September 2016 Moms
Options

NBR - Me Before You

Alright, I saw the trailer and figured I needed to read the book. I read it in 4 hours. I am now emotionally destroyed, and dangerously dehydrated from crying so much. My husband thinks I'm nuts. Dear Lord, please someone tell me I'm not the only one who bawled like a baby reading this book!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR - Me Before You

• Options
    Ooh, I've had this book sitting in my reading queue on Goodreads for over a year now. Your post has sparked my interest again! Would you suggest it even though it's a tear jerker?! 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    I actually didn't cry while reading this book though it is quite emotional. I think it depends on where your mindset is on life decisions. I also flew right through it and thought it was a pretty good read
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ahackett1990 Absolutely, it was a great read, couldn't put it down. Just have a box of tissues ready.
    @AnnaS930 I found it incredibly emotional, but it reminded me a lot of a private home care client I worked with years ago who had very advanced muscular dystrophy. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 I'm with you.  I went ballistic.  Full on uncontrollable ugly cry so bad and so loud that I woke up DH and our dog from a sound sleep upstairs and in the back room.    DH thought something was seriously wrong and when I told him it was because of a book, he looked at me like I had lost my mind.   I'm pretty sure it was the deepest cry I've had in a while and definitely the most emotional one while with DH - no wonder he thought I had lost it.   

@ahackett1990 Definitely suggest it!  Read it before June too, so then you can see the movie! :)