May 2016 Moms

***Friday Ticker Change 4/29***

How many weeks/fruit? 
Symptoms/raves/rants?  
Appointment update?
Questions for the group? 
How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? 

Re: ***Friday Ticker Change 4/29***

• How many weeks/fruit? 38 weeks 

Symptoms/raves/rants?  Symptoms: Itchy belly, by about 3 pm my feet start swell a tiny bit- luckily nothing crazy. Back spasms- I really could do without the back spasms. They usually hit in the morning as I get in my car so I have to sit there for a few minutes and wait for them to pass. I'm also feeling super forgetful- like I'm sitting here 30 minutes from home wondering if I actually shut the backdoor- our yard is fenced so I'd like to think it's not a huge issue if I forgot but the dog who isn't crated is an escape artist. My hubby is being very adorable and is anxious for Evie to arrive- saying "you've carried her for nine months! I want to hold her!" it's pretty cute. 

Appointment update? 2pm today! I get another ultrasound! 

Questions for the group? None

How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? I'm feeling pretty ready- honestly I'm now just anxious to deliver her, especially since when I leave work and tell people I'll see them tomorrow they always respond with "MAYBE!" I will admit I don't like the whole wait and see part. It's kinda stressing me out.  
  • My last ticker change!!!!

How many weeks/fruit? 
    38 weeks!
    Symptoms/raves/rants?  I feel like my pubic bone is going to break in two. It hurts so bad at night especially. I've also had some sciatic pain this week, but NOTHING like it was with my DD.
    Appointment update? Usually have appts on Fridays, but last Friday I let my doc know that it seemed he had decreased in movement a little bit, so he wanted me to come in earlier and get a biophysical ultrasound. It all looked good, and thankfully, he had started moving again like crazy over the weekend and through this week. I don't know if he had a growth spurt or something for a few days? But, the doc said since I'm scheduled for my c-sec next Friday, that I didn't have to come in for another appt next week. A WEEK AND HE'LL BE HERE! AHH!
    Questions for the group? 
    How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? Physically, I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I'm so tired of the discomfort! Yesterday was the last day in the office, and I'm working remotely today-Tuesday which is a great feeling. Between answering emails/tying up lose ends, I'm getting the house picked up of clutter so that it's ready for the cleaning company to come next Tuesday. I seriously cannot wait for that!!!! I've had zero motivation or energy to do both picking up clutter from a crazy 2 year old AND do a deep cleaning. Emotionally, no, I'm not ready at all! I'm not ready for the hardships that are inherent with a newborn (getting the hang of breastfeeding, no sleep, etc), and wrapping my head around how to do that with a 2.5 year old.

Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • clw617clw617 member
    edited April 2016
    How many weeks/fruit? 36 weeks/Papaya

Symptoms/raves/rants?  Some swelling at the end of the day if I don't move around enough. Thankfully, I'm feeling good. Although, when are people going to learn that "you look tired!" is not some sort of sympathetic comment to make?? A co-worker said it the other day and I actually felt fine, and someone else said it this morning. This is just how my face looks! lol

And I'm in the camp of no labor symptoms. No BH, no contractions. Baby just moves a lot but I can tell he's high. I haven't experienced this lightening crotch people talk about! I guess I should consider myself lucky, but all my action is like, up in my stomach/ribcage area, and down below feels pretty chill. I'm a STM, and my first pregnancy was the same way. Must just be me and how I carry.  *shrug* 

Appointment update? I have one this afternoon -- first cervix check along with growth ultrasound. 

Questions for the group? This is random, and not delivery related (but I'm too lazy to post to the working mom board). But I'm pondering Teacher Appreciation Week gifts for DS1's daycare teachers next week. Anyone have cute ideas?

How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? Around the house -- NOT AT ALL. The nursery is an embarrassing disaster. Stacks of tubs, nothing is organized. Half the closet is DS's size 2T winter clothes. Ugh. I am the classic total opposite of how prepared I was with baby #1. The bassinet is still in our storage unit. DH is all, "when are you going to make some meals to stash in the freezer?"

Mmhm. So yeah, I'm ready for the baby to stay put for now because I've got to play catch-up.

**ETA: My side-eye gif  :smile: 
  • How many weeks/fruit: 37weeks and 4 days
    Symptoms/ raves/rants? J
    ust extremely tired, I feel exhausted and still trying to work is hard. 
    Appointment update: I went Tuesday where they told me I was positive for Strep B, I work 2 hours from the hospital so naturally I am super nervous I wont make it to the hospital in time. I had to go to Labor and Delivery yesterday for a NST, so far everthing looks great and baby is head down!
    How "ready" do you feel? Physicaly, emotinally, etc...? I want the baby to be a healthy as possible. So i feel ready but not... I have an 18 month old who has been very whiney this week and I am so worried she will be upset with a new baby. I am not running as often as I was the whole pregnancy. Now I get about 5-8 miles a week. All around I am just tired. so again...I feel ready but not lol

1ST BABY GIRL BORN OCTOBER 22, 2014

STM DUE MAY 16 2016!!

