Trying to Get Pregnant

Spotting and late, but BFN

Ladies, is anyone as lost as I feel right now? I have been spotting for 6 days and my period is 2 days late, but I'm still getting negatives. I know some women don't test positive until a couple of weeks after a missed period, but with my first baby it turned positive within seconds and I was two days late when I took it. Any thoughts?

Re: Spotting and late, but BFN

• Ladies, is anyone as lost as I feel right now? I have been spotting for 6 days and my period is 2 days late, but I'm still getting negatives. I know some women don't test positive until a couple of weeks after a missed period, but with my first baby it turned positive within seconds and I was two days late when I took it. Any thoughts?
    QFP.
    You're regular until you're not.  doesn't look like you're pregnant at this time. 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • Are you charting?  If it's negative you aren't pregnant.

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• mylove071407mylove071407 member
    edited April 2016
    I need to add...
    tv funny frustrated muppets miss piggy

Chart Stalk Me

• I am honestly surprised at the lack of compassion you ladies are having towards me. Most of you are talking to me like I'm an idiot. This board is about trying to get pregnant. We are all on the same boat of being a ball of nerves and waiting for it to happen. You'd think you would be SOMEWHAT supportive in your responses.
  • I am honestly surprised at the lack of compassion you ladies are having towards me. Most of you are talking to me like I'm an idiot. This board is about trying to get pregnant. We are all on the same boat of being a ball of nerves and waiting for it to happen. You'd think you would be SOMEWHAT supportive in your responses.
    I wasn't feeling like you are an idiot.  Are you charting? We need more information other than AF is late.....

Chart Stalk Me

• I'm not charting BBT, but I've been charting when I ovulate and I take the tests as well and I ovulated when I was predicting I would which is why my period is two days off schedule. 
  • I'm not charting BBT, but I've been charting when I ovulate and I take the tests as well and I ovulated when I was predicting I would which is why my period is two days off schedule. 
    That's more information.  The human body is not always predictable and AF can be late.  You could be having a longer LP than normal.  I would start charting BBT because you would learn so much about your cycles and your body.

Chart Stalk Me

• I'm not new here. I've been on The Bump for two years since I started trying for my first baby and now that we're going for the second I thought I would come back. Everyone was so supportive then and would cheer you on to make you feel better when your damn period came so you didn't give up hope. I didn't think I would get the opposite this time.

To the more helpful responses about charting and such, thank you! I appreciate it. 
  • I always spot before my period. Good luck next cycle!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Unfortunately our bodies do super weird things and like to mess with us. Like PPs have said, a positive or negative OPK doesn't mean a whole lot unless you can tie it to other ov symptoms and BBT. 

I'll agree that the culture around here has changed since I was here last time but it's still supportive :) feel free to stick around and join in the daily threads to get to know the ladies. They'll support you like crazy! 

Sorry you felt less than supported!
  • This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"