Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly PGAL check-in 4/25

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 

5. Questions:

6.  Anyone taking birthing classes/ have taken classes/thinking about it?

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family?

Re: Weekly PGAL check-in 4/25

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    12+6...... Induction in 26 weeks!  I find so much comfort in having a countdown this time around.  
    3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:
    My husband finally talked to his parents about them not being there for the induction and not coming for maybe a month after the baby.  It was causing us so much stress I'm glad he finally had a talk with his mother.  I wish my in-laws didn't cause me as much stress as they do.
    I can't believe my 3rd appointment is in a week.  This pregnancy is flying by.  Anyone else feeling that way?  

Appointment next Monday.  

5. Questions:
    I asked this on my BMB but I'll ask here too.  How are everyone's significant others managing?

We took them with our son Since we were planning on not doing meds.  This time around I'm not as scared of everything so I'm feeling pretty confident.  May break out our booklet for a refresher when we get closer.

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family? 
    Going to an actual tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree every year.  I need to find a good one around me since we live about an hour from where I grew up.  My husband is Jewish so it's also a new tradition for him.
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I'm Lauren. I've been staying away from The Bump for awhile due to anxiety with reading posts. Also, my month group isn't really supportive and some of the ladies are rude so I try not to post too much there. I find this group to be much more supportive. I'm 27 and this is my second pregnancy.

2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    I am 26 + 3, due July 29

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I've been feeling pretty good lately! Finally. And, now that I'm on to appointments every 2 weeks I think my anxiety will calm down. I used to be okay for about two weeks after an appointment and then stress for the next week until my appointment.

Decorating our little girl's room. We have just about everything but need to get things into her room and set up. Also, baby showers! I have two baby showers that were planned for me for the first week of June.

5. Questions:
    How do you deal with the stress of being PGAL? Every time something could be wrong my brain freaks out and I have to call my mom (who is a nurse) or my doctor.

We are signed up for the two day birthing class in May at the hospital we plan to deliver. I can't believe that we start this in 3 weeks!

I haven't even thought about this yet! I'm ready to start planning these things. My boyfriend thinks I try to plan things out too much though so maybe we will just wait until she is here to start thinking about traditions.
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Loading the player...

13w4d

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Not quite as nauseous as often, so yay! Had an ultrasound last Wednesday and baby was bouncing all over the place!

Feeling baby move

5. Questions:

6.  Anyone taking birthing classes/ have taken classes/thinking about it? We took them with #1. We won't take it again since I've given birth twice. 

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family? My favorite tradition was Christmas morning brunch at my grandparent's house. We don't do that anymore though. Every year since DD was born I've made breakfast Christmas morning and it's just been our little family. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• 2. How far along are you? EDD?  16w3d  Oct 7 EDD but I'll go sooner thanks to gestational and other factors

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: The unsolicited advice is already WAY too high this early in pregnancy.  Everyone (and only like 10 people know) keeps telling me what I "need" to buy.  If I took their advice, I'd have a jungle of baby furniture in my living room.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Viability.  There are little things before, but viability is the goal.

5. Questions:  Second time moms... any favorite baby items that you loved?

6.  Anyone taking birthing classes/ have taken classes/thinking about it?  Nope.  I hate crap like that.  But I am making the husband take the cpr cert.

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family?  Family vacation to the Black Hills in the summer and huge family Christmas!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @anna.oskar My must haves are zip up sleepers, so much easier to deal with in the middle of the night than snaps. The nose frida, it freaks some people out but works so well. A humidifier or white noise machine. My DD loved the bouncy seat but I know some babies aren't a fan. Some things will be trial and error, like diapers. Saline spray and gas drops are also very helpful.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    2. How far along are you? EDD? OMG I'm 39 weeks! EDD 4/30

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I don't mind everyone asking how I am. Other than the occasional heartburn I'm pretty good. Everyday we wonder whether today is the day. We'll see how I'm doing. Got my 39 week checkup tomorrow.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Birth!

5. Question: Asking the second time moms...what are things you wish you did with your mom before you had kids? I have a few days and I wanna make sure I make the most of my one-on-one time with my mom!

@LifeofLauren2 All I can say is to keep yourself distracted and be thankful you're pregnant today! 

6.  Anyone taking birthing classes/ have taken classes/thinking about it? Yes, we had to take them at the hospital I was at before. It was a total of 12 hours, and then another Child Safety class that was 2-3hrs. Half of the childbirth class was everything we knew; how birth goes, types of birth, but the used tools, types of anesthesia were helpful to know. We liked the Child Safety class where we talked to a peditrician, learned how to swaddle and other practical knowledge for when the baby is here. This helped us talk less about childbirth prep with our doula and focus on practical stuff like massage techniques and how we'd go about it in case certain situations that happen during labor etc. I'm planning on going med-free unless a c-section has to happen.

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family? Traveling every year as a family! We've always traveled, domestically and abroad. Even if we packed and cooked a lot of our meals, my folks made sure we made trips on vacation. It was fun to do it as a family and I'm always happy when I think of the times we did. Now that my brother and I are grown up, live adult lives and we all live in different cities it's harder to plan a trip together. It's why those memories have become even more special <3
  • How far along are you? EDD? 26w3d, July 30

Rants/Raves/Randoms:
    I really miss laying on my stomach. And it's starting to get awkward to put on socks and shoes.

Next milestone you are looking forward to:
    Reaching the third trimester on May 7th and my next u/s on May 11th.

