January 2017 Moms

Baby Names

I know it is way to early, but figure it would be fun topic until everyone knows for sure if they are having a January baby. I love unique names but I am having the hardest time one I like. My first daughter we did a common name. So far we like Aurelia and Wren for a girl. Boys names are more common we have liked Emmett and Rylan. What names do you ladies like for your little one. 

Re: Baby Names

• We stuck with two different, traditional, names from the family with S1 and will probably do the same with the next kiddo. Not sure what though, we haven't discussed it at all yet!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol my husband and I have been talking about names for years. We have been trying for so long, I always feel werid that I have names I like when I don't know if I am preggers yet lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • This will be the fist baby for my husband and I.  My husband is a Jr. so if we have a boy, he'll most likely get the same name as my husband and FIL.  

I LOVE the name Aurelia, but my husband isn't too crazy about it.  Every once in a while over the last couple years we would throw out a "future child" name, but can't agree on any of the girl names.
  • @aishmc Aurelia was the name we were going to name our first daughter. Sadly i let family bully us into not naming her that because they didn't like it. So we decided on Hailey, I love my daughters name but I regret not naming her our pick. So Aurelia is defintly a top contender when possibly having another gir. 
  • I don't want to know the sex of the baby, but, as of right now, we have picked a unisex name that is also a family name: Sidney. It's FIL's name. I get to use my family for the middle name. Things may change as the poppy seed grows. BTW, Aurelia is a beautiful name!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• We have had a girls name picked out for a while.  My maiden name is Sawyer, so if we have a girl her name is going to be Sawyer Ryanne.  We have some boy names that we have thrown around but nothing I am totally in love with.   I know if its a boy his middle name will be Michael.  My hubby and dad are both Michael's (well their middle names) so we have to keep it going. 

@Knottie1440628507 I love Wren!! 
  • No clue! I have names written down for both sexes. With our first we had a girl name and boy name we decided before the a/s and used the girl name with her and the boy name with our son, who we had 21 months later. So now we are at square one. DH won't discuss names until we find out the sex though. It might be a battle this time... We will see. 
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have names, but I'd like to have a couple more just in case we change our minds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • We have names we like the names I said in the begnning. I also know we will change it about a million times until the baby is here. With my first daughter we orginally picked Piper and it changed so many times. Lol Aurelia was our number one, but it changed so many times. You never really know until you get to the baby, with Hailey I just knew it was Hailey from the moment she started to show her pesonality in my belly lol You just know. 
  • get to know the baby* Sorry didn't proof read. 
  • My daughter is named after my mom for her first name them my MIL with her middle name, Emily Michelle. My Mil's given name is Lois and midle name Michelle. My husband was telling her we were going to name our next child after her if it's a girl. Um... nope. Not happening. Then my MIL started saying well Michelle could be the new babies first name? Nope. Lol. Kristina is a family name on his side grandmother, sister both names Kristina but I also like Elizabeth. So I am thinking if Kristina Elizabeth if baby us a girl. If baby is a boy then Carter Scott or Dylan James. We will see, I am hoping to be team green all the way!!!!!! This baby is probably our last and we don't really want a particular gender just a healthy baby, so I think team green would be the ultimate surprise!
  • ju0725 said:
    My daughter is named after my mom for her first name them my MIL with her middle name, Emily Michelle. My Mil's given name is Lois and midle name Michelle. My husband was telling her we were going to name our next child after her if it's a girl. Um... nope. Not happening. Then my MIL started saying well Michelle could be the new babies first name? Nope. Lol. Kristina is a family name on his side grandmother, sister both names Kristina but I also like Elizabeth. So I am thinking if Kristina Elizabeth if baby us a girl. If baby is a boy then Carter Scott or Dylan James. We will see, I am hoping to be team green all the way!!!!!! This baby is probably our last and we don't really want a particular gender just a healthy baby, so I think team green would be the ultimate surprise!
    Emily Michelle is such a pretty name :) I really like your boy names too. They sound so classic and untryingly cool.
  • I have a laundry list of names, but if it's a boy, I really want to name him Austin just because that's where OH and I met (in Austin, Texas, where I used to live). He's really pro-family names and a lot of his family names are not really ringing strong with me yet ("Cecil" for example, it just reminds me of an old man haha), so I'm trying to compromise with him on using a family name as the middle name. 

