December 2015 Moms
Options

Have you looked into convertible car seats?

I have an infant seat that stays mostly in the car, and in all honesty I don't like =P lol I am now looking into convertible car seats. My first choice is MaxiCosi 85, and second choice is Peg Perego or Graco 4rever. Have you bought or have any experience with either of this chairs?

I appreciate any experiences =)

Re: Have you looked into convertible car seats?

• Options
    We have the Maxi Cosi Pria 70 for DS (18months). He seems very confortable in it and so far we've been very happy. The big thing for us was finding a good fit for our little car. My mom has one (I believe a Graco triumph or something like that I hate) that is so awkward to get DS in and out of in the cramped space. He also doesn't seem to get so hot and sweaty in the Pria 70 which was an issue for him in our Graco (don't remember what one) infant carrier.
  • Options
    We looked into them and decided instead of an all in one we'd get something that was rear facing and then would go foreword facing. 
    Im hesitant to get the 4ever because even though it has a ten year expiration I wonder if it might expire before she's tall enough to go without a booster. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Chicco Nextfit for DD. We'll get the same for DS. He's 26 inches now, and we have to retire the infant seat at 29 inches. DH said to start looking for deals, and get it when I see a really good one. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    Our youngest is still in the infant seat, but our older two are in Diono Raniers. They have the highest weight limit for extended rear-facing. We all (parents & kids) love them. The only other seat we have had is a Graco that didn't have as high of a rear-facing limit and did not breathe as well - our oldest would complain of getting too hot in her seat.
    Extended rear-facing is important to us since it is the safest way for kids to travel. Our 4-year-old is still rear-facing in her Diono. 
  • Options
    We have the Graco 4ever for DD. She's been in it since she was 14 months old and have zero complaints. I love that it's literally a forever car seat. She's on the petite side and pedi thinks she'll trend that way growing up so I doubt she'll outgrow the backless booster mode in 7 yrs. 

We'll be getting the 4ever for LO as well. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't bought one yet, but the Diono brand was highly recommended from a friend who did lots of research. I'll probably start my research there.