Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday

How is this not started yet?! I don't even have one, but I wanna hear 'em!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsstuessy comparison is the thief of joy, amiright?  

i don't have much to bitch about today, in fact i'm really happy that i was able to take my ovidrel shot last night, and am ovulating today. BUT, it's passover, and we have family coming into town this weekend to stay with us. we're going to host the passover meal. this is exciting but stressful. there is still SO MUCH to clean and SO MUCH to cook and i don't know when i'm going to do it all. ughhh.
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC Since: Nov. 2015
    Dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round I: BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round II: BFN
    Clomid+Ovidrel, Round III: BFP! 7/5/16

• @pepperAT I hate when people come to my door!  Unless it's Girl Scouts with cookies, they're ok.  If you don't have cookies f-off.  I'm such an anxiety ridden introvert I always make my husband answer the door, and rarely answer it if I'm alone.
  • izza2izza2 member
    edited April 2016
    @mrsstuessy - They could also have a lot of credit card/loan debt that they're paying the minimum on, and that's how they're doing all of these things.
    My brother and SIL are constantly going out to dinner, going on vacations, upgrading their house, buying expensive things for the kids... all the things most of us want to be able to do in life. He constantly posts about his promotions and random checks he gets for team work from his job and "humble brags" - and she constantly posts about how her business is doing great and blah blah.
    But, they both have massive credit card debt and are up to their eye balls in loans. You wouldn't know it if you weren't close friends or family. I judge them so hard, because why not give up going out to eat every night to pay off some of that debt? But I also get so jealous that they're doing those things while we can wait months before having a little bit of extra money to go out to dinner. The only reason we're affording our trip to Arkansas to see my brother is because we got a payment from our mortgage bank from over-paying on taxes last year.
    ETA: We're going to Arkansas to visit another brother of mine, not him. I have 4 brothers, just for clarification...

I'm not saying it doesn't suck to watch other people live happily and seemingly care-free and lavishly while you're scrimping by, not by any means, but I will say that unless you know their situation and know how they're paying for it all, they could actually be screwing themselves in the long run for a few years of enjoyment. People go house-broke all the time.
    I learned the hard way not to envy what other's have, because it's not always what it may seem. *shrug*

WTF to my college's constant texts about random articles and crap. And WTF to the most recent one applying so good to my situation right now:
    Unhealthy friendship? How to salvage or end it. [Link]
    HOW DID YOU KNOW?!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @PepperAT  ughh I cant stand salesmen! We live on a main road so it's constant, especially lawn services and churches. I do the same though, hide and let the dogs bark till they go away. DH is at the door ready to grab his dang revolver most of the time.
    We actually have a sign I painted by the door kinda like this one:

But I personalized a little. 
    We've found our religion, we aren't interested politics, we do our own lawn, girl scouts welcome.
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• @DoctorDonna your students sound annoying, but it's funny, because I can totally relate. I tell them to stop talking, and they argue with me and say they weren't. I SAW you! With my eyes! I didn't just randomly decided to blame you. 

I feel your pain.
  • @thj101
    No shame about complaining about the McDonald's drive thru! I once got super pissed because I waiting in the line for fries (my go to hangover cure) on a Sunday and didn't realize that lunch started later.  I was 20 minutes early for fries.  It was not a high point in my life... I basically got snotty (you know, in the damn McDonald's line) because they didn't have fries and I didn't want anything else. So I drove off with nothing.  

God help my DH when I do eventually get KU 
  • @furbabymom2007 you should have seen me speed out of that drive thru line! lol.. not my finest moment, but damn it I just wanted my food!
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • This thread  showed up late today...
    My WTF is how much extra work I've just been handed. There's this new fancy regulation that all chemical SDSs have to been GHS compliant and blah blah blah. So every single chemical we have at our facility has to have a compliant SDS. By June 1. We have THOUSANDS of chemicals and most of those we get from more than one supplier, so a couple thousand more there.... Thousands and thousands. So now I have to get a list from every singe department of what chemicals they use/have, compile one master list of every chemical, maintain an inventory spreadsheet, go through the SDSs we do have, and see if they are complaint. If they aren't I have to hunt one down from the supplier, many of which are overseas and take a million years to respond. By June. I have to physically look through thousands of SDSs. By June. By myself. oh, and do my regular job as well, which is already a lot to handle.
    WTF.

TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @sLass42. The homebuying process is so stressful.   I was so happy when it was over.  

My WTF is that I have to go to physical therapy again tonight.. for an injury that happened almost 2 months ago...so stupid.  

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• My WTF goes to The Bump today. I finally got so annoyed with mobile Bumping that I took advantage of their 'We need to talk' app feedback. Listed all the issues I had ('You don't have permission to do this' pop-ups, the constant errors, the logging me out, weird time stamps, inconsistent 'new' flags) and basically just said that the constant bugs made using a forum that is incredibly valuable, very unpleasant to use. I actually got an email back from the admins saying they were aware of the issues, and they were releasing an update that should fix them all.

Last week my nice personal phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5) bit the dust and I had to wait until Monday for my replacement. In the meantime I downloaded The Bump app on my crappy work phone (iPhone 4). Lo and behold it's the new updated app. Actually got confused downloading it because it looks so different. Used it over the the weekend and while phone itself is a piece of garbage and made it difficult to type on, the app was great. No errors at all. 

So where's the Android update?? WTF The Bump??!
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• @PepperAT and @housewifehobbyist  - I NEVER answer the door. I can't deal with telling people no. The shades that face the front of my house are always closed so they can't see I'm home. The one time I did answer the door, my elderly neighbor guy was there, actually crying about how they put their dog down that morning (super sad!) and how they wanted hubster and me to come get all of their dead dog's things for our dogs (super creepy!)   We did.  After an hour in their smoke-fillrd house, we ended up with this:  

Never again. 
    Me - 30  DH - 36
    Married 10/12/13
    TTC #1 since 10/15
    Chart!
  • I rarely update my apps (I have an iPhone 6), so when I saw what you just wrote, @MelissaM090 , I headed to the app store and updated. and OMG, SO DIFFERENT. It took me a minute to find because the whole thing is redesigned. Much, much better though. Kudos to you!!
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• My WTF is to my husband. Love him dearly, but I asked him to tidy the house today (he's off) because he's having friends over this weekend. What did he do to tidy the house? He raked half the front lawn because "that's important."

K firstly, no. Secondly, unless you're playing your nerd games outside on the front lawn, we need to clean the INSIDE of the house. Ugh.

Also, I'm still Oscar the Grouch.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• LittleChick2LittleChick2 member
    edited April 2016
    My WTF is that there's a random ad for P&G or Walmart that keeps popping up on mobile and then somewhat freezing the browser so I can't click on any of the links and have to refresh over and over. No clue whether it's chrome or the bump.

ETA definitely the bump, just added the app and it's there too grr
  • @Kiki75 - Nope! I just showed him the picture of him passed out I took of him. Lol! Then I threatened to post it to the school website if he didn't get his work done. Lol!
  • I hate mobile bumping!!!!!
  • @sLass42 Sorry to hear house hunting has been so difficult. We bought our home last year through USDA and it took a year to find it. I found so many that looked good online and then my mortgage guy would say no, that won't qualify. In the end we ended up having to go up 50k to find something that wouldn't require a rehab loan. Your agent sounds like a TW, maybe finding a new one will help. FX you find the perfect house soon!
  • @Dilynne are you married to my husband? My house could be covered in filth and he wouldn't notice. But if the grass is a centimeter longer than he would like everything must come to a complete halt until he has mowed the lawn.
  • @furbabymom2007 - Haha, Just ask you hubbs. he might be holding back on you. Does this mean on the weekly check in, I win? A dramatic weight loss of 53 pounds in a week ought to do it!!!

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @kiki75 We went with USDA because we're paying off debt and didn't have too much to put down. But we're saving as we look. A coworker just bought a place in a month with a great realtor and she mentioned the housing bubble too! We might wait it out and keep looking, then switch to FHA or conventional when we have enough of of a downpayment
    @littlechick2 Like above I'm thinking we keep looking because I'm sure it'll take around a year at this rate. We signed a 2 year lease with the mortgage clause so we kinda planned on that after looking. And I think we'll end up in the same boat, going up $50,000 seems to make a huge difference. The $100,000 range is all rehabs and anything that isn't is snatched up by cash investors by the time we can look!
    I feel bad about the realtor because she put time into it, but it seems like she is just in it for commission since she doesn't even look at the places first. She also mentioned 3 houses in that it was nice to come back to work after half of last year off...wait so you don't even know the market right now?? But I love our lender and our realtor referred us so I'm just worried about starting over from scratch. Wonder if that's the best plan at this point ugh.

-I'd like to add to the rant that it's annoyingly frustrating because my brother (4 years younger) already has a 4 year old and he bought a house 2 years ago with the same realtor using FHA. He dropped out of HS and they accidently got KU when he was about 20 and his gf only has one tube (said she wasnt able to have kids). So I've got that horrible "I waited and did everything right and now its not happening" feeling looming over me.
    end re-rant

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• @MommyForTheFirstTime HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Then you will beat me and I am far to competitive to allow that :wink: 
  • @furbabymom2007 Well damn. 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

•  @PepperAT I never ever answer the door!  I watch way too many scary TV shows and freak out over the tiniest little noises when DH isn't home!  If someone comes to the door I always hide!

@DoctorDonna your students make me laugh and remind me of high school but I totally love your "wrongness" gif!

@MelissaM090 I totally agree!  My Android app keeps crashing and it is ridiculously hard to post from mobile! :(

My WTF today is that I just spent 3 hours working on a computer problem (and I had to call the actual IT guy) for one of our physicians so that he could do something on a laptop the he shouldn't even be doing!!  I really had big plans for being productive at work today but that all just flew right out the window!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @meilay Hugs! I'm glad you got good news from your doctor even though you were really worried for a bit. 

My WTF is the people on the weight watchers connect app. Weight watchers essentially has a form of social media called connect and when they first started I used to jump on there a decent amount. When we started TTC, the Bump really replaced connect as the place I spent my social media time. Today I jumped back on connect because it's nice to see people's motivational stories of weight loss and successes from time to time. Especially the before and after pictures, and the yummy food recipes. What I forgot is that people LOVE to post BFPs on there when they get pregnant as a way of saying "Hey I'm KU and can't go here anymore so bye", and after only a minute or two of scrolling I ran into one. It's like drive by weight watchers style but makes even less sense because it's a weight loss site, not a TTC or pregnancy related site! I don't want to look at things you've peed on in between peoples pictures of delicious healthy looking food. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @meilay   That's great news!  

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• @thj101
    No shame about complaining about the McDonald's drive thru! I once got super pissed because I waiting in the line for fries (my go to hangover cure) on a Sunday and didn't realize that lunch started later.  I was 20 minutes early for fries.  It was not a high point in my life... I basically got snotty (you know, in the damn McDonald's line) because they didn't have fries and I didn't want anything else. So I drove off with nothing.  

God help my DH when I do eventually get KU 
    When I was pregnant with DS they forgot my nuggets, I cried for an hour and made DH go back and get me some more nuggets 
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Hi ladies. So normally I don't have anything to post here, but today I got a call that judust has me going.....WTF?????????????   Back story... I was dating (read sleeping with) this guy that I worked with.  We were on and off for about 2 years until one night he decided he would hit on my then best friend while I was passed out.  Needless to say I was pissed and quit seeing him and then quit talking to her once I found out that they were going out on dates?????   WTF.  JEEZ.  Fast forward to a couple years after that and this guy starts working at my new job and we start seeing each other again.  For about 6 months.  I stopped seeing him after I asked him if he was seeing anyone else, and he said yes....again wtf?    So fast forward to today..... I got a phone call from a friend that knows our history and she told me that he married the my ex best friend that stopped us from seeing one another.  WTF?????????  This dude was hitting on every piece of ass that walked by, including me, even after I was engaged.   OMG!!!!!   I don't have a relationship with my ex friend, but holy hell, I really hope this asshole has gotten his shit together.  I don't want for her to be hurt even after everything... wow....WTF
    Me: 35    DH: 37
    Married: April 2015
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    BFP: Dec 2015 / MC: Jan 2016
    TTC #2: Mar 2016
    DD 16 yrs old
    2 Furbabies: Doug and Carla
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5c7c93

TTGP June Siggy Challenge - TV/Movie Dads - Will Smith

• @KristoB Are SDS sheets formerly known as MSDS sheets?! I work at a garden center, we also have thousands of chemicals. Chemicals we sell, chemicals we use, chemicals everywhere!  I had to find every fucking MSDS sheet there was. Luckily 90% of them were online, so that was helpful. And then put them in alphabetical order in a filing system so that incase we got audited they could find them easily.  But I know what a monumental task that is! 

@meilay Girllll that is AMAZING news!