• How many weeks/fruit? 37 weeks
    Symptoms/raves/rants?  My feet/ankles have ballooned like crazy. I am always tired and I have permanent bags under my eyes. My hips and back hurt. My belly is itchy. That being said, after hearing some of the issues the women in my prenatal class have had to deal with, I consider myself lucky. Plus, today is my last day of work! If LO goes to my EDD, I'll get three weeks to rest at home.
    Appointment update? My midwife has been in Cuba for two weeks. I get to see her next Wednesday. I thought it would be no big deal, but I'm anxious to see her for some reason.
    Questions for the group? None
    How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..?  Physically I feel very ready. I can't wait to have my body back. Emotionally, I'm extremely excited to meet and hold this baby and to start our lives together, but a small part of me is also freaking out thinking I am not prepared.

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • How many weeks/fruit? 36 weeks

Symptoms/raves/rants?  Swollen feet and ankles, back pain, tired, carpal tunnel (new symptom as of this week). She's doing well and is finally head down! The little turd has been transverse most of this pregnancy! She's a big girl and we are just happy she's been given the time to grow more! No major rants other than just starting to feel uncomfortable all the time, no matter what I do. I have a massage tomorrow and seeing a chiropractor next week so hopefully that helps. 

Appointment update? I see the MFM every week and now I'm on weekly OB appointments; so next Tuesday and Friday 

Questions for the group?  Nothing that I can think of

How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? I feel pretty ready altogether, we need to get the cars cleaned and car seats in this week and set up the pack n play. I'm not all that nervous about delivery or anything; I'm just mainly worried about what will happen after she is born with her heart rate. I just hope it goes well. But I have a feeling she will be in the NICU for a week or two to get her meds stable.
  • @bookelf221 - I just could not take the itchy belly anymore and my Dr. prescribed me a cream called Clobetasol Propionate Cream USP, 0.05%.  It has REALLY helped. 
  • Final ticker change post! Woot woot! 

How many weeks/fruit? 
    39 weeks/pumpkin
    Symptoms/raves/rants?  Swelling, super tired, everything basically is painful or itchy. Moving takes calculated thought and work. 
    Appointment update? Had an appointment with my Dr and US Tuesday- US confirmed I have excess amniotic fluid (there is a technical name but it's a hard one) so I am being induced Sunday night! Fluid is keeping baby high, so I'm not dilating or effacing much at all. There is also a worry that if my water breaks on its own then the cord will come down first with all the fluid. Had another appointment with US and non stress test today and still the same.  
    Questions for the group? none! 
    How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? I am so ready on every single level. DH and I have just a couple of things to do around the house tomorrow, plans for the big kids have been set, nursery is done, everything is set. I will say that I am nervous about the induction a little bit, mostly because I am not super dilated. Both of my other two were born "late" DD was at 42 weeks and I went in 3cm and totally effaced. 
  • gemini2005gemini2005 member
    edited April 2016
    How many weeks/fruit?  37 weeks
    Symptoms/raves/rants?  Exhausted with brief spurts of nesting, heartburn, some insomnia, pelvic pressure, very emotional and impatient, lots of BH
    Appointment update?   My appointment was Tuesday and I was checked (barely dilated or effaced) and got my GBS test.  I gained two pounds but surprisingly I'm not measuring ahead for once!  I also had my (first) weekly NST because I'm AMA.  I was glad to finally get a mini tour of the L&D unit while I was there.
    Questions for the group? Nothing today
    How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..?  I'm not feeling ready at all.  Physically, I'm still not to the point where I want to be done.  I'm one of those freaks that loves being pregnant and I'm treasuring this since it's my last baby (cue tears...).  Emotionally, I am scared of having three kids and being overwhelmed.  Also, I know how precious those first few months are and they FLY by...I hope I'm able to fully enjoy it as it's happening!!!
  • How many weeks/fruit? 39 weeks
    Symptoms/raves/rants?  ugh like everything...bad back pain, low pressure on my lady bits, nauseousness, super tired, no energy, tightness in my belly, hip pain, contractions here and there, no swelling though still! 
    Appointment update? next Monday, midwife said I have to pick an induction date then. she suggested either the 5th or 9th..she offered to schedule it last appt on Tuesday, but I said no. I'm really scared of an induction.
    Questions for the group? any ideas to ease some of my anxiety about delivery? i'm thinking of getting a pedicure sunday afternoon. 
    How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? very unready, I have occasional moments where I feel ok, but most of the time I feel panicky about it. I feel like I have most of the stuff set up at home for him. 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • MsIanMsIan member
    How many weeks/fruit? 38 weeks

Symptoms/raves/rants? Lots of hip and back pain when I get up. Swelling in my feet/ankles and hands. Weird insomnia.

Appointment update? I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. -1 station, 90% effaced, and 2-3 cm dilated. I keep progressing from week to week, so maybe this will be the week. I went steadily from -3 to -2 to -1 and then a big jump from 1 cm to 2-3 (from a doctor that says the doctor who gave me the 1cm would say I was actually 3 cm yesterday). I haven't been feeling any contractions or anything I can definitively say are contractions, but lots of pressure. We'll see.

Questions for the group? 

How "ready" do you feel? Physically, emotionally, etc..? I'm ready in literally all the ways one could be ready. Emotionally, physically, everything. I'm just over it and I want to meet my little man. I'm going to clean some today with the hopes that when I'm finished, I'll go into labor lol.