June 2016 Moms
Options

High blood pressure?

I had a severe headache at work today and decided to check my blood pressure. My blood pressure was 152/93 my husband does not think that is very high but I feel like it is. I don't want to call my doctor and be dramatic if my blood pressure is normal, just looking for anyone with similar situations. 

Re: High blood pressure?

• Options
    When in doubt, call your doctor. 

Is is this another one of those joke posts?
  • Options
    Yeah...anything over 140/90 is bad new bears.  Call your doctor and tell your husband he's being an idiot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No not at all I just don't want to be the crazy lady who calls the dr when everyone else is telling me it doesn't seem high. I thought I would ask other women who may have had the same situation occur. My mom takes everything super seriously but I feel like my husband thinks I am being a drama queen
  • Options
    I'm sorry but a simple Google search would have told you that you weren't being a drama queen.  I know Dr Google isn't a great place to get information but its pretty reliable for something basic like "high blood pressure during pregnancy".  Please, do give your doctor a call.  
  • Options
    That needs to be discussed with a med professional ASAP, especially combined with a headache. Pre E and other conditions can come on strongly all the sudden. Best Wishes!
  • Options
    120/80 is normal 140/80-90 is considered hypertensive
  • Options
    So I called l&d bc I went and checked it again and it was 159/98 they said as long as I don't have blurred vision and the headache went away that I should check it tomorrow and reach out to my dr. 
  • Options
    So I called l&d bc I went and checked it again and it was 159/98 they said as long as I don't have blurred vision and the headache went away that I should check it tomorrow and reach out to my dr. 
    That's good to hear! 
  • Options
    I'm being monitored for borderline high BP (PIH) which is not yet being diagnosed as pre-eclampsia. My OB said to go immediately into L&D if it goes above 145/110. It's definitely no joke so follow up with your doc. Could be a sudden onset of pre-e if you have had normal BP all along. If its of concern continuously I would recommend getting a cuff to monitor at home.
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I checked it again today and it is 151/93 I can feel the onset of another headache! I am waiting for my doctor office to open at 8
  • Options
    So I checked it again today and it is 151/93 I can feel the onset of another headache! I am waiting for my doctor office to open at 8
    I'm glad you are keeping up on it! Definitely make sure your office gets you in for a check up. I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    I went to the dr they checked it and it was 178/98 so now I am on my way to l&d to be monitored and see what is next! I am really hoping they can get my bp under control because I am so not prepared for this baby to be here yet. 
  • Options
    I went to the dr they checked it and it was 178/98 so now I am on my way to l&d to be monitored and see what is next! I am really hoping they can get my bp under control because I am so not prepared for this baby to be here yet. 
    Good luck! 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
  • Options
    I hope they can get it down and that baby will keep cooking! 
  • Options
    Good luck and hoping they can get it under control.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Feel better and I'm praying to the baby cooking gods that ur sweet baby can stay a bit longer.
  • Options
    Yikes. That's high! Good luck in l&d!!!
  • Options
    @kendra0312 any word about what l&d thinks is going on?
  • Options
    Hope all is well and they were able to reduce your bp. Glad you were proactive!! 
  • Options
    Good Luck and feel better.
  • Options
    My blood pressure is fine when I'm laying down it shoots up when I sit up or an active so at this time they said take it easy and if the bottom number is over 90 consistently I have to go back
  • Options
    The baby is great she was moving and kicking the strap on my belly! 
  • Options
    So happy to hear you n baby are okay! 
  • Options
    Good luck, hope it stays down! Don't ever feel like a drama queen for calling your doctor! That's what they are there for! They can decide if what you are experiencing sounds serious or not once you call them.
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    I am now on bed rest due to the high bp, and it looks like I will be more than likely having a May Baby!
  • Options
    alitriaalitria member
    @kendra0312 does your husband still think you're overreacting?  Maybe I'm just an incredibly petty person, but I have to admit I'd be feeling a tiny bit smug right now that I went with my gut and called the dr.  I'd rather be a little overly cautious, especially if my body just feels like something isn't right, than to blow off something important.  One thing I've learned from these boards is that docs are definitely getting questions WAY stupider than "I have a headache and my bp is running high, what's your advice?" 
  • Options
    I think he just didn't fully understand what was considered high bp.
  • Options
    Hi kendra0312 I am now in a similar situation and was just put on bedrest today. I've been monitored all along but today the office measured me at 150/100.  The doctor is going to see if I can hold out as long as possibly but she may be coming in the next two weeks. 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
  • Options
    My blood pressure fluctuates a lot lay on your left side and see if it goes down
  • Options
    @hollywoodave531  I hope you can get your bp under control and stay cooking.
    @kendra0312   I'm glad you are doing better, I hope your BP stays under control.

I'm curious are your docs doing 24 hour urine tests?  We are waiting for the rests of ours.  Our birth mother's BP was 151/98 at our last appointment.  I am really hoping the doc will put her on bed rest rather than delivering but I'm concerned that they might not.  I wish they would manage it a little better than they are.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @kendra0312   I'm glad you are doing better, I hope your BP stays under control.

I'm curious are your docs doing 24 hour urine tests?  We are waiting for the rests of ours.  Our birth mother's BP was 151/98 at our last appointment.  I am really hoping the doc will put her on bed rest rather than delivering but I'm concerned that they might not.  I wish they would manage it a little better than they are.
    Bed rest is actually not supported by the research as an effective intervention for HTN or preeclampsia. I hope her 24-hour urine comes back ok. 

• Options
    TunieBee said:

Bed rest is actually not supported by the research as an effective intervention for HTN or preeclampsia. I hope her 24-hour urine comes back ok. 
    I'm not sure about this but anytime one can keep their feet above their heart it can help to lower blood pressure. Doctors don't even call it bed rest anymore it's modified bed rest because it's not super strict and I was instructed to make sure I move around at least once per hour to avoid increased risk for blood clots. Not to mention being upright causes the headaches to be worse....
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
  • Options
    My urine and bloodwork come back fine and laying down does lower my blood pressure but standing up immediately causes it to jump as well as moving around 
  • Options
    The problem with bed rest is that while I t can temporarily lower your BP it does not change the physiologic cause of why BP is higher to begin with so all the complications that go along with increased BP and preeclampsia still exist which is why docs deliver early to help protect the health of mama and baby.