Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of April 25

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of April 25

• I feel like I'm having some anti-symptoms, like being cold all the time and not hungry. I've heard it could be anemia, thyroid, or just plain normal.  That's my random fear/concern. Oh, and husband is freaking out about money, is super grumpy/scared all of a sudden, even though we've been trying for years.
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • I'm very cold to, which I think has to do with my weight loss.
    Could you get some bloodwork done to ease your mind @kuposa17?

I feel with your husband, I guess it all just started to get real for him.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're feeling that way @kuposa17 ! I'd also have bloodwork done just to be sure, but it could bery well be completely normal too. I'm 39 weeks now and I'd say that overall (and especially during the first tri), I've had more food aversions than cravings, so I haven't been stuffing my face all that much. I also think your husband's reaction is normal...I'd say I've had a similar reaction myself a few weeks ago where I started questioning myself as to whether this (having a baby any day now) is what we really wanted. I think when you're trying for so long, the possibility of there never being a baby becomes real and it's hard to think it's actually happening sometimes. Just let him voice his concerns...you'll see he'll turn around in no time ;) 
  • Okay, so I was at Big Lots this morning buying protein bars (my current obsession and I had to buy more because DH happens to love the flavor of the Zone Perfect ones I bought) and this old lady in front of me says, "are you on your way to the hospital?" I gave her a look and said "no". She said I looked like I was about to pop, which I don't.. I'm not really THAT big. Then the lady behind the counter who had two gold teeth acted like she was pushing and just looked like a real moron. I was so pissed. How freaking rude! It took all I had in me not to say something ignorant to the both of them. I'm still going over in my head what I should have said to them and it's been almost an hour now.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Hihih, I needed a good laugh @binnie505! Thanx for sharing :smile: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• I accidentally came across the following: https://www.momjunction.com/articles/why-pcos-makes-breastfeeding-difficult_00398143/

Did anyone else knew breastfeeding might be difficult when having PCOS?

I know it says 'might' so not all will have trouble, but it kinda took away my last bit of energy I have left. Like, will I get a break of it all? Or will it just be struggle after struggle after struggle. 

• @tvh1982 hahaha this was the missing piece, now I am worried because I have higher chances of getting gestational diabetes, have autism in my kid and might not be able to breastfeed ! I know there are much more serious conditions in this world but I have been dealing with PCOS since I was 16 and I am so tired of it.
  • Ah @tvh1982 we can't catch a break . On the bright side I'm glad you shared that article so know early and can hopefully do something about if we plan to breastfeed . Damn PCOS. I hate it . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • That's interesting (but in a very uncool kinda way). You ladies really can't catch a break, can you?! If it also affects the production of oxytoxin, is it possible that women with PCOS need to be induced more frequently? 

I have stage 4 endometriosis that affected my health (bladder, liver, gallbladder, etc.) in many ways on top of infertility. I therefore have high hopes of being able to breastfeed, but that adds pressure that probably won't help. I just received the book 'The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding' that I ordered...I think I should have gotten to it sooner than a few hours/days before going into labour though... 
  • Oh wow, you are that close @kidshrink!
    That made me smile! Yay for seeing your little one soon!! xoxo

• Oh yes, very close @tvh1982 ! Technically due next week, but I've been having false labour since Tuesday, and went to L&D overnight as it seems like the show was officially on the road...it sort of is, but I'm still in early labor. If not today, seems like we're going to have our little guy before the end of the weekend. At least that's what I hope because you really can't sleep through a contraction unless you have an epidural or other pain meds, and I'm not dilated enough for the epi yet. They gave me a bit of gravol and morphine last night, so I managed two hours of sleep, but right now I can fall asleep standing if I close my eyes long enough (like 10 seconds). 
  • So excited news @kidshrink. Wishing you a smooth labour. Sending lots of positive vibes your way xoxo!

• @kidshrink how exciting !!  I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible :) keep us posted please !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Omg @kidshrink that went by so fast. Well at least for me. Lol. Keep us updated. Can't wait to hear. And see pics maybe?
  • @kidshrink so excited for you! Hopefully that LO is well on its way by the time you see this! :D
  • My random: I finally threw out my remaining IVF meds this week. I'm 33 wks pregnant and it was hard. Anyone else struggle with this?
  • I am not nearly as far along as you so holding on to mine for quite a while still but thinking of donating them to my REs office. Not sure when though. So I understand holding on to them until 33 weeks. 
  • How exciting @KidShrink! Hoping you have or have had a smooth delivery!

@HBAMAMA2B Im 26 weeks and am still to nervous to donate or do anything with my unused Gonal-F pen!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • It was really hard. Hubs wanted to bin them at around 22wks but I wasn't ready. Even now, it's a scary thing. We didn't have anything we could donate, except a ton of unused needles. Those we did. I wish we'd had anything not used to donate. We ended up going through just a tiny bit of one gonal-f pen and 1 vial of Menopur in a whole box. :/ 
  • @KidShrink yay it's almost time! Hope everything goes smoothly for u. Enjoy the new phase. :)
  • @Drove2u Ahhhh!! You've finally joined us over here?! How far along are you?? Congratulations!

@KidShrink Yay! You'll end have your LO in your arms soon. How exciting! I can't wait to see some pictures. 

@HBamama2B I donated my leftover mess to my cousin who was about to go through IVF. It worked out perfect, I wanted to keep my mess u till I was out of the first trimester and that's around the time she needed them. I am so glad I was able to help her out because otherwise wit would have cost her thousands because her insurance sucks!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Drove2uDrove2u member
    @adorkablepixie thanks. I'm still very early and not exactly sure how far along I am. I go for my first ultrasound Friday. 
  • @Drove2u Ahhhh!! You've finally joined us over here?! How far along are you?? Congratulations!

@KidShrink Yay! You'll end have your LO in your arms soon. How exciting! I can't wait to see some pictures. 

@HBamama2B I donated my leftover mess to my cousin who was about to go through IVF. It worked out perfect, I wanted to keep my mess u till I was out of the first trimester and that's around the time she needed them. I am so glad I was able to help her out because otherwise wit would have cost her thousands because her insurance sucks!
    That's wonderful you were able to help her out! I'm hoping with our next round it will work out a little better to be able to donate something, we stimmed a couple extra days so that just ruined it. I feel lucky with what we got, but I think it should all be covered under insurance.

Also- saw your post. 90% of the responses in June are total inside jokes. Other BMBs tend to think we're crazy Bc it's so hard to decode...;)