Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend Randoms

Heyo!! It's the Freakin' Weekend!  

Anything good happening out there?  Whats the drama??

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
Married: September 2014!
TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

Re: Weekend Randoms

• I can start by saying I have today off! WOop!  

I woke up this morning with my back hurting like Im in the process of my disc bulging out.  It feels like last time right before it happened.  I'm pretty pissed about it right now.  

I'm thinking about changing my avatar.. is this a good or bad idea?  I'm not sure I'm that active to even worry about people not recognizing me.. so I might just do it. 

• @cabu14  I'm sorry your back hurts.  Hopefully it gets better soon.  

I'm seeing my last client of the day now and then I'm going home.  Nothing exciting planned for tonight but tomorrow we have breakfast at the MIL's house and then dinner at DH's grandparents house.  

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• Loading the player...
  • I'm still at work for the next 3 hours and 45 minutes, but who's counting, right?

We have an event to go to tomorrow down on the beach, and I'm pretty excited about that, but not too much else planned for the weekend. 

@cabu14 Sorry about your back!

@doctordonna Good luck with your HSG! Let us know how it goes!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have a bunch of chores to do this weekend - grocery shopping, cleaning the house and laundry. But then I'm going to sit on the couch with H and catch up on our DVR.

Also - going to start gathering ideas for decorating our formal living room. Aside from just browsing Pinterest, does anyone have any good home decor inspiration blogs/sites/etc?  

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What kind of décor style do you like @lecool?
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited April 2016
    Tonight, I plan to hide from tornadoes, should they appear.

Last weekend, I watched "Hush" on Netflix. It was the best suspense film I've seen in a long time. I hate when movies pop out to scare you, but this one didn't do that. I still screamed at the TV, and I was on the edge of my seat. I kept squeezing my husband's arm. He tolerates me so well. I definitely recommend this movie. 
  • @thj101 I'd say my style is contemporary, but with some farmhouse-y touches, like a lot of weathered wood and rock accents. I'm kind of thinking I want to do something interesting with color/texture/pattern since it's the formal living room (first room you see when you walk in the front door).

• mtmama2mtmama2 member
    edited April 2016
    cabu14 said:
    I think this question might be beating a dead horse and people have tried to define it over and over but. today.. 

what exactly do we mean by "contributing" member?
    is TWW and WTO enough?  Is a solid week enough? 

I don't really contribute on TWW and WTO.. maybe once or twice a week I will post there, I just don't have enough to say on a daily basis.  I do however like to contribute on other threads.  I don't feel very active really but I know when I don't recognize users.. but maybe I should pipe down because I'm not in WTO or TWW...

If you're talking about what I think you are talking about...I totally agree and was thinking the same thing.  I also don't think that 2 weeks and 10 total posts make you a "contributing" member.  Even though I'm only lurking the WTO and TWW boards at this time, I can still get a general feel for who the truly "active" and "contributing" members are.  But what do I know...

ETA: @DoctorDonna that's great news about your HSG!  I bet it will feel good for you to get a "plan of care" in place!  :)

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @lecool I like Blue Egg Brown Nest.  She does a lot of the style that you like, as well as diy furniture, and crafts... :)
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • @thj101 oooooh I love it! Thank you! :)

• Friday's are DH's night to cook, so I fully intend on catcalling him from the couch while he cooks. And watch Mysteries at the Museum because I'm addicted to that show. Tomorrow I'm grocery shopping/cleaning/cheat mealing and Sunday will be our together day! We always make an effort to have one weekend day together! 
  • @cabu14 @SienaC Agreed. I've been really trying to be active, and I've been creeping daily for about a year. BUT if it does end up being this cycle for me, I'm only about at O, I think I'd quietly slip off. I'm happy for her, no idea who she is. 

@PepperAT I'm thinking your team building is not like mine... Ours are essentially pot lucks at someones house where we may or may not get drunk. It's fun. But we're all pretty good friends too.
  • @cabu14  I've been asking that myself.  What would make someone a contributing member?  

Chart Stalk Me

• I am at my parent's house for the weekend so DH can study and write papers. 
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have to work a trade show all weekend, alone. Being the only person in my job is awesome 99% of the time, but it's times like this it would be nice to have a little help and/or company. Hoping there's some fun people around me to talk to. DH may come sit with me for awhile. 

Definitely going to be taking some time to chill out and relax tonight and tomorrow night, so hopefully this thread stays active!
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Well, just to update after my previous post, tornadoes have come out to play. It looks like the storms are staying south of me, but my storm shelter is ready just in case. 
  • Yay! I forgot we had plans to go shooting tonight. Very excited! 
  • @MollyandD Yikes that is super scary! FX that the tornadoes stay away from you guys! 

@Mylitta that sounds like our team building too lol lots of tequila, dancing, and snarkiness  :D

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Thanks @MamaMunn   B)

@Mylitta & @SienaC Yes it sounds like both of you know exactly what I'm referring to...

• We are buying a new mattress this weekend.  I would like to blame our jacked up bed on all of the TTC, but honestly it was just really cheap and we need a new one.  I'm pretty excited to get a comfy one.  

I also feel old as hell writing a post about how excited I am to devote my weekend to mattress shopping.
  • Stay safe @MollyandD !! 

We are buckling down on our old house so we can get it on the market!!  We are doing a rent to own in the house we're living in and can't actually buy it until we sell the house we currently own.  It's so close, but DH is freaking out because it's not perfect (we had a lot of renovations to finish and had to move out to do them).  Basically, it's been a nightmare, but it's almost over.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but DH thinks it's an oncoming train.  He's being so negative!  Hoping I can survive the weekend without strangling him.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• I have a weekend random question for the home owners out there!

DH and I are starting to think about purchasing a house and we're kind of lost on where to start. How did you all get the ball rolling as a first time home buyer? How much did you make sure you had set aside for a down payment? I'm completely clueless here! 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• MamaMunn said:
    I have a weekend random question for the home owners out there!

DH and I are starting to think about purchasing a house and we're kind of lost on where to start. How did you all get the ball rolling as a first time home buyer? How much did you make sure you had set aside for a down payment? I'm completely clueless here! 
    We went the wrong route for buying our house.  They were going to raise.our rent so we figured let's buy a house.   Some banks will do a first home buyers club and you deposit an x amount of money for x amount of time and then the bank will match it.  

Chart Stalk Me

• @clover28 Thanks! That's really helpful! I had heard you had to put 20% down and that's why we've never considered buying before. It's good to know that you can do it without the full 20%!

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• @MamaMunn I'm in Canada so I don't know if it's different but we only had a 5% down payment and that was considered the minimum, but pretty normal. Some people shop for mortgages themselves but we went through a broker and because we were in a low risk financial category (good credit, etc), we didn't have to pay his commission - the financial institution paid it for the benefit of him bringing them 'good customers'. We got a great rate and he was very honest and fair in working with us to figure out what we could afford. It was a stressful process at the time but so so worth it. We got our house last May 1st and it's modest but we just love being homeowners.

I should say too that obviously a lot of factors go into house affordability (like location) but neither DH or I make great money. I was lucky enough to come into an inheritance that paid most of our down payment and we live pretty paycheck to paycheck with everything else but we have everything we need and it's worth it to have our own home.
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• @mamamunn We put 3.5% down with an FHA loan.  There are better low-down-payment loans available, but we didn't qualify because neither of us had a credit history (we were young).  FHA loans don't care.  As someone mentioned earlier I do pay mortgage insurance though (it's about $80 a month on our $165k house) until we reach 20% equity.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @clover28 DH and I just started saving up for a King size bed set. It's going to be our next "splurge". I'm sooo looking forward to getting it! Makes me feel old too that I'm so excited for that kind of purchase. We also bought a new washer/dryer set for Christmas! Best present ever!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me:27
    Him:31
    Married: Sept'15
    TTC#1: Jan'16
    PCOS Dx: Apr'16
    BFP #1: Jul'16
    DS Born: Mar'17
  • @MamaMunn
    Definitely get pre-approved first so that you really know what price range of homes you should look at and what you would be getting into for a mortgage payment. We looked at some that were outside of our budget and it was a big bummer! It's fun to look at the really nice houses that you know are not a possibility, but when it's "only" a little bit outside your budget you start wondering if you can make it work, which makes it tempting to go outside your budget. I'm so glad we didn't, because it would have made everyday life pretty tight budget-wise. 

We had money saved up for a down payment (I can't remember exact percentage...) but consider that if you put down less than 20 percent, you will have to pay PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) included with your mortgage. I think it depends on the home you buy and how much you put down, but our PMI added almost $200/month to our mortgage payment. We actually just refinanced last month for a lower interest rate and to pay off the PMI. We had no idea about PMI until we got into the process, and were surprised by the addition of that on top of the mortgage. 

• @MamaMunn yes to pp! And once you are pre approved do a bunch of searches to find what you like and don't like. Also we were pre approved for way more than what I felt like we could afford monthly.. So keep that in mind for your budget.  Make sure you have your own max amount before you start looking.