TTC After a Loss

International Bereaved Mother's Day 5/1/16

I found this post on Facebook this morning and thought I'd share.

Today is International Bereaved Mother's Day, a beautiful gesture...a day set aside by the Carly Marie to honor mothers missing their sweet babies. I have always had mixed feelings on having a separate day, because we are mothers...and mothers already have a day. And we honor the missing of our babies on so many other days. And, even more truthfully...special days are hard for me.

They may be a ...comfort to others, though. And I do get that. It is also such a beautiful way to bring hope to mothers and validate a bereaved mother's heart...such a gift from Carly. Because it means so much to have your baby acknowledged and honored. Please know...your baby matters...and your motherhood matters...everyday. You are loved.

And, if you're like me...a bit rebellious and not a huge fan of the expectations Mother's Day itself brings...read this Grace Rebel 's Guide to Surviving Mother's Day. Sending love and grace to all. ♡

https://blog.sufficientgraceministries.org/2014/05/a-grace-rebels-mothers-day-survival-list-for-grieving-hearts/

***********************************************************************************************************************************
~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
Me: 29 | DH: 31
TTC #1 since January 2015
BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

Re: International Bereaved Mother's Day 5/1/16

• From the beginning,
    from day one I loved my baby, and I miss my baby every day.

Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure how I feel about a dedicated day, and I hope that I'll be ok this mother's day, though if I'm smart I'll stay away from FB - it is the 2017 one that I'm more worried about - because my EDD was August, so I should have been pregnant still for this mother's day but not the next one.  

@SnobunnieMel your post made me cry. Because I am religious and DH and I have talked about our baby up in heaven waiting for us. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker