Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC*

2»

Re: FFFC*

• Options
    I'm so sorry @mrsdaddario some people are on another planet! You'd have had to hold me back!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario  I'm impresssed at your self control to not tell that person off or slap him.  I don't know what I would have done.  I probably wouldn't have a job right now.

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    @kiki75 - I know what you mean. I have a friend who is like that too. Or whenever I think about Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds...their lives are just NOT fair! A person should not have it all, like they seem to. But I just tell myself that she must rip the worst farts ever and he, well come on, he is perfect, amiright?! 
  • Options
    Kiki75 said:
    @mrsdaddario Girl, you could have gained 50 lbs since you got engaged and it would still be none of that biznitches biznass. WTF is wrong with people?
    @lisswastaken Don't worry about the PNVs. They may think that but be too polite to say anything but if they do, just tell them that that's what you take for a multivitamin. I had a doctor actually recommend that when I was 19 because a) they're a super cheap low-level iron supplement (I was a little anemic) b) unplanned pregnancies do happen and if that's the case, it's good to be up on your folic acid ahead of time c) if it's good to be taking a multi anyways, that's just as good an option as any but has the other benefits. 

*snip*
    I totally get that the point of this was to have an excuse for having PNVs in the house, but I just wanted to bring up that the bolded line might not be true.  I remember reading that it's not recommended to take a PNV if you're not TTC.  Something about the extra iron and folic acid that can be harmful if taken over a long period of time.  I don't know if it's proven and I might be totally wrong, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario that totally sucks! I've had students ask me multiple times over the year and I hope my flash of rage has created that many more people in the world who won't ask such a rude question.
    @housewifehobbyist I've been having a similar feeling. I care too much about enjoying life (which means enjoying certain foods when I want them) to lose a significant amount of weight. My only gripe is I gain a lot of weight directly in my stomach and it seriously makes me look pregnant. Like I could do the stereotypical hands cupping belly pose and pass it off. Which I guess a tiny confession is that I've done that frequently in the mirror at home over the last few months. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I agree with @ShadeofGreen816 about Go Fund Me, except for when the expense is something for a funeral, catastrophic illness, etc.  Even then, I have a hard time when it's set up by the recipient.  Somehow it's more palatable to me if friends or family request help.  Then it's people getting together to help someone in need, which is a lovely thing. 

It reminds me of my FFFC (which would probably have fit in on UO Thursday as well):  I hate when people ask for money for their honeymoon.  A Facebook friend, who's wedding I won't be invited to anyway (but still!!) put up a link to ask for funds for specific things they are doing on their honeymoon:  $X for river rafting, $X for a dinner cruise, etc.  First, if I want to give money to the couple in lieu of a gift, I will put cash or a check in their wedding card.  Second, they should book a honeymoon they're ready and willing to pay for.  Third, I think it's great they're doing all this fun stuff, but somehow it feels like entitlement to show everyone and then ask them to fund it.  Lastly, I just think it's kind of tacky...I can't think of a better word for it.  Now I feel like Judgy McJudgerson, but I just can't help it.

On the flip side, I love wedding registries and always want lots of choices.  I want to know that what I'm getting the couple is something they want and will use...and don't already have! 
    I love honeymoon registries. Many people have lived together for years now and have all the things to set up house because they already have been living in a house together. I know I dated my husband for over 5 years. So we had a traditional wedding registry for the people who do not like honeymoon registries, but just a few things were on it because we did not need or want or could fit anymore stuff in our small house. Now experiences, those I think are more meaningful and will last a lifetime unlike another dish or vase.  Now there are important rules to follow when doing honeymoon registries like you never put the hotel or planes tickets on there, you should be able to go on it without out it. We just put down experiences like surfing lessons or snorkeling. In the thank you cards I wrote about the the experiences. All of our friends love it, they thought it was cooler buying surf lessons for us then sheets. This sums up my thoughts: 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    edited April 2016
    I'm with @skiingstark, I like honeymoon registries. Everyone I know who has gotten married recently had already been living together for awhile before they were married and didn't really have a need for much around the house stuff that you typically receive as wedding gifts. We were, and we had already purchased a home and had everything we really needed, so the traditional gifts of home stuff weren't really needed. I like the idea of gifting someone with something that they will remember forever, rather than a new toaster. Plus it saves me from going to Macys and hunting down some random household item. I'd much rather give a card and say "have fun doing [activity]!" 

Although I will say - I wanted to do a registry like this for our honeymoon (we had a destination wedding + honeymoon), but my H didn't like the idea of asking people to pay for our trip. And a lot of our family were making the trip for our wedding (on their own dime, and it was pretty expensive), so he didn't feel it was right to ask for more from them. So we ended up requesting no gifts so people didn't feel obligated.  

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never seen anyone I know do a honeymoon registry, but I know some people who would normally give cash or a check like to see what you're using it for. I would think it's mostly for family to give to.
  • Options
    @RatParade Interesting. I'll have to do some research on that. It was recommended to me by a doctor but maybe that doctor didn't quite believe my history (zero partners) and was more focused on making sure I had the folic acid in case of an unplanned pregnancy. I know that you can OD on iron (it's actually a serious cause of poisoning in children) and folic acid is a fat soluble vitamin so you can get too much of that, too, but the amount in PNVs for either one shouldn't be too much for the average person. But, like I said, I'll have to do some checking around and, as always, people should talk to their doctors about supplements and medications.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    I thought I would make it thru the weekend without seeing a pregnancy announced but nope, seems like I can't go 2 days without someone posting their announcement...I just knew I shouldn't have logged in to Facebook
  • Options
    I thought I would make it thru the weekend without seeing a pregnancy announced but nope, seems like I can't go 2 days without someone posting their announcement...I just knew I shouldn't have logged in to Facebook
    I know the feeling, saw one on a parenting page I'm apart of last night, although I knew that she had been struggling with PCOS and had, had a loss along the way, it still hurt to see that damned pee stick.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    Thanks so much @kiki75 I appreciate your response. I'll definitely do that if they mention it!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    My FFFC is that I just cried in the bathroom at work because a customer asked me if it was safe to assume I was expecting....

::stuck in quote box:: Smh th
    at's terrible..I'm sorry that happened to you ..I don't get people who feel the need to say things like this. It's happened to me 4 times since December...most recently last week when someone in IT dept at work said "when are you due..it's any day now right?..."  It was in front of other people too - I was mixed btw upset and furious - I said "nope. Not pregnant thanks though" and walked away and said thanks for the reminder under my breath. I called FI and cried when I got back to my office. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    Marley629 said:
    My FFFC is that I just cried in the bathroom at work because a customer asked me if it was safe to assume I was expecting....

::stuck in quote box:: Smh that's terrible..I'm sorry that happened to you ..I don't get people who feel the need to say things like this. It's happened to me 4 times since December...most recently last week when someone in IT dept at work said "when are you due..it's any day now right?..."  It was in front of other people too - I was mixed btw upset and furious - I said "nope. Not pregnant thanks though" and walked away and said thanks for the reminder under my breath. I called FI and cried when I got back to my office. 
    These stories are so horrible! I can't believe people actually say these things IRL! I thought this only happened in movies :( That sucks....if only we could come up with a comeback that would make them realize how idiotic they are...but people who say that in the first place are probably missing a shame-gland anyways :(

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019