. 

swimming at the pool! Other than that, gardening and relaxing. 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    von1976von1976 member
    How many weeks? 18 weeks

How big is baby? green pepper, artichoke, sugar glider, croissant

Upcoming appointments? A/S at 20 weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions: Enjoying not being nauseous 24/7. Starting to enjoying eating again! I'll take the headaches in stride, if it means not feeling nauseous.

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? Lounging in the pool? IDK.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    How many weeks? 18 weeks

How big is baby? BIG.. actually.. just a sugar glider.

Upcoming appointments? a/s on May 16th

Rants/Raves/Questions: I don't like how upset my stomach gets in the morning after just waking up.  Also, my hips are KILLING me while trying to sleep on my sides.

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? Wearing sandals, flip flops, and maxi dresses.
  • Options
    @uponastar16 Thanks for starting! I was looking for this thread this morning. . .

How many weeks?
    18 weeks

How big is baby?
    artichoke, sweet potato, croissant (We're in the realm of hearty foods!)

Upcoming appointments? 
    May 10th is our next appointment with our home birth midwife, just a regular monthly checkup

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I am loving, loving, loving my growing bump, and loving, loving, loving feeling him move! We went to my friend's piano concert last week and he was rolling all over the place all throughout. He liked the music! I finally feel like I'm past that stage of "Is she pregnant or just awkwardly fat?" (since I carry weight around my belly anyway) and squarely in the she's-definitely-pregnant-what-a-cute-bump phase.

My husband continues to be my greatest rant and my greatest rave at the same time. Sometimes I am so overwhelmed with love for him, excitement at this life we are creating together, and gratitude for all the small, tender ways he supports me. And sometimes he says stuff that make me feel like he thinks I'm crazy and that I need to be treated with kid gloves and I want to punch him in the throat.

We are flying from our home on the central coast of California back east to Virginia Beach for my giant, Italian family's annual reunion vacation. About 30 loud, loving Italians gather for a full week of eating, beach-ing, and game-playing. I've been going since I was a child, and my Dad went all through his childhood as well. It's a really nice tradition. And after watching so many of my cousins get pregnant and have babies over the years, finally I get to be the pregnant one!! (I'm 34 years old.) Really looking forward to taking my giant bump to the beach and spending time with people I love. I bet they'll throw me a shower while I'm there, too. ;)
  • Options
    emt87emt87 member
    How many weeks? 14

How big is baby? peach, 8oz filet

Upcoming appointments? none until the end of the month

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am finally getting over the nausea! So glad to wake up in the morning not have to eat within the first 5 minutes. I am not loving these headaches though, I think there have only been 2 headache free days in the past week. 

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? All of the delicious watermelon that will be in season soon! 

• Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @Piperella have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees? I was having terrible hip pain while sleeping and right after waking up but that made it go away. Make sure the pillow isn't too thick because that made mine worse (I guess it threw off my alignment) until I started using a thinner pillow. You can try either laying on your side with your legs stacked on each other with the pillow between them or you can also try putting the extra pillow on the bed in front of your bottom leg and then having your top leg lay on the pillow in front of the bottom leg (if that description makes sense at all). That second position was recommended in the prenatal yoga videos I watch and I find it really comfortable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How many weeks? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Avacodo

Upcoming appointments?  This Tuesday for my monthly appt

Rants/Raves/Questions: Got back today from Orlando. I was there a full week...half of it for work, then half for a mini-vacation with DH and DD. We did 2 days at Disney and 1 at Sea World and I'm so, so depressed to be home. Blah.

I have two questions I'm going to bring up with my doc, but if anyone wants to weigh in, I'd appreciate it.

1-I STILL sleep on my back every night. I use my maternity pillow, and if I catch myself, I roll back to my side, but without fail every day I wake up on my back. Just wondering how bad this is?

2-This is TMI and probably deserves to go in the symptom thread, but I'm having a very weird vaginal pain. I don't know how to describe it, other than it feels like a lot of pressure if bearing down (ie-going to the bathroom, sneezing, etc). After long days of walking in Disney I seriously felt like my vag was falling out. So bizarre.

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? Eh, no, not really haha.

• Options
    How many weeks? 18

How big is baby? Sugar glider, croissant, sweet potato, sling shot! 

Upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday is my real anatomy scan.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: got the official word that my panorama was all good! Baby is moving a lot - like right now for instance  :)

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? We'll be doing a lot of camping this summer, I look forward to going to the fair and having an elephant ear (!!), going to more tigers games with the kiddos, hot air jubilee.  We're just going to have a great summer! :)
  • Options
    @LGW2015 Ty for the tips!   I've tried a few different type of pillows but I think you're right in that I need a thinner one. Will try some of our throw pillows first. 
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member

How many weeks? 

How big is baby? 
    Orange

Upcoming appointments?
    May 19, US

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

I am so excited about summer sundresses & attire...not having to worry about "sucking in" or having flat abs. Have lots of outdoor concerts & festivals coming up in the next few months that I'm very much looking forward to
  • Options
    @JamieK1882 I was worried about the same back-sleeping thing (I'm 18 weeks) and both my midwife and prenatal yoga teacher assured me not to worry. They said I would wake myself up before it actually became a danger - kind of like when your arm or leg falls asleep and the tingling wakes you. I was skeptical, but then it happened! So I feel better trusting my body to not let me unintentionally do something that will harm the baby (or me) while sleeping. Hope that helps!

Also, I've been told that the vaginal pain & pressure is a normal part of 2nd tri round ligament pain...
  • Options
    suzy311suzy311 member
    A day late again :/

How many weeks? 14

How big is baby? lemon, troll doll

Upcoming appointments? monthly appointment on May 17 but sadly no u/s this time

Rants/Raves/Questions: Well the nausea has been replaced by other fun symptoms. Right now it's headaches and tossing & turning all night. I wake up every hour and just can never get comfortable. I think it's time for a Snoogle...

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? Wearing dresses & enjoying the warm weather!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How many weeks? 17

How big is baby? pomegranates (twins)

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy Scan next week!!!

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Pressure, pressure, and more pressure.  I don't know if this is normal for twins, STMs, or due to the difference is seasons of 2nd pregnancy vs 1st (winter).

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant?  Laying out at the beach & pool. 

• Options
    How many weeks? 14

How big is baby? Lemon

Upcoming appointments? 5/12 anatomy scan

Rants/Raves/Questions: STM and the lower part of my stomach is just uncomfortable this time, I'm guessing because I got bigger faster lol

GTKY: Anything you look forward to doing this summer while pregnant? Swimming

• Options
    @suzy311 Snoogles are the beeeeeeeest!
  • Options
    I second that @WildMama...I love not waking up with a numb arm and sore shoulder every night now, and it def helps you more comfortably sleep on your left side (although I still end up moving sometimes, like last night when I woke up on my back with the Snoogle on top of me!)
  • Options
    suzy311suzy311 member
    @WildMama @UponAStar16 Just ordered mine :) So excited for a night of (semi) solid sleep! Thanks ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker