December 2016 Moms

Feeling stressed!

So I'm 6w1d and very excited for this LO even though getting pregnant was a total shock. I've had a Mirena IUD in for almost two years now. To make a long story short, my ob thinks my previous doctor missed my uterus completely when she inserted it after my first baby was born. He thinks she pushed it right out of the back of my cervix and now it is mostly in my pelvic cavity. Of course I've Googled way to much at this point and have freaked myself out, especially since today I was spotting. The recommendation is to remove it but if its not in my uterus my doctor wants to leave it alone. I'm going for a 3d ultrasound tomorrow so they can try to find this thing and decide what to do. All I know is I want to do what's best for this baby. Thanks for listening. I totally needed to vent and haven't told any friends or family since this is so high risk at this point.

Re: Feeling stressed!

• I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this! That is just crazy. At least you're going to get some answers tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and your LO. 
  • Thank you. ❤ I'm so ready for some answers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry! That must be scary and frustrating. Hope your ultrasound goes well and your ob comes up with an appropriate plan!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017