Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

2nd MC in row. Natural MC

Hi all and sorry for all your loss, 
I went this morning for an US 9 weeks we had one at 6 weeks and saw heartbeat. That same night i had big bleed but no clots.  Today baby measured only 7 weeks and no hearbeat. Devastated as this as my 2nd mc in a row. This week was to be due date of last pregnancy so especially hard time. Last time was blight twin ovum and naturally misscarried. This time waiting to decide what to do. I don't like sound of medical D&C. As feel thr process will be healing again. I am also reluctant to take pills but not sure how long it will take if i just wait for miscarriage to kick in. 
Anyone tried natural ways to induce? 
Much love. X 

Re: 2nd MC in row. Natural MC

• I don't have any advice about the last part, but I'm so sorry for your losses. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • I am so sorry. Goodness how awful. 

I also just miscarried my second in a row. I opted for a d&c because I was very sick and wanted the morning sickness to stop. I also was terrified to miscarry naturally. I miscarried naturally with my first loss and the pain was very intense. I have a toddler and was worried I'd start miscarrying while I was alone with her and wouldn't be able to care for her. 

I do not know of any ways to induce a natural miscarriage. Your doctor may give you a time limit to miscarry naturally. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your losses, I know how heartbreaking it is. I understand your reluctance, I opted to naturally miscarry as well. Rubbing and twisting your nipples stimulates the release of oxytocin, also applying light pressure on your abdomen can help. Take your time to heal, hugs. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Thank you all for your support xx 
  • I am SO SO SO Sorry. I had a similar situation and got to week 10ish without any bleeding (baby died at 5 weeks). I tried the pills but they didn't work (my doc said this was the first time in her career it was the case). I then went for a D&C which was much easier than I thought. I just couldn't take waiting anymore and I had full fledged pregnancy symptoms. My best advice is to do what is in your gut and heart. It is really an individual decision. 
  • First,  I'm so so sorry for your losses.  I can share my experiences.

My first MC was spontaneous.  I had spotting on and off in Wk5.  Had US and 5+6 where we saw the HB.  I started cramping and spotting again 2 days later I knew I was miscarrying with heavy bleeding and cramps the following day.  It was confirmed via US on day 3 I had passed everything.  I bleed for about 9 days like a heavier than my normal period.

MC #2 was confirmed that development had stopped again in Wk6 with heartbeat detected the week before.  RE had me use cytotec to move the process along.  It worked within about 12 hrs of inserting the pills vaginally.  For me the cramping was only slightly more intense than the natural MC and only lasted a couple of hours.  I had percoset but didn't really need it.  I was scheduled for D&E in office the next day (cytotec was to soften cervix as prep). It worked so well I didn't need it.  US confirmed I had passed everything.  I bled for about a week like heavier than my normal period.

MC#3 I am in right now.  Development stopped at 6+3.  This was about 2 weeks ago at this point.  Again there was a HB this time around.  The RE thinks it's important that we definitely get sample for genetic testing this time.  I have to insert 2 cytotec tonight (1/2 the initial dose of last time to hopefully keep it from completing things) and 2 more pills in the AM before I go in tomorrow and am to "void in a colander" if I start cramping & bleeding" so we don't lose tissue this time.  He does the D&Es in the office with local anethesia.  I have to take 2 valium and 800mg of advil before I leave the house.  I am super anxious about it being done this way but will survive and be happy I don't have to fast and wait around to be cleared to go home as I would if having anethesia.

I wouldn't be able to handle waiting around for things to happen on there own.  I know there are no guarantees with the cytotec but I definitely think it's worth a try based on my experiences.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• *UPDATE*  sorry if TMI little graffic.
    So i took cytotec 6 days ago not much happened at first light cramping and spotting. Starting bleeding that night with medium period pains. Just had hot water bottle. Slept well. Bleeding stopped. Same nexg day nothing all day by 6pm light cramp and bleeding. Each time thinkng this is it. Pain eased bleeding stopped. Slept well. SATURDAY not much so did some gentle yoga. Went for a walk in nature. Had glass of wine. Bleeding kicked in.  SUNDAY morning passed big clots and small hard clot presuming fetus. which we saved and buried. Last night. MONDAY contractions like strong cramps all night. Passes lots this morning resting. So wondering if what i passed before wans't fetus and the cramps getting now readying body to release or is the cramps and contractions just last linings and shrinking uterus?  Any wisdom helpful x
  • TW...may be graphic too...

First off sorry for your loss...I just had my second miscarriage and this time had a D&C yesterday.

My first mc I opted for Cytotec because I was already bleeding. As far as passing the baby...I had cramps and clots for most of the day I had taken the Cytotec. But then that evening I went to the bathroom and a large sac like clot came out...in there I saw something white and harder (which we assumed was the baby)...we buried that in our garden with a sign that reads "love blooms here". After that passed my cramps subsided and there was just bleeding with little to no clotting. My baby stopped growing about  8 weeks but had always measured 2 weeks behind where I thought I was.,.and the bleeding started about 11 weeks. 
    dd born 9/09
    ds born 10/12 via IVF
    surprise BFP 3/14 MMC 5/14
    surprise BFP 2/25/16 - EDD 11/1/16
  • But we have survived this even twice or 3 times for som of us. We are strong, we are brave. This pain too shall pass. Xxx 
    Exactly this.  I have been telling myself over & over again since this was confirmed on Friday that I am strong & brave.  I will not let this overwhelm me with grief.  That is not part of the plan.  

My RE even acknowledged it yesterday which meant a lot to me.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• MrsBinPA said:
    But we have survived this even twice or 3 times for som of us. We are strong, we are brave. This pain too shall pass. Xxx 
    Exactly this.  I have been telling myself over & over again since this was confirmed on Friday that I am strong & brave.  I will not let this overwhelm me with grief.  That is not part of the plan.  

My RE even acknowledged it yesterday which meant a lot to me.

Yes.  I found myself repeating "you are stronger than you know" in my head often.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN