October 2016 Moms
Options

Petty Problem Saturday! 4/30/16

Tell me about your silly, ridiculous problems that are obviously important at the same time!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Petty Problem Saturday! 4/30/16

• Options
    I'm working today, it's OT, but I don't want to be here.  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Booo, I hope it goes by fast. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Michi1382 said:
    Booo, I hope it goes by fast. 
    LOL me too!! Thanks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    FI took the truck to work so I'm stuck in the house until 1pm ;(
  • Options
    I have another one- I want a haircut really bad but have no idea where to go to get it done.
  • Options
    They are doing construction on our street, so I have to park my car down the block for a few weeks.

I left a bag in my car and I want it, but getting it will require putting on a bra and real pants. I won't be able to commit to that idea for at least a few hours. 
    I don't blame you in the least! I dub this a real problem. 
  • Options
    Michi1382Michi1382 member
    edited April 2016
    I have another one- I want a haircut really bad but have no idea where to go to get it done.
    I had this same problem and ended up making an appointment at the Ulta hair salon. They were really good and didn't make me feel bad about not wanting to cut my hair 6 inches like other places do. Maybe Yelp will help? ....I didn't mean for that to rhyme. 
  • Options
    I have sooo many papers to grade. Two classes from last Friday and four that got in last night. And all I want to do is play with registry stuff!

• Options
    DH doesn't want me to do harder stuff like cutting the grass and fixing the water pump/filter for our pond, but I don't want to do the stuff that has to get done inside like....organizing my desk...swiffering the guest bedroom floor....and showering....
  • Options
    @UponAStar16 Those are all the things I don't want to do either. Girl, please. 
  • Options
    @RainMira9e I teach high school so I'll get 5 classes of anywhere from 25-35 kids in each and I dread grading ALL those essay assignments. I just want to kill myself...or them.  :p
  • Options
    I am on the couch watching tv and the overhead light is too bright and I want to turn it off but that would require getting off the couch and WHYYYY don't I have clap lights?! Can I train my dog to go turn off the light? 

• Options
    I ripped the leg of my maternity leggings on a nail at my cousins house just now. fml. 
  • Options
    My manager WAY over booked us at the salon. Every client had been waiting 30-45 minutes by the time I greeted them. I made great money so I shouldn't complain, but it was ridiculous.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @Michi1382 My twin sister saved the day! She knows a girl who knows my style, called her, and booked an appointment for me for Saturday. I love that woman ♡

I was a hop skip and a jump away from majoring in education- After subbing and being a homeschool tutor, I am so glad I switched =/ That job is not for me, at least not on a K-12 level. College level after Master's MAYBE, but I'm even starting to hate college kids. What the hell happened to work ethic? These kids are PAYING for these classes and STILL blowing them off!
  • Options
    @Michi1382 I'm supposed to have five classes but I took an overload this semester (and two courses over summer) partly to compensate for being out half of the Fall. "Luckily" a lot of my students have dropped or not turned their work in... I hate doing it, but I kinda cheer when I see a poor response rate because it's so much easier for me!

@allythekid It is disappointing and there is NO WAY I would teach below college. Right now I'm frustrated with the perception that we're supposed to somehow motivate them. Like we should find a way to convince them that yes, they do need to do their assignments. I am no salesman and I have no desire to "sell" college. They chose to come, they signed up for classes, they paid for them. I hate it when they do stupid stuff and fail themselves, but they are adults and I'm personally pretty cool with letting them just deal with the consequences rather than trying to cajole them into being more responsible.

Maybe I'm extra ranty after grading all day and I still only did 16 papers.

• Options
    @RainMira9e @AllyTheKid Man, I feel you guys. "Motivate them." There is only so much we can do to get them to care enough to do an assignment. High school level is a rough gig, even harder in a rough neighborhood (though HS is tough everywhere!) and after 8 years at it, I've decided on a career change and an going into Guidance Counseling. I'm taking the courses right now and this is my first semester. But I'm looking forward to (and praying for) a job in this field. I know it isn't easy either but grading 100+ essays at home over the weekend with babies is just not my reality anymore. I give BIG props to those who do!! Plus, all of the testing has me gagging. 

I can't believe so many don't do work at the college level, where they're paying for their education. 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I want to hear how your hair appointment goes, lady!
  • Options
    My husband lost his erection yesterday and now I'm tired, horny and cranky 24 hours later.  I'll get myself off but I want penis time!!!! :bawling: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LauraPCOS Unacceptable!
  • Options
    My stomach isn't big enough for all the food I want to consume right now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
     @UponAStar16 DH doesn't care that I want to rake and get our yard together, he just wants me to do it while DS sleeps instead of mid day and that I should do indoor chores when DS is up. No, I mop and clean all week and it isn't what I want to do during weekend chores.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I really want to get my eyebrows waxed and pick out sheets but I can't bring myself to drag Mr. hates-a-stroller toddler with me.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I need to pack the house to move, but now I'm super restricted (no bending, lifting, activity for more than 30 minutes) and can't really even help. My poor husband has been doing all the work. 
  • Options
    CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
    edited May 2016
    My husband and I are trying to find a nice place to eat for our anniversary in a couple weeks, but I can't do a lot of gourmet places with tasting menus because they're all raw meats and seafood and other things I'm not supposed to eat while pregnant. I feel guilty even being frustrated about it but we go out for a nice meal so rarely...

• Options
    @Michi1382 You have my respect for sticking it out as long as you have! Even if the attitudes of students didn't deter me, all the BS that comes with standardized testing would. Best of luck with your career change too! And I will definitely do a hair update, I have had boring "mom hair" for over a year just trying to grow it out to a decent length. Time to finally add some style and spice...
    @RainMira9e I just do not and will not understand how somebody could CHOOSE to fuck off their own money and not put any effort into their classes. I get that the younger students may just feel obligated to attend college and not know what they want yet, but if you're just going to waste time, skip class, and not even try at LEAST drop the class so it doesn't cost you or hurt your GPA. If they'd put as much effort into their assignments as they did their excuses for not having assignments done they'd probably be doing pretty good
  • Options
    Posted before finished... it's a sign to shut up and quit ranting I guess lol Anyway, you ladies don't get the salaries or recognition due to you, you are troopers!