1st Trimester

HCG levels just barely doubling in first pregnancy. Looking for similar situations...

Hello Everyone,
These boards have been helpful in trying to understand and cope with my current situation. I have been trying to conceive for almost two years. We did our first round of clomid and IUI this past month and they required a blood test at what I think was 13dpiui. I had a low positive of 21. My second beta 4 days later was 95 and then 3 days later was 188.  They are barely doubling and slow to rise so they want to do an early ultrasound and another beta in a week.  It seems like I am not out of the game yet but have a poor prognosis for success.  If anyone can relate I would love to hear...

Re: HCG levels just barely doubling in first pregnancy. Looking for similar situations...

• I don't have personal experience with low beta but I just wanted to say definitely don't give up hope,  The initial rise was a bit slow but the rise from 95 to 188 in 3 days is not bad.
  • I was told beta numbers should double every 48-72 his hours, so you're your numbers are just going a little slower than others.
    I know it's hard but try to stay positive.  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses. I think they are worried and worrying me because most people's numbers jump up- its suspicious when they just barely double.
  • I've had that happen to me and unfortunately it was an ectopic. I hope for you it's just a slow rising number and it'll be good. I've heard of successful pregnancies after slow rising numbers so don't worry too much right now. Keep us updated!! Fingers crossed for you!
  • pbtoastpbtoast member
    I had slow-rising HCGs (can't remember exactly but my doubling time was more than 72 hours- though I was in the thousands) and my 11-week-old is currently sleeping in the bassinet next to my bed. My doctor told me multiple times that I was likely going to miscarry but obviously I didn't. It isn't over til it's over! Good luck! :)