Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday

2»

Re: WTO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNV, fish oil, vitamin D, trying to eat better, more water, any semi-appealing old wives tale things, Fertilitea, green tea

R/R/CS: I have zero good ideas for Mother's Day and I need to get something shipped since I don't live close to my mom. Also, dealing with someone from Craigslist who wants to buy a chair from me. Her reading comprehension sucks. She wanted to get the chair yesterday but I told her I was booked all night and suggested today. Went back and forth, timing doesn't work for today, I asked if another day worked and she responded by suggesting...yesterday. I'm torn between just saying forget it, I'll sell it to someone who is not an idiot, and wanting to see this person out of curiosity.

frustrated zootopia headdesk head desk

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
    I guess I mostly categorize daring as stuff like cliff diving so on that level, pretty much nothing. I have done a fair amount of solo travel, including a couple days on my own in Bangkok. We also did the flightlines in Vegas (the ones out in Bootleg Canyon, not the Fremont one). Those were really cool.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO finally!

R/R/CS: We were supposed to start HIO yesterday but DH really wasn't feeling it (too stressed with work) and based on the last few months, we agree to wait one more day so he doesn't run out of steam close to or on O day. I've been doing my OPKs and starting to panic that the LH surge was actually yesterday, which means O day could be today or tomorrow. I just hope we aren't too late! Either way RE appointment is coming up on Tuesday so while i definitely hope this is our month, at least these proactive steps are finally coming to fruition. 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? When I was young, sex in pretty public (or discoverable) places was a thing. Lol. More recently, I would say rappelling 100s of meters into a cave in New Zealand was pretty crazy! Oh and quitting my well paying job with no plan a few years ago was also kinda nuts (in a good way thankfully)! 
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LadyMillil Good news? How do you feel about that? I think it's positive that you have a large follicle?
  • Month/Cycle: 4 TTCAL

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: nothing out of the ordinary

R/R/CS: DH was quizzing me on O timing trying to figure out if it will be while we're on holiday. Not sure why it matters, but I'm pleased he's interested.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I picked up and moved overseas in my mid 20s to a country where I knew exactly no one. Best decision I've ever made.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: I finally think I am over AF. Hooray! Now just bbt and waiting to use OPKs after the weekend.

R/R/CS: We are visiting the in-laws for a few days. I am at my SIL's house right now. We are discussing the good possibility that we will live with her this summer. . I am currently getting nervous. When she is done getting my nephew to sleep we have to talk about the awkward stuff. . Like she is SOOOOO messy and I can't live with her unless she promises to get it under control. I love her as a person. We are getting incredibly close and I love it. But, I can't live in the clutter. I am worried about getting that out without offending her. but, she is very mature and open, so I think we will be ok. I just want all this to be over. Wish me luck.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I had sex with DH in a classroom at his university. It was spring break, but there were still lots of people around and no lock on the door. Not to mention an entire wall of windows.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LadyMillil Good news? How do you feel about that? I think it's positive that you have a large follicle?
    It's good, but I'm a little disappointed because last cycle I had 2 big ones. I've also had really bad clomid side effects this cycle so it's a little frustrating that I've been dealing with all the side effects and didn't get another follie out of it.
  • @aammyy33   I'm glad you got a scientific answer!   Hopefully the new plan works. 

@LadyMillil  I'm sorry all you got was the one follicle.  I hope you starting feeling better after dealing with the Clomid side effects.

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• My heart aches for those of you going through infertility.  I went through that in the past (although I was lucky in that Clomid worked for me and we didn't have to proceed further into treatments), and I know how scary it can be, and I know the worry and "what ifs" that accompany the diagnosis.  I will be pulling for you all.

My problem seems to have been fixed, but the worry that it will come back is still in the back of my mind this time around.  I so envy people who have fun with TTC!

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Hey y'all thank you so much for your responses to my questions. My day has been insane and I want a beer so bad tonight but don't want to impact my temp, boo. Anyway, I hate not being able to respond, thinking of you all!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• @LadyMillil I understand. I'm sorry it wasn't the outcome you had hoped for. Perhaps the next time around, if this round is unsuccessful (fx so hard it IS successful),you can ask to switch to Letrozole? From what I understand it has less side effects and is better for keeping your lining thicker. 

@aammyy33 YES!!! Happy dancing over here for you!! I'm so happy you got answers AND a plan of attack! Truly the best feeling isn't it? Your case is a lot like mine, and I'm so glad you went with your gut and didn't wait the full year! Looking forward to being on the same course of action together!!
  • @aammyy33 Yay!! I'm so happy you got answers and have a plan to move forward! It's awesome that you pushed for this. FX that everything goes perfectly moving forward!

Month/Cycle:4/5

CD:9

WAYDTGKU: Stuff. Guess I should be starting OPKs now, just not feeling it yet

R/R/CS: I know it's late but this is the only time I get to bump. Work is crazy and even if we do get some down time by some miracle, I sit right in front of my boss so can't really spend time on here. Guess I will mostly post on weekends  :(

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Once I met a random guy online and spent a whole weekend with him at a hotel. Crazy I know, luckily he wasn't crazy and we had fun. 
  • Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: all the things plus letrozole!

R/R/CS: RAVE: found a coupon on goodrx.com that made myou letrozole for the month only $12! 

RANT: apparently Femara and letrozole require the pharmacist to ask if you're pregnant. So there was this whole awkward exchange between the tech and the pharmacist. Then finally from across the pharmacy the tech was like "she has to ask you something." And the pharmacist shouted to me, also from across the pharmacy, "are you pregnant?" No boo. I am obviously not pregnant picking up these fertility meds. Thanks for asking.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Ha! Not daring at all. I'm the person in the background saying I don't think this is such a good ideeeeea.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Just the norms.. temping etc.

R/R/CS:  Nothing much happening right now. Just got a new computer because the one I had is just a pos!  It's actually pretty anticlimactic other than this one just works :)

I have a huge headache right now.  I have had "cramps" all day and I am not sure wtf that is about.  My husband is currently telling me a story about work.. and he gets loud when he gets passionate about a story and it is really hurting my head.  

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I am not a daring person really.. I went zip lining in Jamaica.. that was pretty scary.  

oh my gosh he is still talking. hurts so bad. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Finals start next week, and today was CRAZY, so I'm just hopping on to say hi! I'm hoping I'll have a little more flexibility tomorrow and will be able to participate!

• @cabu14 sorry about your head, and I hope you're feeling better by now, but I am giggling at the fact that you typed up your whole post while your husband was telling you a story. Sometimes I wish I could get away with that, haha. I love my husband, but he sometimes tells some long-ass stories about work. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • @tamalahoops :flushed: My pharmacist has never asked me if I was pregnant...

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • @meilay Congrats on the new job!

@tamarahoops I suppose they ask you that because it could be dangerous going on the meds if you were pregnant? No idea. When I went for my bloodwork today (prenatal bloodwork for a PCOS diagnosis) I was asked how far along I was. Then after I explained that I wasn't actually pregnant and had sat down, I heard another lab tech say "Awkward- I'm not asking her to fill that out". A few minutes later I was handed the form to go along with the glucose tolerance testing which asked: How many pregnancies have you had? How many live births? How far along are you? What hospital do you plan on delivering at? I put my name, signed and answered zero/na to all the questions. Boo.

@mrsdaddario Thanks so much. Yes I am very happy to be moving forward. I will be a few weeks behind you so will be following closely -in a creepy internet stranger way:) What are the Novarel and Progesterone pieces of your treatment for? Will you be taking one letrozole 2.5mg or two to start? Are you still planning to temp and use OPKs? If this is too medical or you don't want to respond on here maybe shoot me a PM:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me:27
    Him:31
    Married: Sept'15
    TTC#1: Jan'16
    PCOS Dx: Apr'16
    BFP #1: Jul'16
    DS Born: Mar'17
  • @aammyy33 Girl, nothing is too medical or personal on here! LOL. So I assume I will be starting (1) 2.5 mg Letrozole to start with, not two? Today is actually CD 1, so I called to get blood work scheduled and they don't want to see me until Monday. CD 4. Which I always thought Letrozole was CD 3-9, but she said I'll start on CD 4. So I assume CD 4-10. The Novarel is a trigger shot. Not sure why it isn't Ovidrel, but I guess it's the doctor's personal preference. Also, the progesterone cream, I had mentioned in our consultation that I was worried about MC, because of the PCOS and raised chance of it. He said since I've never been pregnant and have never had a MC he wasn't really worried about it for me, BUT to be on the safe side, he would give me a script for the progesterone cream and have me use that as well. And baby aspirin too. I guess he thinks that will help as well.