Questions:
    Will I get stretch marks? (I know you can't answer that, but I wish I knew! Where's a Magic 8 Ball when you need it...)

Birthing classes?
    I took a birthing class and a pediatric CPR/first aid class. I also read a hypnobirthing book, which was the most helpful. I think understanding what's happening during a contraction will help me assist it with breathing and relaxation. And knowing the mechanics of it makes it a little less scary.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family?
    Christmas and vacations come to mind, like others mentioned. I can't think of anything specific. But I really look forward to experiencing those things with a child.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

31+4, June 25
    3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I love going every two weeks for appointments now. Rant, it's getting a lot harder to sleep and I caught my husbands cold. Ugh. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: birth!!

5. Questions: none right now

6.  Anyone taking birthing classes/ have taken classes/thinking about it? I took classes with my first. This will be my third so I'm not taking any this time around. I don't think I had a great class though bc I didn't get anything out of it. 

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family? My family didn't have a lot of traditions except big holiday ones that everyone does. I'm looking forward to making it a tradition to vacation in south haven Michigan every summer. We've been there the past two summers with the boys and it was a blast. Probably won't make it there this summer bc of the baby but hopefully next year!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD? 9w 5d

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

Other than waiting for bloating and nausea to subside? 12 week ultrasound

5. Questions:  

Did classes with DS, possibly won't sign up again.

Celebrating holidays and birthdays--nothing extraordinary, but just celebrating with family.

@EmmieAnn22  DH seems to be managing pretty well.  He was very hesitant at first.  But I told him I spent the last two pregnancies being soo scared I didn't appreciate the fact I was pregnant, so I was going to live in the moment with this pregnancy.  After we got past our loss dates he seemed to start getting  little more excited.  I think both of us are still apprehensive, but we are doing more talking and planning for the baby, and DH has started talking to him/her.

@LifeofLauren2  Not sure.  Let me know if you get a good answer.  Some times I feel like I manage well, other times I'm freaking out over what ifs.

@anna.oskar Our swing was a must with DS.  It broke (don't recommed the Graco petite glider--motor stopped workign after two months) so we will be on the look out to get a replacement.  DS was also a very colicky baby--we felt gas drops and gripe water helped soothe him.  

@kimey1   I didn't feel up to doing too much when my mom (39w).  We did take a walk every day though and went for pedicures together.

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    @CarrieandRoy i think it really depends on the person. My mom never had them so I didn't expect them either. I have been using Burts Bee's Mama Bee cream to prevent stretchmarks. So far I haven't found any! 

8w3d, Dec 4th

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:
    No rants, just excited for my 3rd u/s Thursday and hopefully we can share the news with my parents that evening. Random: my dog, who sleep next to our bed on his bed always gets up before I have to go to the bathroom. I don't know how he knows but he is very attentive with me.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: u/s this Thursday and passing the first trimester at the beginning of June. 

5. Questions: I do regular yoga, any suggestions on stretches NOT to do when pg?

6.  Anyone taking birthing classes/ have taken classes/thinking about it? Not thinking about this yet

7. GTKY: What was your favorite childhood tradition that you want to or are continuing in your family? Road trips and celebrating on Christmas Eve.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau i think yoga is fine for now. When my belly was getting big my instructor gave me 2-4 blocks and had me lean back on them instead of leaning/lying on my back. Maybe you could look into prenatal yoga when you reach 5months-ish? 
  • @LifeofLauren2 welcome to our check-in.  Sorry your BMB isn't very suportive.  I know my BMB for my son I lost was awful.  They were bitchy and just mean to people so I never felt comfortable posting.  Luckily this time around the community seems very nice and supportive.

PGAL is so incredible difficult.  After my first appointment at 6 weeks I had a break down.  I was terrified, I regretted getting pregnant so soon, I felt like something terrible was going to happen and I wouldn't be able to deal with it.  I didn't know how I would manage getting through this pregnancy.  Talking to my husband helped.  Even just expressing my worries made me feel better.   I don't think there is anything wrong with calling your mom often for advice.  Isn't that what moms are for?  My mom is great about staying positive yet realistic.  

I also plan something almost every weekend so I constantly have something to look forward to.  It's been helping the time move quickly. 

• @queenklau I've heard that you shouldn't do any twisting in yoga, but I don't know the details. Might want to google it.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Thanks @CarrieandRoy & @kimey1 !
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) I haven't checked in for a couple of weeks so as a refresher this is my second pregnancy after my last ended in a MMC end of March last year with a D&C last April.

2) How far along are you/EDD: 32+1 today due June 22nd

3) Rants/Raves/Randoms: My gestational diabetes numbers have been awesome the last couple of days after having a terrible cold last week and my numbers completely out of whack. I can't believe what a help the GD diet has been with controlling other pregnancy ick symptoms like bloating, heart burn, constipation, etc. I actually feel pretty awesome right now!!

4) Next milestone you are looking forward to: I was so desperate to get to 32 weeks and am so thankful to be at this point! Now looking forward to 36 weeks when I will just have one month left! Also looking forward to going back to the MFM in two weeks to see baby once more and make sure measurements are still good.

5) Questions: None for now

6) Birthing Classes: Took a breastfeeding class and was thankful to hear more info about pumping when I go back to work. That whole thing was overwhelming me! Signed up to take an infant/child CPR class.

7) GTKY: Favorite childhood tradition: Definitely road trips. Can not wait to share our love for traveling with this little one!!