We both eagerly agreed on Zora if it's a girl, but I'm hoping to get some back-ups on the plate in case I happen to meet a terrible person named Zora in the next 9 months ;)
  • canavara said:
    I have a laundry list of names, but if it's a boy, I really want to name him Austin just because that's where OH and I met (in Austin, Texas, where I used to live). He's really pro-family names and a lot of his family names are not really ringing strong with me yet ("Cecil" for example, it just reminds me of an old man haha), so I'm trying to compromise with him on using a family name as the middle name. 

We both eagerly agreed on Zora if it's a girl, but I'm hoping to get some back-ups on the plate in case I happen to meet a terrible person named Zora in the next 9 months ;)

My DH's grandma is named Zora, but her brother kept calling her Kitty when she was first born, so that's what she goes by now. I think Zora is so classy!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• This will be the hardest part for us.  My hubs is crazy picky and finds a way to make fun of every name.  He doesn't want anything that can be made fun of.  After our daughter was born, he realized that a lot rhymes with her name and no matter how hard you try, there'll always be something!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the name Wren. My DH and I like Eloise for a girl. It was our pick for a girl the 1st time around. Not sure on a boy bc it was so hard to pick the 1st time. My son is Ezra Theodore. I second not telling anybody your name you pick. People are so rude about it. We had a name picked out differently the. Ezra and everybody picked us apart. Once we decided on Ezra I told no one until he was born! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ashbozso Love the name Ezra! Totally at the top of my list for boys names. 
        Unfortunately my husband and I have extremely different tastes in names...so it's going to be a struggle for us. I'm planning on persuading him with the idea of me letting the little bean be a 49er fan (My husband is a diehard 49ers fan, while I of course love the Broncos!) As long as he let's me have my pick of names! Hehe! 
  • Hubby and I had the names discussion before I was even pregnant lol. We have both our names picked out already. For a girl..Adalyn Raye, Ray is my mom's middle name. And for a boy, Garner Hayes, Garner is my maiden name and Hayes is my husband's middle name. 
  • I have a name that I like for both sexes. As long as he doesn't hate the name, my hubby won't mind, because he got to name his two children, so this one is mine! :smile: 
    But I'm not really going to worry about names until we find out what we're having, which probably won't be until August!
  • Awe . I love both names! It is frustrating when we feel like we have to "give in" to the requests of family! 
  • DH and I definitely have our names picked out already. We won't share them with family until baby is born to avoid unwanted comments, but I am very stubborn and wouldn't change my mind anyway! ;)

Anyways, we love Evelyn Rose for a girl. My little sister's middle name is Rose, and we adore the name Evelyn. Her nickname would be Eva (like the character in WALL-E).

If it's a boy, we really like Kane Alexander or Kane Braxton. Braxton is a family name on DH's side and also his middle name.
    Me & DH: 27
    Met: 12.9.2007
    Married: 9.26.2014
    BFP: 5.1.2016
    Baby Boy Due: 1.13.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have a couple names we like for both genders, but nothing settled yet. If it's a girl I'd like to name it after one of my two great grandmothers that passed away in the last few years - Caroline (maternal grandfather's mother) or Lucille (maternal grandmother's mother). I don't think we will solicit input from our family. We've already had some opinions after we told a couple family members a prospective name. It's already going to be hard enough to pick names as it is! My husband is Irish and they all name their kids the same thing - so I know it won't be Mary, Kathleen or Kevin! 
    MC 5W5D - 5/13/16
    MMC 9W0D - 2/16/17 - D&C 2/24/17 

• Like last time, we most likely won't talk about names until we find out the sex. It took awhile to get DH to participate after we found out DD was going to be a girl, but toward the end of my first pregnancy, we had a short list. We didn't decide on her name officially until she was at least a day old. :# It was a tossup between two names and we were leaning toward one until we spent some time with her. Our family and friends weren't thrilled with not getting to know the name beforehand, but hey we didn't know either! 

