Baby Names
Options

How do you feel about...

Magdalena

DS is Samuel Kelly.

Re: How do you feel about...

• Options
    I think it's cute.  I used to be a teacher and I had a student with that name that was smart, sweet, and all around adorable.  So... positive association.  The girl I knew went by her full name, but I think Lena would be a really cute nickname for Magdalena.  
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like it at all. Something about the g and d is just not appealing to me.

• Options
    Love it!

• Options
    Beautiful.
  • Options
    I don't love it, but don't hate it. The one I knew went by Maggie.
  • Options
    It's beautiful. I would pair it with a single syllable middle name, though.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    ^^ yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love Magdelena nn Lena . This was my grandmas name.
  • Options
    Love it it's my German sisters name
  • Options
    Great. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    So beautiful.
  • Options
    Seems a little over the top with Samuel but it's OK and has good nn options.
  • Options
    Love it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I like it :)
  • Options
    Seems a little over the top with Samuel but it's OK and has good nn options.
    I agree with all of this. Magdalena is not bad, but it's such a BIG name compared to Samuel. I like Magnolia and Margaret more.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree that the gd combo doesn't appeal to me, and it just doesn't seem to fit with Samuel. I love Elena, or Lena is nice. Also like pp suggestion of Margaret.
  • Options
    lgalofrelgalofre member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    I think Samuel and Magdelena would be just fine as a sibset. I only think it's odd when siblings have names that are very similar in sound or spelling, or rhyme. 

• Options
    Eko14Eko14 member
    Samuel and Magdalena sound fine together. Sam and Maggie is cute too. DD2  MN is Magdalene so I love it even more. I work in a nursing home and have a Magdalena and she has quite the interesting life. It is a nice change from Margaret. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm not a fan. I'm not religious at all, and i don't know if you are, but Mary Magdalene is a somewhat controversial figure in the Bible. Some people believe she was a prostitute, others that she was Jesus' partner, and she was supposedly the first person to have said to have seen Jesus after his crucifixion. The prostitute part is what bothers me the most, I wouldn't want to name my daughter after that. Even if it isn't true, it is the reputation she holds for many people.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    One of my friends daughter's name is Magedelena. They call her Maggie for short. Little sister is Olive. Too cute!
  • Options
    I love it but crossed it off my own list due to the prostitute connection. Mary Magdalene is namesake worthy, but I do worry that many people will hear the name and subconsciously think "prostitute" first before thinking about the rest of her story.