July 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy/Baby Life-Hacks

PinkLady2015PinkLady2015 member
edited March 2016 in July 2016 Moms

I just saw this on pinterest and was like "best idea ever!"

So I figured this would be a great place for first or second time mom's to share their favorite pregnancy and baby hacks to make life just a little bit simpler!

For the mamas out there that use these pacisDIY soothie pacifier hole for pacifier clip

Re: Pregnancy/Baby Life-Hacks

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@buttermybiscuit lol like cough cough hack hack?? I edited!!

• Options

@buttermybiscuit lol like cough cough hack hack?? I edited!!

Ha, like hacking with a knife..skeery.
  • Options

@ldsjm123

That reminds me of this one...

Tried this. It failed miserably for us. 
  • Options

ahhh no way!!! what happened?!

• Options
    We didn't have enough stuff to lift the corners up high enough/weight the corners down enough. It just didn't get nice high and boxy sides like the picture. And there is always wind at the beach blowing sand in and people stepping in and out, bringing sand in. It was just all around a Pinterest fail for me. I'm not saying it couldn't work better for someone else, but I don't think I'll be trying it again. @PinkLady2015
  • Options
    My favorite is: the flaps on the shoulders of onesies are not just cute, they're functional. When your baby has a blowout, instead of pulling the onesie over the baby's head to get it off, you can pull the onesie down the baby's legs, so you won't get poop in her hair. Who wants poop in their hair?
    I wondered what they were for! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @givemepenguinss - i used that trick so much when DD was little and even taught daycare about it.  It's useful for blowouts, baby barf, food... Thanks for reminding me! 
  • Options
    My favorite is: the flaps on the shoulders of onesies are not just cute, they're functional. When your baby has a blowout, instead of pulling the onesie over the baby's head to get it off, you can pull the onesie down the baby's legs, so you won't get poop in her hair. Who wants poop in their hair?
    I've used this trick a few times - it's useful but I find that over time, the onesie gets so stretched out at the shoulders :frowning: 
  • Options

Not exactly a hack but a product recommendation. Vick's makes a nightlight that has mentholated pads.  Plug it in when sick and the whole room metholates.  It's wonderful for little babies who really aren't supposed to be getting rubbed with menthol yet.

Also, orthodontic pacifiers work really well as teether.  If you squeeze the nipple and fill it with water you can put the water filled pacifiers in the freezer and give to baby for instant relief when teething. (Also, frozen bagels, frozen washcloths, etc.)

Gas drops from Little Remedies and the Love you Massage (You tube it) always helped with purple crying.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    Also, not a hack but the baby oxi clean got every conceivable stain out.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    @PinkLady2015 That is genius. I was imagining just shoving bags into the freezer and losing them forever.