• I'm seeing so many awesome names as i read through the comments!  This is my first,  but I've been thinking names for years.  Haha!  I mostly only have girl names though.   I like Dylan,  Ruby,  Elinor, Lily,  and Pearl for a girl.   The hubs is a fan of all those too.   For a boy,  we both like Franklin (Frank) and Charles (Chuck).   Hubs wants to name a boy after his father,  Riley,  but I'm hoping to use that as a middle name if at all - not a big fan.   Ugh,  such a hard decision! 
  • I love classic Greek names like Athena,  Calliope, and Artemis (and Aurelia!) The bf doesn't like them in general but luckily, he likes Athena alright,  because that's at the top of my list for girl names. For boy names I like more usual stuff (although I do like Zeus! ) like Adam and Jesse and Finn. Hmm it's gonna be a toughy. 
  • For a girl we are pretty set on Marion Elizabeth. Boy name is still up in the air but Lucas/Lukas and Finn are the top contenders. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• We don't have names picked out but we've been talking about potential baby names since we first moved in together 5 years ago. Whenever either of us would hear about or find out about a name we liked, we would just share it and ask if it was a potential name. I have a spreadsheet with all the names we've agreed on over the years (Type A much?) and we'll wade through it. We'd like to use the middle name to honor either my mother or our fathers (they have the same name which is helpful).

• We haven't thought names yet... Out of precaution I think.

But I have a different problem: we will need language adaptable names. My mother tongue is Spanish and DH's English. We live in Latin America where we speak Spanish every day. But my husband's last name is very anglo Saxon. So it  has to be a name that can be pronounced appropriately by Spanish speakers but that goes well with an English surname.

any thoughts?
    ;-) 
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AmyKDuffyAmyKDuffy member
    edited May 2016
    I feel like this is similar to when you are getting married. As soon as you are engaged, everyone has an opinion and thinks they are an expert on wedding planning all of a sudden. We have chosen not to share our name ideas with our friends/family because of that. Last time we chatted about names it was Adelina Renee for a girl and Aris Jackson for a boy. There are others I like such as Maryn or Kalia for a girl and Mason or Kamron for a boy although I haven't shared those with the DH yet :)
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• We didn't share names until DS was born and it was the best decision.  We'll be doing it again this time (even though it drove family crazy).  Since we were team green last time we'll probably keep our girl name and try to decide on a boy name, but who knows.  Girl name was Daphne Rose (Rose for my grandmother).  The boy's name is going to be so hard because we love DS's name so much (Conor).  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are hoping for a boy so we have decided on Jackson. We're not sure if the middle name will be Dade (hubs grew up in Dade county, Miami) or Hurley. If it ends up being a girl, we will most likely do Kennedy. Of course, all of this could change as the months progress! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DS' name is Finnegan, so we need something as cool. We have been discussing the following:
    Boy: Carson William
    Girl: Penelope Leigh or Audrey Leigh 
  • Carly79Carly79 member
    We haven't talked about names for this one, we know the middle name but that's it. With our son, we had conversations about his name leading up to his birth but went to the hospital with no idea what we were going to name him. Once he was born we talked about names and came up with one that we love. Very traditional, Samuel. We had planned to not tell anyone the name if we had one to prevent people from sharing their opinions. We talked ideas with people but ultimately the name Samuel never even came up in any of our conversations prior to his birth.

Pregnancy Ticker

• We are trying to decide on names and haven't found any we love yet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • egilonaegilona member
    I have no problem sharing names with anyone; even if anyone tried to talk me out of a name, they'd never be able to. I'm a hardcore name nerd - like, I've been active on a name board for 9+ years now, and before that, I used to fill up notebooks with lists of baby names. On the subject of names, I'm way too confident to let any amateur's comment sway me! Ha.

DH and I are set on girl names: our top contender is Ramona Audrey and our backup is Claudia (probably Claudia Ellen). We're stuck on boy names (in large part because he seems to hate just about ALL of them). Our favorite is Rory, but we're hesitant to use it because if he had a girl next, we wouldn't want to have two kids with R names - it's not our style at all. Other names we're sort of considering are (in no particular order) Noel, Fox, Quentin, Cyrus, and Arthur.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!