1st Trimester

When will I start showing?

I'm 12 wks and 4 days I know its a Lil early to show but when did u mommas start to show on your first pregnancy and what was your starting weight and height?

Re: When will I start showing?

• With my first pregnancy I wasn't visibly pregnant until 18-20 weeks. I'm 5'8" and I was 140lbs back then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just looked a little chubby until somewhere around 25 or 26 weeks.  I'm 31 weeks now and if I wear the right clothes I can still hide it pretty well if I need to. I wasn't particularly big pre-pregnancy (5'6", 175-ish), I just carry close into my spine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't get so much as a pooch until 14 weeks, and it wasn't a visible, obvious bump until around 23. It varies person to person, though.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• i didn't start showing until 18 weeks. starting weight: 115lbs. starting height: 5'2.
  • I didn't get so much as a pooch until 14 weeks, and it wasn't a visible, obvious bump until around 23. It varies person to person, though.
    Didn't put my starting weight and height! 5'6" 148lbs
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• With my first baby I started at 5'4" and 150 lbs and didn't show until dang near 20 weeks. I carried super low and had a smaller baby though. 
  • Started at 5'4" 120lb, started showing at 18w.   My final weight was 163
  • Started showing around 18 wks. 5'-2" and 110lb
  • Yep, 18/19ish weeks. I'm average height and started at 118. I mean, I looked different before the 18 week mark, but I don't think it was a convincing bump before then.

Kid #1: Two years old
    Kid #2: Due Date 11/16/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was showing a little by 12 weeks. 5'1", 110 lbs. It didn't start being obvious until 15/16 weeks though. 
  • I was 5'2" 150 with my first and started showing about 16 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • I'm 5'4, weighed 147 when I became pregnant and began showing around 17-18 weeks.  At 14 weeks, is when I started to look like a gained some weight in my belly, but it wasn't a noticeable bump, for a few more weeks. 
  • With my first I started showing sometime after 23 or 24 weeks but not enough that I couldn't hide it if I wanted to. I was 5'0 and 95 lbs to start. 
  • About 24 weeks with the first and then 22 weeks and 20 weeks with the 2nd and 3rd, respectively. 
  • I was 5'6" 155 pre-pregnancy and have gained 4 pounds. I'm 12 weeks and definitely have a rounded belly. Not sure if its a bump or bloat but I had bloat earlier and this looks different, more prominent. I find it kind of odd because its my first pregnancy to possibly be showing this early, but if so I know it can happen and doc said everyone is different so it is what it is! ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Your weight doesn't have a whole lot of bearing on when you will show, it's more about where baby and your uterus are. I was bloated as hell from the getgo, but didn't get an actual bump until 27 weeks because LO was situated way far back on my spine (which felt lovely, btw).

Ansplusalso, super informative thread on this is pinned to the top of this board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Even at 12 weeks, it's still bloat... Your uterus is still behind your pelvis. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • danjolydanjoly member
    I am 5'6" and was 130 pre pregnancy and started having a small bump at 18weeks BUT only the people who knew me know that I was not more fluffy. I'm now 29 weeks and strangers are starting to ask about my pregnancy. I only started to look really pregnant for the outside world around the third trimester