Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend Randoms

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms

• @clover28 we just recently bought a new mattress and it was the best decision ever! I felt really old being super excited about it too but prior to buying the new one we were still sleeping on my old mattres from college! It was definitely time! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• NurseMarie9NurseMarie9 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm on call for work tomorrow, boo.  We need to move our bed to the "guest room" this weekend. That room is supposed to be the nursery eventually......but for now it's going to be a guest room since there ain't no baby and we have guests coming to stay with us this summer.  On a positive note, we get our new tempurpedic bed on Tuesday woohoo!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MamaMunn Mostly what everyone else said about pre-approval and make sure you get a realtor for you. Our pmi was only about $100/month. We refinanced a couple years ago and it was dropped since our house went up in value. Decide what specifics are imperative to you and I reccomended you don't look at anything over your budget. It hurts to say no. 

Make sure you like your realtor. At the end of every house you look at and say what you liked and didn't like about it to your realtor. It will help them find others you're looking for. 

Also remember your house insurance. They will add that to your mortgage. The first year you'll likely have to make a lump sum payment at the end because they didn't collect enough for it. They pay every 6 months, and the first couple payments your monthly payments will change too as they rework it.
  • @MamaMunn USDA is another option too, with 0% down. When comparing USDA and FHA before buying our home last year, the monthly payments were about the same but for FHA we would've needed over $12,000 down. For us the first step was finding a mortgage agent and getting educated on all the financing options and what we could get approved for. From there find a real estate agent, ours wouldn't show us any homes until she had our pre-approval letter in hand and spoke to our mortgage agent. Best of luck!
  • @cabu14 your earlier question might have already been answered in which case this post is redundant, but in case you or anyone else wants another opinion in terms of "what is a contributing member?", I think a contributing member would have both quantity and quality posts:

Quantity: have been around (more than lurking) longer than the TWW of the BFP (preferably longer than the cycle of the BFP) - last time this question was brought up, a minimum of ~dozen posts was mentioned

Quality: has responded to other members to offer support and not JUST posted either on TWW, WTO, other daily threads (or, dare I say it, on the AW threads they started themselves) and not bothered to read or respond to the other members and what's been said in the other parts of the daily threads (incl. TWW and WTO).

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @MamaMunn I think there is also something called being prequalified for a loan too, which we did before we actually got preapproved. Our preapproval had a time limit on it where we would have had to get another one if we didn't find a house within that time frame. (NBD to get another preapproval, but it hits your credit again if that is a bad thing for you.)
    By being prequalified, we knew the price range we should be looking at and we could look for as long as we wanted without worrying if the approval would expire. 
    Also realize that realtors, inspectors, pest management people, and investors often have relationships where the recommend each other to clients (sometimes I think even pay each other for referrals.) We got burned on a house inspection because we took our realtor's suggestion and he was an idiot. Ask your friends/relatives/coworkers for suggestions instead!
  • Thanks everyone for the advice! House buying seems so intimidating, it's great to know where to start and some things to watch out for. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• @Buthayna I keep seeing AW - what does this mean? 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• MylittaMylitta member
    edited April 2016
    @cabu14 Attention Whore

Essentially just trying to spotlight themselves

Eta:explanation - it looked so rude without one. 
  • @cabu14 Yes I'm over here wondering the same thing? At first I was like...asswipe?...No that can't be right hahaha

@MamaMunn That is such a good question, and I'm going to creep on all the responses you get!! We are currently living in a "module home", aka a nice 3 bedroom trailer on a piece of property behind DH's moms house. DH is perfectly content with staying here until his mom is ready to "swap houses". She has an 18 room, old farm house, which yes is completely gorgeous and drool worthy. However, I would never be able to feel like it was MY home. Especially if we swap and she's still living so close, what are the chances I could
    completely redo their family home to my standards without getting pushback you know? So I subscribe to all of the local realty companies and Zillow, and always have an eye out for what's for sale around us lol. Can't hurt to dream!

@aammyy33 DH had a king sized pillow top when I met him. I remember thinking that is was the biggest bed I'd ever seen in my life! Now I literally cannot imagine sleeping in anything else. When we have slept in doubles or queens since, it feels claustrophobic AF lol.

@clover28Have fun shopping for the new mattress! 

@MollyandD How did you make out last night?! Did the tornadoes steer clear of you?!
  • BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited April 2016
    @mrsdaddario AssWipe would be a good one too though :P

ETA: if you didn't see @Mylitta 's response, the real acronym is Attention Whore (just posting something to get attention, not really to contribute to the community)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @mrsdaddario Yep, I'm all safe and it's gorgeous outside today. There was some damage south of me. At least one house and some barns destroyed that I know of. Today, there's not a cloud in the sky. Oklahoma weather is funny that way. 
  •  @Mylitta  and @SienaC  I want to go to your guys' events! It actually turned out to be pretty fun. The escape room was fun and then we all went and ate/ drank at a local sports bar.

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• @Mylitta Thanks! and Thanks for the edit haha that would have looked funny for sure.  

• Ah guys this thread is so useful! DH and I are starting the process soon too and as first time home buyers I know we have a lot of options but there's surprisingly little information online that's concise about the topic. Thanks @MamaMunn for bringing it up! And thanks to everyone who contributed. The responses were super helpful. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @MollyandD glad to hear it steered clear of you! The weather where I live can change drastically very quickly too, but luckily we don't really get tornadoes! That sounds terrifying!

@PepperAT glad to hear you had fun at your event! The escape room sounds like fun!

@mrsdaddario a king size pillowtop sounds amazing! We've never had a king size bed but I want one! 

@MamaMunn it sounds like you got some great advice already but I just wanted to add that the worst part of our home buying experience was that it realtor didn't really do any of the legwork or listen to our feedback. He was literally just there to open the doors for us. We had to find all of the houses to look at ourselves and make the showings work with his schedule. On the rare occasion that our realtor did send us new houses they would never fit with what we told him we wanted. We told him we wanted a house and he would send us townhouses. We said it had to have an attached garage and he would send us something with a detached carport. It was really annoying! 

• @AliciaGoose
    @mamamunn
    On top of the great advice everybody else has given, I highly suggest checking out some nonprofits in your area.  There will probably be one or more with a housing focus or a specific housing program.  They'll usually have a considerable amount of information regarding the best banks & mortgages in your area, as well as special federal, state, and city grants available for your situation.  Don't be intimidated if you're not part of their target demographic (for instance, if it's an Asian-American focus and you're Latino), they'll tell you up front if it's an exclusive service or program (and most NPOs are not exclusive, just targeted).

I also wanted to jump on @SienaC 's comment:  Please don't be afraid to fire your realtor, loan officer, or anybody providing a service to you in the process!  Everybody should be fighting to make this process go smoothly - on both the seller's and the buyer's sides.  We fired our loan officer after the assessment (they estimated the value of the house at half of the worth and refused to get a second opinion, this was actually strike three for the loan officer messing up).  Thanks to our realtor's connections, we were able to get a new bank and close the deal.  If it doesn't feel 100%, don't commit!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Yes, thank you @TheJerilu for clarifying that! I just realized that I accidently went off on a small rant and forgot to circle back to my point! 

• Ugh it's gorgeous outside and I have no desire to do anything outdoors
  • @leekat14 Do you feel 'pressured' sometimes to be doing something amazing and active and productive outside when it's nice out? It's the one big issue with me in summer. Sometimes I just want to curl up with a blanket in my cool, dark basement and watch Netflix okay? But super outdoorsy people are like 'But it's so nice out! You should be gardening/riding a bike/going to a park/playing a sport/doing yard work!'.

Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• So much for mattress shopping... Woke up this morning with a terribly painful sore throat and rash on my stomach.  Ended up testing positive for strep.. Here's to hoping these antibiotics clear this up soon, because this sucks.
  • @MelissaM090 I always feel bad, especially when H suggests something for me to do while he is gone.  Today maybe I feel worse because tomorrow it will rain anyway.  I actually got a ton of stuff done so I feel like I'm less stressed, if I spent my day outside I wouldn't have gotten anything done!
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    @clover28  oh man! That's awful - I had strep a few years ago not fun.  Take it easy for sure!! I thought I could still work from home and totally wound up getting more sick! I hope you feel better soon!

• cabu14cabu14 member
    So my sister has numerous kids.. the youngest being 3yo.  She always tells me she has kept all their baby clothes so that she can hand them down to me.  Today she had my husband come pick up the boxes because they were cluttering up her bedroom and I was happy to take them off her hands.  I am now (hopefully not for long) benched.. and I am having the hardest time not going through the 6 boxes of baby stuff and sorting it.. I did not see this feeling coming but its like all I want to do.. but I am not going to do this because its BSC and it will just make me sad that I can't even try right now and that I am not KTFU. I just wasn't expecting to want to organize.. calling it the need to nest. I also am going to confess.. the probably biggest reason I am not going through the boxes is because I am benched due to back issues and it would be extremely painful lol.. but the rest of it is true too haha.

• @linzrunz We are getting ready to get our house ready to put on the market and its a little overwhelming for me. 

@MamaMunn We put 5% down on our first house and are looking at putting about 20% down if we buy a house we're looking at now.  I think the biggest thing to remember is not to rush the process.  

@clover28 @aammyy33 our bed/mattress we bought after we got married is one of my favorite purchases to date.

@mrsdaddario We live in a "modular home" in my dad's front yard.  We are actually talking about buying his house right now. 

We are taking it easy this weekend.   Today, DH and I took our DDs out for lunch and then spent all afternoon in the pool.    Tomorrow, I've got to clean, groccery shop and meal prep.
  • @stardust317It's definitely a crazy process.  We want it on market asap, and I think we just decided to redo the kitchen cabinets last minute.  Ugh!  It'll help it sell faster, but I'm so ready to just list it and see how it goes.  Good luck with yours!  I hope it sells fast.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @ReesaAnne16 horses are great for the soul, when I'm stressed or angry, nothing makes me feel better faster than just sitting in the paddock watching the horses.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @reesaanne16 All of that sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy you had such a beautiful day!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @MelissaM090  my husband is very outdoorsy and is always trying to get me to garden or whatnot.  I'm just sitting there like I'm an indoor girl. Don't make me go outside. 

@clover28  I hope you feel better soon.  

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• clover28 said:
    So much for mattress shopping... Woke up this morning with a terribly painful sore throat and rash on my stomach.  Ended up testing positive for strep.. Here's to hoping these antibiotics clear this up soon, because this sucks.
    Ahh I just got that it sucks. Remember something my doctor told me that I never thought of, throw away your old tooth brush and anything else's that touches your mouth. Or your reinfect yourself. I had to get rid of my favorite chapstick and lipstick :( 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @skiingstark NOOOO. Ah, shit. I just bought some urban decay lip gloss that is the bees' knees.  Oh well, its worth it to not feel like this again.
  • @clover28 I had strep about a month ago, and the good news is that the antibiotics started working for me almost immediately! I hope it's the same for you!

I poured boiling water over my toothbrush every time I used it for while I was on the antibiotics and then when I was about to go off the antibiotics (a few days after I stopped having any symptoms) I completely replaced the toothbrush. I didn't even think of lipchap or lip gloss :( I didn't reinfect myself, fortunately, but I should have thought of that ::sunglasses: 

I wonder if just cutting the top off would be "good enough" or if the bacteria would go all the way in for lip chap and lip stick :S Better safe than sorry, I guess :(

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @whiska welcome back!!! I hope your trip was amazing!
  • @MamaMunn everyone has given great advice. Find a team of people you trust including a knowledgeable attorney. Our team made the buying and selling process so much easier. 

@ReesaAnne16 sounds like a great day, I love farmers' markets.

Yesterday we had a housewarming party and dh's grandma's 100th birthday. Today we're just relaxing. 

BabyFruit Ticker