Trying to Get Pregnant

FF/ovasoft & changing CH

zdmd_14zdmd_14 member
edited April 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
ETA: not looking for a chart stalk here.  Wanting anecdotal information from people who have used both programs....

This is only my second month charting (and the first month was a freakishly long cycle--39, I'm never past 29). I used FF last month and both FF and ovasoft this month. 

Do you all have thoughts about which software seems more accurate for you?   AND do you generally agree with FF as it changes your cross hairs? FF originally said CD 13, then 14, now 16--I'm not sure  I agree with the latest interpretation, since I had a mix of creamy and EW on 14 & 15. 

Including my chart here if anyone wants to give input, but I'm mainly wondering over the long term, which do you find more reliable? 

DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)

Re: FF/ovasoft & changing CH

• zdmd_14zdmd_14 member
    edited April 2016
    I've lurked for quite a while, read rhe newbie stuff and am not unfamiliar with the culture.  I've been on the knot/bump/nest with various frequencies since 2007. Remarried and made a new username when we started TTC though...

I feel like you're missing the part where I said--"but I'm mainly wondering over the long term, which do you find more reliable?"

if people want to give chart stalking info, that's great. If not, I care more about the answer to my general question. And I realize the newbie posts have info about preferred charting apps etc, but I'm wanting some more annecdotal info (hence the post) not a generalization. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I disagree that it was a chart stalk, but looks like I'm off to the TWW anyway. 
     :# 
  • Good luck with that...

• britters314britters314 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm pretty sure in the Newbie Guide it gives the answer to which program most of us use.

Edited to remove erroneous comma
  • Zoey1019Zoey1019 member
    edited April 2016
     this....

I was going to say something.....but @furbabymom2007 is on a roll today! 
    *eta spelling
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• I've also tried both and like FF better.  and I also don't see what the big deal is if someone posts something like this? does every question need to be in a TWW or WTO post? I get that it keeps the board "clean" but jeez

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• izza2izza2 member
    Zoey1019 said:
    izza2 said:
    So, going to be a WK here because IDGAF right this second: but is it really the end of the world if someone posts and asks which tracker we like better? Yeah, it looks like she's also looking for a CS; but you can easily ignore that one sentence and look at the other two parts where she's asking for thoughts and advice on which one we have better experiences with.

for me today it is :smile: 

explosion earth the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
    @Zoey1019 - Why? Like, legitimately, I'm curious to know why?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• PepperAT said:
    Okie dokie!

We decided that this is a thing now right?
    Where on earth did you find that!!! Brilliant!!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @izza2 I have only been here 5 months, but I think it is pretty clear what is most recommended. I think I have only seen one or two others use kindara since I have been here (granted only for 5 months). I guess we don't have to be TB police, but nothing I said in my above response to her was rude, it was just truthful. I think there was a smiley face attached as well...... :smile: 

TTC #1 - December 2015
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @PepperAT - OMG the perfect mug! Too funny
  • FWIW, I was asking about Ovasoft vs FF.  Kindara is just the easiest to snag a picture of the chart. 
  • I have only ever used FF so I'm bias 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• whoops you're right. I've never used Ovasoft so I'm no help sorry!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Ok, I am not the bump police, so won't continue this any further!  Thanks for the feedback!
    TTC #1 - December 2015

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited April 2016
    zdmd_14 said:
    FWIW, I was asking about Ovasoft vs FF.  Kindara is just the easiest to snag a picture of the chart. 
    Ovasoft is Ovia?

ETA: If Ovasoft is Ovia then I'd say I definitely prefer FF. I charted with Ovia and FF for about.... 6 months? Give or take a month or so. Ovia doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with temp data. It mostly just ignores them. Sometimes Ovia will give me a message that makes me think it may consider temps somewhat like "if your temps stay elevated in the luteal phase it could be a sign you've conceived. So watch for that!" Although usually when I get that message I cannot figure out what about my temps would have prompted that message. And Ovia has never shifted my O date based on temps. Ovia only seems to move O dates based on OPKs/Fertility monitor results.  It will shift a FW forward from the original projected FW based off CM sometimes, but otherwise the FW only moves because of an OPK. Ovia nearly never gets my O date correct and when it does it feels more like an accident than an intelligent use of the information I input.

FF, on the other hand, seems to consider pretty much all the information I give it. And what it does with the information makes sense. I trust FF to consider all my fertility signs and come up with the most likely O date for me. I won't say that there have never been times where I question what FF is doing. But most of the time I'm confident with what FF sets as my O date.

What I do like about other programs, such as Ovia, is they make it really easy to track nutrition, exercise and weight. FF doesn't seem to have a way to input weight on the mobile app, or if it does I haven't found it yet. It certainly isn't as easy as just entering it into Ovia. So for the ladies who aren't temping and are mostly just looking for a calendar app with a couple of bells and whistles Ovia may be a good solution. It doesn't matter if Ovia doesn't use temps appropriately if you aren't temping. And then you can easily track nutrition, vitamins, weight and exercise. However, I can see that you are temping so I'd definitely recommend FF.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @furbabymom2007 and @Zoey1019  FWIW, OP posted this chart in the Friday TWW after she had been told it wasn't appropriate to make her own thread.
    Also, I  completely agree with @izza2 on this. I've been hardcore lurking this board since October, and this feels like such a frivolous thing to waste that beat-down/redirect-straight-to-noobie-thread energy everyone has stored up. Sure, CS goes in the TWW, but program preferences is a legitimate question for the reasons @izza2  pointed out. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • babymish said:
    PepperAT said:
    Okie dokie!

