May 2016 Moms

*** Thursday TWINS Check-In 4/28 *** (pregnant mommas and post delivery!)

How many weeks along are you (or how old are your babies):

What are your twin names?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

What has been the scariest moment after/during/before delivery? 

Questions for the group?

How big are your twins right now (what size of clothes/diapers are they wearing or do you think they will wear at birth)? 

Re: *** Thursday TWINS Check-In 4/28 *** (pregnant mommas and post delivery!)

• Loading the player...
  • You look so beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How many weeks along are you (or how old are your babies): 36 tomorrow

What are your twin names? Sam Oliver and Alice Tricia

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: they're out of room so every movement hurts, I still don't sleep at night (I've been up since 2am today), and I've started having random bouts of my heart just pounding for no reason. I'm getting very excited about never going through this again (after this we'll have 3 kids and I'm done!)

What has been the scariest moment after/during/before delivery? Still pregnant so I'll answer for last time. I'd say suddenly hearing "snip" and realizing I'd just had an episiotomy with no choice or warning.  

Questions for the group? Can't think of any, but holy baby brain.....

How big are your twins right now (what size of clothes/diapers are they wearing or do you think they will wear at birth)? Two weeks ago they were estimated at 5 and 6 #. My son was 8#11oz at birth (40+5). I'm hoping the twins at least wear newborn clothes for a little while.

• @MrsKubley - yikes, an episiotomy w/o warning!  Sounds awful!   My 2nd was almost born in the car.  I was standing in triage w/a puddle and my barefoot 3 year old (hanging out like it was no biggie - grandma was on her way - DH was w/us).  I was 10 cm upon arrival.  My 1st was a 25 hour induction, so they couldn't have been more different! 

@hellogoodbye2 - thank you!  :) 

• How many weeks along are you (or how old are your babies): 2 weeks today! 

What are your twin names? Alexandra Joy and Elise Royal 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: will I ever sleep again? Waking up every 3 hours to pump really sucks. No pun intended. 

What has been the scariest moment after/during/before delivery? before, when my water broke (that was Alex). During, when there was meconium in my discharge. We knew then they were not going to stay put for long (that was also Alex). After, when Alex was positive for group B strep and had to get tested for meningitis. She is mommy's little troublemaker. 

Now I am just scared they will never be able to feed on their own. 

Questions for the group? How are you planning on feeding? If breastfeeding, ate you going to tandem feed?

How big are your twins right now (what size of clothes/diapers are they wearing or do you think they will wear at birth)? they are between preemie and newborn. But those damn onesies fluctuate so much in size. 

• How many weeks along are you (or how old are your babies): babies are 5 weeks old 

What are your twin names? Ava and Harper 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Rant: my girls are not night time sleepers unless we are holding them  which gets rough after a while

Raves: being a mommy is the best! 

What has been the scariest moment after/during/before delivery?  

Being told that baby B wasn't growing and we had to immediately be induced at 34 weeks.  Baby B coming out breech, breaking her arm, and not crying immediately following delivery. Watching my girls in the NICU, not knowing when they would come home  

Questions for the group? None at the moment 

How big are your twins right now (what size of clothes/diapers are they wearing or do you think they will wear at birth)? They are both in newborn clothes, but Harper has a little room to grow where as Ava fits them well. 

I am breastfeeding, but haven't tried tandem. We do a combo of pump and bottle feed and breast. My girls seem to switch between both no problem. Even being in the NICU for the month, they have done great with it. My best advice at this point is to not stress about it. They will eat. And they will even likely breastfeed, especially if you can work on it consistently while they are still in NICU. We had a special LC there who had me do at least 1 feed a day breastfeeding, even if they were sleepy or not really getting much just to keep them interested in it  @khochanadel

• @MrsKubley - yikes, an episiotomy w/o warning!  Sounds awful!   My 2nd was almost born in the car.  I was standing in triage w/a puddle and my barefoot 3 year old (hanging out like it was no biggie - grandma was on her way - DH was w/us).  I was 10 cm upon arrival.  My 1st was a 25 hour induction, so they couldn't have been more different!  

Qbf 

yeah it was unnerving, plus I asked later how many stitches she was giving me  "enough" was the answer, wtf does that mean?!?

My first was an induction, got drugs at 9am, nothing happened until 4, he was born just before 9pm. 
    I can't imagine a 25 hour induction! Or being 10cm when admitted! 
  • @sunshinebins - good to hear an update!  5 weeks old now - wow!  Glad breastfeeding is going pretty well!  Sounds like the LC's were really helpful. 

@khochanadel - wow, I can't believe there was meconium in her bag of water that early on.  I always thought that happened more with older babies.  I am planning to breastfeed and tandem feed.  I plan to bring my nursing pillow to the hospital.  I may not tandem feed for a few days or weeks though - just depends on if both babies are getting the hang of it.  I've heard to get the best latcher on first and then try to get the fussier one latched.  It sounds like a circus act involving boobs!  My 8 year old son is probably going to see way more than he's used to!!