Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Scared for mc after mc

I am 8.3 weeks pregnant at the moment and it feels like my symptoms are dissapearing. Is this normal?i had a mc last Sept at 13w and from 6w i actually felt pregnant all the way to 13! I read alot of sad stories about mums going for US and no heartbeats or babybstops growing. My first app is in 5days. Am i freaking out for nothing yet? Im so scared to have US done as i dont know what to expect. How pregnant should you feel at this point? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss last Sept.  Everyone will feel different levels of pregnant, and symptoms going away or being less doesn't mean anything.  I was told when I was pregnant that 8 weeks is when you should hit the worst of it, and expect it to get better (or at least stay the same) after that. 

Perhaps your question would be better asked on the Pregnant after a Loss board rather than here.  I think there are many ladies in a similar position on that board, whereas most of the discussion here is about coping post-loss.  I hope things go well for you with this pregnancy.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm sorry for your previous loss. I totally understand your anxiety around being pregnant again. However, this post would be much better on the Pregnant After Loss board. First, because those women are in the same boat as you now and can give better advice. Second, because as worried as you are, you are currently pregnant with no diagnosis of a threatened MC. Many women on this board are actively going through MCs right now, and your post could be a trigger for them. Good luck... I hope you US goes well.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  I am currently 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant and had a miscarriage in January.  I am very scared it's going to happen again.  I had my miscarriage at 9 1/2 weeks and my first appointment isn't for another 3 weeks!!! I am so nervous and scared. 
    It's good that we have each other to talk to you though, Maybe it will help us to stay positive!

• Options
    Hello knottie. Thank you for response. How is your pregnancy going? It sure is scary i know. But it does help talking to someone who had been through it. Having a supporting circle helps.
  • Options
    My situation is a little different tw*******

When I was pregnant with my son I had symptoms up to 6 weeks then nothing and my pregnancy was fine my second pregnancy ended in mc about three months ago now at 8 weeks I had every symptom there was until i started bleeding. Every pregnancy is different loss of symptoms can happen due to a mc but by no means is it abnormal for a normal pregnancy and or is it to still have symptoms during a mc. I would try and relax I hope the best for you and so sorry for your previous loss!! Good luck!