Where on earth did you find that!!! Brilliant!!

Right!? I want to get one so bad. It's my new favorite thing to say.

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• zdmd_14zdmd_14 member
    edited April 2016
    zdmd_14 said:
    FWIW, I was asking about Ovasoft vs FF.  Kindara is just the easiest to snag a picture of the chart. 
    Ovasoft is Ovia?

ETA: If Ovasoft is Ovia then I'd say I definitely prefer FF. I charted with Ovia and FF for about.... 6 months? Give or take a month or so. Ovia doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with temp data. It mostly just ignores them. Sometimes Ovia will give me a message that makes me think it may consider temps somewhat like "if your temps stay elevated in the luteal phase it could be a sign you've conceived. So watch for that!" Although usually when I get that message I cannot figure out what about my temps would have prompted that message. And Ovia has never shifted my O date based on temps. Ovia only seems to move O dates based on OPKs/Fertility monitor results.  It will shift a FW forward from the original projected FW based off CM sometimes, but otherwise the FW only moves because of an OPK. Ovia nearly never gets my O date correct and when it does it feels more like an accident than an intelligent use of the information I input.

FF, on the other hand, seems to consider pretty much all the information I give it. And what it does with the information makes sense. I trust FF to consider all my fertility signs and come up with the most likely O date for me. I won't say that there have never been times where I question what FF is doing. But most of the time I'm confident with what FF sets as my O date.

What I do like about other programs, such as Ovia, is they make it really easy to track nutrition, exercise and weight. FF doesn't seem to have a way to input weight on the mobile app, or if it does I haven't found it yet. It certainly isn't as easy as just entering it into Ovia. So for the ladies who aren't temping and are mostly just looking for a calendar app with a couple of bells and whistles Ovia may be a good solution. It doesn't matter if Ovia doesn't use temps appropriately if you aren't temping. And then you can easily track nutrition, vitamins, weight and exercise. However, I can see that you are temping so I'd definitely recommend FF.
    Looks like Ovia is different. Ovasoft (or ova graph? Seems to go by two different names 
    ...poor marketing

ovasoft is by the TCOYF people from what I can tell. 
  • micshi said:
    @furbabymom2007 and @Zoey1019  FWIW, OP posted this chart in the Friday TWW after she had been told it wasn't appropriate to make her own thread.
    Also, I  completely agree with @izza2 on this. I've been hardcore lurking this board since October, and this feels like such a frivolous thing to waste that beat-down/redirect-straight-to-noobie-thread energy everyone has stored up. Sure, CS goes in the TWW, but program preferences is a legitimate question for the reasons @izza2  pointed out. 
    @Zoey1019
    ^^ this 

and i basically turned it into a shameless CS there after getting fussed at and then the bump ate my attempt at c&p this into the 2WW format.   :shrug:
  • @zdmd_14 Gotcha. Yeah Ovia used to have some web based way to enter data in addition to the app and I could have sworn it was something like ovusoft. I just googled and as it turns out it was ovuline not ovusoft. oops.

I've never used ovusoft so I can't really comment on that one. But I stand by my opinion that FF is amazing and I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who is charting.

As to the CS: I'm not sure I'd agree with O on CD13. I'm not sure I'd agree with O on CD16. It's just really hard to tell because I can't tell from that screenshot if you're entering CM/OPK/cervical position and texture etc. Really to pick a day there I'd kinda need to know all that and I'm either bad at reading the chart you posted or you didn't include that information. If I had to just take a guess based on temps alone so I'd that I tend to favor CD14 or 15 for O. But I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of 13 or 16.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• When the "Nest Baby" turned into "The Bump", it was common to have individual questions about topics (questions about charting, supplements, doctors appointments, intros).  I never saw the daily posts for WTO, TWW threads and stickies until I came back.  It wasn't looked upon as AW because it was the culture of the board at the time.  It didn't become AWing until you posted a thread every 5 minutes all day.  Drive bys and posting HPT's was always frowned upon and that was what got the flaming.  But like I have said, board cultures change over time.  So I've just been going with the flow and respecting the culture that the board has now.

Chart Stalk Me

• PepperAT said:
    Okie dokie!

/DED
  • antoto said:
    I love keeping shit organized and I love that we have WTO, TWW, TTAaBenched, etc but questions like "let's discuss and compare various charting tracker apps" has every right to have it's own thread.  It's a complete discussion by itself.  
    That's one thing I really do like..knowing where people are at in their cycles.  It wasn't like that before.  I'm all for keeping things organized.  

Chart Stalk Me