September 2015 Moms

Eggs

I have been making baby food and I've seen several with eggs in them. But then I came across an eggless French toast recipe for babies along with a couple other recipes for Eggless snacks. They can have eggs right? I've never been told they can't. In fact my doc said to start before the flu shot to see if she had a reaction. 

Re: Eggs

• I give my lo eggs. That's what he had for lunch today. 

I read that if nobody in your family has any food allergies, then it's fine. But to start small. 
  • Neither of my older two had food allergies and both had eggs by now.  I tried eggs for DD two weeks ago and she broke out in a rash all over her face.  I'm going to wait until 1 and try again.  I don't think it was dangerous or she was uncomfortable, I think it was just a skin reaction.  You don't know til you try!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Some people are worried about egg allergies but I gave my LO eggs around 6.5 months. I thought it seemed like she had red marks around her mouth lasting for a few hours after every time she ate them so I haven't given them to her for a while just to be safe. But I'll try again probably in a week or two
  • I want to try eggs but i havent gotten around to it. When DD was a baby i gave her egg with out a problem. My brother has been allergic to eggs since he was a baby & his throat would swell up/close & his body would break out in hives.  Ive read you can give them the yolk, & the yolk is what makes my brother sick. So idk. All babys are different & if you feel comfortable try it..
  • I gave my daughter egg yolk as one of her first foods and she did great with it. 

Just yesterday though she had a yolk with a veggie for her breakfast and then started vomitting a lot a couple hours later. Scared me and now I'm afraid she developed an allergy. Holding off on giving her any egg again until closer to a year. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• I gave my daughter eggs and she developed an "allergy diaper rash." She had a nasty red circle on her bum. It took quite awhile for it to go away too. I am going to try just an egg yolk soon and see what happens. 
  • My MD said egg yolk at 7 m was fine egg whites after 1 yr old. Said the allergies that can develop are from the whites being introduced too early. I'm taking his word for it but who knows who's right lol. I smush a yolk in lo food every now and then.
  • Health Canada guidelines (that my Dr follows) say whole eggs are fine after 6 months. We started omelettes (BLW) just after 6 months, no issues. We have no history of food allergies in either family. We also have our own chickens, so I know exactly what I feed them, and know its a healthy (and cheap) protein option for LO :smile: 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started with scrambled eggs, so t was the white and the yolk. No reactions here but as previously stated, you won't know until you try. Our pedi said we can give LO any type of food except honey. We haven't been too adventurous but I'm not afraid to let her try things off my plate.