January 2016 Moms

Milestone Monday

is baby doing anything new or exciting tell us here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Milestone Monday

• DS rolled over back to belly for the first time yesterday.  He's 12 weeks.
  • @nackie That's awesome! Mine did the same this past Friday at 15 weeks! I have a ton of mommy guilt, though, because apparently he did it at school first and I missed it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Loading the player...
  • Thats awesome you guys!! How exciting!! Mine been trying to do it at 12 weeks but she gets stuck half way through. Are they consistently rolling tummy to back? Mine rolled tummy to back at around 8 weeks but has only done it about 7-8 times. She has no interest in trying to do it anymore when we do tummy time. She more tries to push herself forward. I fear once she does roll back to tummy she wont be able to roll back over. 
  • @Cali1710 he has been very consistent. Started rolling tummy to back around 7 weeks. He goes back and forth now without hardly any problems. Sometimes his shoulder is in the way but he just wiggles a bit to get around it. He has been rolling from back to side since he came home from the hospital.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • LO has started to discover that her feet are useful. She is very carefully aiming her feet to kick things. It's so funny--it's practically in slow motion, and the look of concentration on her face!
    She's also discovered that she can reach her feet, and always has ahold of them.
    No rolling for us. She rolled over about 4 times from belly to back at about 6 weeks, but hasn't repeated it. She's really close from back to belly. We joke that she's going to skip rolling and just go straight to crawling. She can really get that butt in the air.
  • @cali1710 he's been rolling belly to back during tummy time for about 6 weeks.  It's gotten a lot more consistent recently though
  • Z did a full back to belly roll for the first time Friday at 13 weeks! He has also become very interested in his feet and can kick hanging toys on purpose!
  • Brynlee rolled from back to belly twice last week (14 weeks). I missed both times. As soon as she got to her belly, she screamed bloody murder. Picked her up and she spit up, both times. Damn AR.

She also graduated to 6 month clothes and has given a couple of giggles. She discovered her happy voice, which is an absolutely ear-piercing high pitched screech. Good fun. 
  • LO has rolled tummy to back, but it is not consistent. She is SO close to rolling back to tummy. I have stopped swaddling her in anticipation! She has also found her feet, loves blowing spit bubbles, brings EVERYTHING she gets into her hands into her mouth, and has started to giggle. It is my favorite sound EVER! It's been a week of milestones, that's for sure! 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Little man is rolling belly to back but only when he feels like it. He's so close to rolling back to belly so we're transitioning him into his own room while we can still swaddle him. He's outgrown his bassinet and I don't want to do both transitions at once. Last night wasnt great (first night in his crib in his room) so here to hoping that tonight goes better! He's making sooo many new sounds and laughing more and it is soooo cute. 
  • LO rolled from tummy to back twice today for the nanny. I'm just waiting for nap time to be over so she can do it for me! Poor thing will probably just cry. 
  • @kaym6 that's a good plan, we ended up having to stop swaddling his second night in the crib.  I do not recommend doing both transitions at once.
  • LO discovered her feet! It's super cute. We've been putting her feet on the mirror and she stares at them and flexes them. She also started to grab her toes. 13 weeks
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @nackie that sounds awful! I hope he holds off on the rolls until he gets comfortable sleeping in his crib. Both at once sounds horrible
  • Rolling is inconsistent for us, but she loves to stand! 
  • New one! 15 weeks tomorrow, and we've got tooth buds! She's been drooling like a monster for weeks now, and is gnawing on everything she can possibly get into her mouth with her uncoordinated hands.
  • kimber308 said:
    Rolling is inconsistent for us, but she loves to stand! 
    Mine loves standing too!! Most the day all ahe wants to do is stand
  • We have a roller! 13 weeks.
  • HipshakerHipshaker member
    edited April 2016
    Little man is rolling over back to front at will! Belly to back not so much. He's thirteen wks.
  • @Hipshaker same for our LO. She started a few rolls from back to tummy at 12.5 weeks, and now is a master and obsessed with doing it during playtime. 15 weeks now. Has even done it several times at night when she wakes up and i find her swimming around on her belly. She's done belly to back twice but honestly it looked like luck for her. I will definitely be happy when she can get back on to her back because she eventually gets frustrated on her belly even though she keeps putting herself there. Silly goose.
  • Is there anything you all did to encourage rolling or did they just so it?
  • @cali1710 this might be bad, but I was discouraging him from rolling onto his belly.  His startle relax is still really bad and he was nowhere near ready to lose the swaddle. 
    He loves kicking his legs and squirming around when he's on his back though and he got up on his side several times before he actually managed it.
  • Shes working on the back to front thing but she hasnt mastered the belly to back yet. She did it her first time at like 8 weeks and has done it maybe 6 times since but not enough. I fear if she manages to do the back to front she wont be able to go back. Especially if shes in her crib. I try during tummy time a lot but she isnt interested. I just didnt know if there was something people were doing to encourage belly to back
  • @cali710, I looked up some YouTube videos on how to encourage rolling from tummy to back (and general "play time" ideas). LO hates tummy time too, so a lot of the time, she would just put her head down and start crying. One thing that I did was prop her up on her elbows. When I do that, she goes right over. After practicing that move for a few days, she didn't need to be propped. She figured it out on her own. She will still sometimes just put her head down and cry, but she will also roll too. She rolled from tummy to back three times during play time yesterday. 
  • cyanope said:
    @cali710, I looked up some YouTube videos on how to encourage rolling from tummy to back (and general "play time" ideas). LO hates tummy time too, so a lot of the time, she would just put her head down and start crying. One thing that I did was prop her up on her elbows. When I do that, she goes right over. After practicing that move for a few days, she didn't need to be propped. She figured it out on her own. She will still sometimes just put her head down and cry, but she will also roll too. She rolled from tummy to back three times during play time yesterday. 
    Thanks I'll try yourube videos! I prop her on her elbows and she either just looks around or she flattens herself out so shes just laying on her stomach and kicks and flails away hahaha. She wants to move sooo bad. She usually ends up moving herself diagonally
  • @cali1710 My daughter would prefer to sleep on her tummy, if we let her, so when we put her down for tummy time, she just lays her head down and falls asleep!
  • @stephanienjer that's really cute! 
    LO woke me up 2 nights ago by crying and I found her on her tummy. She's never rolled to her tummy before and I thought it was cute that she did it in her sleep somehow and wasn't too happy about it. With a lot of effort she can roll from tummy to back, but I hope it gets easier for her because now I'm scared of her rolling onto her tummy in her sleep again.
  • @fishee333 I hope so for you both as well. My LO is a master back to tummy roller but can't do the reverse just yet. She has become increasingly difficult to put down for bed because she immediately rolls over on her belly when I place her down if I don't get the pacifier in her mouth quickly enough. She's woken me up many times the past 2-3 weeks crying and I come in to find her on her little belly. I've taken to laying her closer to one side of her crib so when she rolls she stops on her side because her legs touch the crib side. She's just sleeping on her side now parts of the night. This method has worked well the past few days, fingers crossed!
  • Griffin is 19w. He is now rolling onto his side and finding his own reflection very entertaining.  We have several toys with mirrors on them and he just stares at himself now when he's playing.  His voice is also starting to mature and his coos and even cries are a little more distinct and deeper.  So much so, that he's actually a little hoarse now from exercising those lungs.  Mainly from yesterday's 4mo shots. :neutral: His head control is probably the 1 thing I am most pleased with.  Poor thing was such a little bobble head up until about 2 weeks ago.  He can't quite sit up yet with a ton of control, but he is able to hold his head up really good during both tummy time and when we hold him up so he can look over our shoulder. 
  • Little girl can be held up right without me supporting the back of her head! Still have to have a hand on her back because she hasn't learned to hold onto mommy yet. Never been so happy to not have to worry about her head suddenly flipping backwards!
    Also knows she has feet now for about a week+ loves kicking at a rattling whale I have hanging down low on her playmat 
    She is also talking alot more. And not just gurgles and cooing. At night part of our bedrime route is streaming music on Pandora (Adele radio is her fav!) and singing along as we either walk for a bit or layin bed snuggling till she snoozes off. She started "singing" with me a couple days ago. Soooo freaking cute!
  • So many milestones lately!  11.5 weeks, she's discovered both hands and loves to eat them, discovered her feet and looooooves to kick them as hard as she can during diaper changes (we also have a toy in her baby gym that lights up and plays music when she kicks it, and she's been loving that.)  Also, she's babbling a TON.  My mom thinks she's a baby genius because she yells "un-gee" when she's upset, which sounds like hungry.  ;)  She also babbles a ton when I'm singing, like she wants to sing along.

Oh, and most important milestone to a tired mama - she sleeps in 6 hour chunks now!  (Most nights, anyway.)  Hallelujah!
  • We have a thumb sucker. She's been putting her hands in her mouth for a while, but this week she stayed sucking just her thumb.  She also learned how to splash with her legs in the bath. 
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker