FFFC*

Let's here it ladies!

*Disclaimer: Not always guaranteed to be Flame-Free

10/2/10  <3
Me:29 H: 31
TTC#1: Aug 2015
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

Re: FFFC*

• I want to quit my job early now that I have a new job but I don't want to leave (most of) my students and I'm also mainly staying because this is the part of the year where we do all the fun stuff with the 8th grade class and I would feel cheated if I missed out on the fun. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • The best one I've got: I hate bacon. I'm told this makes me unAmerican. Which is a dumb statement - so I looked it up. Bacon started in Rome. (I am nearly half Italian but I'm not going to say it counts) 

No one cares that it started in Rome or that I feel bacon has no connection with Americanism. I still had to look it up. 
  • @clover28. Ugh me too.

I'm in a waiting room and so are two moms each with a little baby.  My back started hurting bad again today which could mean i would be benched for a few months. Not happy right now.

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• I've been out of cat litter for almost a week and can't make myself go buy more. I don't have a car so I'd have to go out in the cold and walk or take a bus. I feel so bad because the litter that is left in the box is a pretty thin layer now... I guess I'll have to go out today to get some.
  • @mylitta people always give me shit because H and I HATE bacon. I think it is nasty and taste horrible. Glad I know another bacon hater now :)
  • edited April 2016
    I'm a bit worried that this one won't go over in this group but I have to get it off my chest.

I work with a couple - one in my unit and one in a unit close by. They are TTC and having trouble. They have recently moved on to IVF. Literally EVERY time you talk with them it is constant discussion of sperm counts and follicles and ovulation and hormones and injections... you get the idea. I truly feel for them. However my FFFC is that they started a GoFundMe account to finance their IVF, and I secretly hope that no one donates. GFMs are one of my LEAST FAVORITE THINGS EVER. I'm sorry that it's expensive and that they're having TTTC. HOWEVER, we all choose to spend our money on things. Not to mention, it's well known  that their families are both very well-off (not that they have an obligation to give them anything) but can we all please stop begging each other for money? 

ETA: I should have been more clear. They're in the middle of the IVF process. So whether or not someone donates has no bearing on whether they conceive, just whether or not they pay for it themselves. 
  • @SarahRN87 Yea, go fund me can be a slippery slope! I had a friend do one for nursing school!? Really!? I think I was just raised to be private about money situations, but it seems so ballsy to outright ask for so much!
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @sarahrn87 i feel very similar about go fund me accounts.  I have a hard time asking anyone for money so I think that is hard.  I do not take it when it is even offered so how could I expect strangers to give it to me.  I will add however that I have donated to two go fund me accounts one for a funeral for someone I graduated hs with.. And another for a dog for transporting in a move for someone I know. I love dogs. Gets me every time.

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @crazypt2285 Yes! My H loves it though. One of his favorite things is a bacon swiss mushroom burger. They've just destroyed a good burger. It just tastes bad. I've tried really hard to like bacon, but it's gross. Sorry not sorry. 

• I don't like steak.  Never have, never will.
    People say, oh you just haven't had a good one.
    Well, I've tried them from everywhere including top of the line places (Ruth's Chris) and still... I got nothing.
    I also hate baked potatoes.  So when people say this is their favorite meal, I want to barf.
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • @beary67 I just want to say that you have my vote for best May Siggy.
    Together since 2007
    Trying for #2!!
  • @aurora1974 I agree with everything you said. Especially about don't plan something you cannot afford, that's called financial intelligence. (Not counting education/surgeries/life etc as this. I'm talking about vacations/honeymoons/cars/etc)
  • After reading @beary67's comment, I have to amend my own...I personally don't wish for anyone not to receive help, and certainly don't wish anyone anything but their own BFP.  You make a good point.  What I think is hard for me is that the couple is asking for money for themselves, especially when there are financing options for IVF.  As a last resort, I could see a friend or family member asking on their behalf, to get loved ones together to help as a gift. 

I'm 42, so it's possible I could need IVF myself.  I guess I can't imagine asking anyone else to fund that.  We both have good careers, but it would be hard financially as IVF is very pricey.  It will factor into our decision of whether to invest in that, or go another route.  I think very few people can say that they can easily afford it.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• beary67 said:
    @ShadeofGreen816 I get that you don't like GoFundMe (I'm not a fan either), but to say you hope no one donates is pretty cruel. IVF sounds like their only chance to conceive and to wish someone can't conceive is shitty.    
    I totally get that. Maybe it came out harsher than I intended. It just is very money-grabby to ask for $20,000. I 100% hope that they conceive. They've already started, so they've obviously found some way to finance it. I think its harder for me because they both went to the same (expensive) college I went to and talk a lot about how blessed they are not to have student loans. I do. Because I made a choice to do something expensive. And now I'm paying for it. So it just feels forced to me.
  • Agreed @beary67. I wouldn't personally do a GFM for anything. I have donated to a GFM page and I agree that I would/do only donate for funerals, illness etc, setup by family/friends. I'm not sure if I would donate to an IVF cause, I suppose it depended on my closeness to the couple. However I understand why, and I certainly would not hope no one donated to that specific fund. That is very cruel. Everyone who is on this TTC journey deserves to get their BFP. Regardless of what someone might think they do or do not deserve. And how they get to that means (legally of course lol).  
  • PS. I apologize for my double screen name. I changed it literally a week and a half ago and apparently its decided to switch TODAY. :) 
    SarahRN87 = shadeofgreen816
  • izza2izza2 member
    @ShadeofGreen816 - I'm with you 100% on GFM accounts. Every time DH and I have something happen where we'll be tight on money for a bit or we need to dip in to our savings accounts, my mum automatically jumps to "can I start you guys a GFM account?!" and it's just like.. no. Calm down. It's not the end of the world when we have to pay for our own emergencies. It's how life works.
    However, I also agree with @beary67 on saying that you hope no one donates. Do I really think that we should be throwing our personal lives out there and asking strangers for money for everything? No. Would I make a GFM account for IVF, personally? No. But, I wouldn't say that I hope no one donates to someone who did. I'll gladly say that for people who ask for money for a honeymoon or a road trip or something, but, not IVF.

My FFFC is that I roll my eyes at quite a few of the threads where everyone is jumping all over someone and using every little thing as an excuse to be snarky. I love snark. I snark things myself. Drive-bye's and just ridiculous people? Sure. Go for it. I'll love-tit the hell out of the responses. But freaking out because someone included one line that they shouldn't have and ignoring every other thing on the post? Come on. I agree that support must be given to be received and we have places for certain things, but I roll my eyes a lot when it seems like anything other than daily threads is snarked and shut down anymore.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @mrsdaddario and @beary67
    I see exactly what you're saying. Maybe I am a terrible person. But maybe I should have been more clear. They're in the middle of the IVF process. So whether or not someone donates has no bearing on whether they conceive, just whether or not they pay for it themselves. 
  • this is more of a holy shit i'm freaking out a bit moment but I have no one else I can tell!!  today is my day off and I ran out to the store. before i went i took my PNV out of my purse and sat them on the hallway bench. i don't know why. anyway. while I was gone my inlaws came by and let themselves in because they were dropping stuff off.  I knew they were coming and I forgot and now i'm freaking out that they maybe saw the vitamins. I really don't want them thinking I'm KU. especially since we don't even know if DH can anymore. blah. i feel so stupid.

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• one of my really good friends sometimes creeps me out. she giggles uncontrollably and has no filter and says things that are really inappropriate at times. But she's super sensitive and I feel like I can't tell her when she's out of line. she's also ridiculously loud. sometimes I tell her I have other plans to avoid going out cause I just feel like I can't handle it 

• My FFFC is that I absolutely hate working with a friend of mine.  She is the most amazing person and I probably would never have met her if she didn't get hired here but she is 100% wrong for the position she is in.  Her job requires a lot of attention to detail and the ability to work very quickly and accurately and that is just not the type of person that she is.  I spend so much time fixing her mistakes and scratching my head and saying "WTF were you thinking" that it takes all the fun out of working with her.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @housewifehobbyist YOU GO GIRL!

TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• My FFFC is that I just cried in the bathroom at work because a customer asked me if it was safe to assume I was expecting....
  • @mrsdaddario ugh I'm sorry!! What the hell is wrong with people? I can't people some people can be so dense. creepy internet hugs 

• @mrsdaddario wth?! Nothing makes me madder than that. I really hope that you were able to punch them in the throat.
    Together since 2007
    Trying for #2!!
  • I hate when people say "let's take this offline" as in let's talk about this after the meeting.  It grosses me out.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsdaddario Your customer is an idiot! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I second @housewifehobbyist about don't ask unless you see a head crowning. People are so insensitive. 
    Due Jan/Feb 2017 | It's TWINS!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • @mrsdaddario What!? Who does that? People are so rude. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker