September 2015 Moms
Options

Skipping crawling

My lo holds my hands and pulls himself up to stand then walks forward. I just give him balance I don't tug or anything anyone else? 

Re: Skipping crawling

• Options
    Our LO loves this! He'll even run if we walk quickly with him. He's prefer to stand all day if he could. Ironically he hates his jolly jumper because he can't "walk" in it and is confined to one space. 
  • Options
    momofsweetpsmomofsweetps member
    edited April 2016
    It's possible! My #3 kiddo crawled at 5 months but he took his first steps at 7 months and was running at 8 months old. I look at my little dude and just can't imagine him doing that and I'm still in awe that his big brother was already standing and walking by now and SO thankful little dude isn't.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and my little dude is pulling himself up and kind of skooting around but not full crawling. He just drags his body. He hasn't figured out the knee and arm thing yet. 
  • Options
    My kid pushes herself around backwards :wink: She likes standing while holding my hands, but definitely can't support herself enough to try and walk. I know it does happen sometimes that kiddos will skip crawling!
  • Options
    DD skipped crawling. She didnt start walking walking until her 1st birthday but she would walk around holding onto things like the couch and what ever helped her push herself up & stand @ 9 or 10 months. Maybe your LO will skip it! Just watch out! Its a whole different ball game when they can walk:wink: 
  • Options
    Same here! My son is 7.5 months and just started pulling himself up in his crib. He also does it on the coffee table and can get around while holding onto it. But he has zero interest in crawling. Like still cries during tummy time. 
  • Options
    Of my first three only 1 crawled traditionally!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Of my first three only 1 crawled traditionally! My LO is crawling but he much prefers to "walk" by holding my hands. I think he loves the new vantage point. He will cruise between the Ottoman and the couch but doesn't have the balance to let go.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bnwillia3bnwillia3 member
    edited April 2016
    He crawled at 5.5 months AND is now taking one or two steps completely independently (after standing up on his own) at barely 7 months - not holding hands or onto furniture. I don't know if I should be proud...or terrified.  :#
  • Options
    ItsmeR30ItsmeR30 member
    edited April 2016
    Eck! @bbwilliams1 I thought my daughter walked early and that was at 10mos! 

Id love to see pictures of these little people standing/walking on their own! 
  • Options
    My pedi said don't be surprised if he doesn't crawl and goes straight to walking. I think he'll walk first cause he loves to stand and move his feet
  • Options
    He can only stand independent for 5 seconds lol he knows to sit if he's loosing it. We just bought shoes yesterday size 4! I've got to get a video it's too cute. 
  • Options
    My LO will be 7 months tomorrow and I've wondered this as well as he shows no interest in crawling. He wiggles and around on his belly and tries to push but he then gets mad when he can't reach his toy and gives up! He definitely prefers standing. He's not pulling up on his own yet but he's trying to figure it out and he does stand up and walks well when holding my fingers. 
  • Options
    Tia36Tia36 member
    My little one stands and walks when I'm holding onto his hands.He wiggles and shuffles on his tummy. Also he could sit up on his own.