August 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Standing = No Sleep?

So my LO used to sleep through the night from 7:30pm - 6:30am. Now that he can stand in the crib, once he wakes up in the middle of the night, he stands up and cries towards my room so that I'll get him. He refuses to go back to bed, and once he's standing he fully wakes himself up.  Has this happened with anyone else? At first I thought it was the time zone difference, maybe it's both...

Re: Baby Standing = No Sleep?

• Options
    I just can't believe he's already standing! We are just barely starting to crawl haha! I've got a big boy though (20lbs 29inches) so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm sure we'll be in the same boat soon though. Good luck :) 
  • Options
    LO is standing up now and coincidentally sleeping like shit (wait she's been doing that since she first tried crawling), but she hasn't gotten up like that in her crib. 

Ive read that there's a huge sleep regression around 8 months old. Babies go through a ton of mental development then and gain new physical abilities. That could be it. Definitely sucks that it seems you can't easily get LO back to sleep because he's standing :-/

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awe man, bums me out to read this! LO just started sleeping through the night not even a month ago, I hope he doesn't regress. I don't have experience or advice on this (yet) so keep us updated if anything works for you!
  • Options
    onaedonaed member
    Will keep you ladies posted! (Btw- meant to say time change before not time zone) 

He he has a cold now so he's getting up/standing up even more . I'm attributing this to the congestion at the moment and hoping not see regression. 

Just when you think you have them figured out...lolol
  • Options
    Well the 8 month sleep regression explains what my LO is going through. She will be 8 months next week and is trying to crawl and all of a sudden not sleeping in her crib and waking up all night :/
  • Options
    I've heard that when they first learn to stand they don't know how to get back down again so maybe he is getting stuck and crying for help?
  • Options
    onaedonaed member
    @missliz53, I just read about that! My nanny and I are now working on teaching him how to sit down from standing position!
  • Options
    It's been my experience that sleep is disrupted when they learn new skills, especially something like rolling or standing. My first one especially - every single milestone from rolling over to walking made him have a sleep hiccup.
  • Options
    Ah!! Yes!!! So glad I randomly came back on here after months... We are going through the same. I felt crazy. Nice to know this isn't just our experience. Can't wait until he is over it... Our big issue is trying to get him to fall asleep. He is too entertained by his new skill. Makes me dread bed time.. 
  • Options
    My LO was just starting to sleep thru the night. Oh how happy was I. And ever since she started standing up, she wakes up 4, 5 times at night, and standing in her crib, not going back to sleep. It's been 17 days already. 
    How's your baby now? How long did the sleep regression last?
  • Options
    onaedonaed member
    Unfortunately his sleep still isn't back to what it used to be (sleeping till 6:30am)  I keep trying to blame it on other things like teething since he is up to 8.  It has gotten better at least, he doesn't get up as much in the middle of the night, but when 5am hits he wakes up and is ready for the day