High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Graduated from high risk doc

Obviously, the ladies on this board aren't in this position, but maybe have been?  At my 28w growth scan yesterday, I was informed that I didn't need to come back anymore (unless I wanted to). I was very surprised. My high risk is my age (almost 41) and that I had a previous rare brain condition which isn't supposed to ever happen again (and 99.99% chance it won't). I am being treated by midwives at this point and I thought I would have the support of this doc the whole time. The midwives are very low tech and I'm not even sure they regularly check proteins in urine (for example). I've read way too much about way too many complications that can happen, but I would assume they could figure that out?? Everything was great at my appt and I am blessed. So I guess I am just normal now? Can midwives determine if you have any weird stuff that can endanger the baby? I mean, I'm assuming so--I know that reg OBGYNs (or at least I don't think they did, as long as the HB was fine and no other symptoms) don't employ the high tech stuff that the high risk people do either.
*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga

Re: Graduated from high risk doc

• Options
    Well if you are more comfortable seeing MFM and they are ok seeing you, then keep seeing them?  I had the option to use my OB who would consult with MFM or just MFM directly.  I went for seeing them directly, to avoid an OB missing something that MFM would catch.  
  • Options
    After my loss I now see a high risk doctor and my entire pregnancy was normal until about 28 weeks ! Around 25 weeks he kept saying that I don't really need to be seeing him anymore because everything is perfect, but I just really wanted the extra attention because I'm paranoid. Now at 32 weeks I'm very thankful he's still my doctor because I'm at an extreme high risk for preterm labor and was dilating and nobody else noticed! 
    So go with your gut! I realize the circumstances are completely different, but if your more comfortable with the entra attention I'd stay with the high risk. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I may just ask for the midwives to humor me and test for proteins in my urine (my previous condition could only ever come up under the preeclampsia/eclampisa conditions) even if I don't have symptoms. And yes, I could just also go in at some interval to the MFM. I think once I meet with the midwives again and talk, we can continue on with a "plan".
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    My MFM couldn't get rid of me if she tried. I don't trust my body and I truly only see my OB because my MFM doesn't deliver.
  • Options
    mouse1029 said:
    My MFM couldn't get rid of me if she tried. I don't trust my body and I truly only see my OB because my MFM doesn't deliver.

agreed!

Me: 40 | DH: 45 | together 14 years

TTC since 9/2015

• Low AMH (0.1), high FSH (23.7), low AFC (4), low responder to stimulation, given 0.5% chance of being able to conceive
    • High Risk Factors: AMA, APS (antiphospholipid syndrome), obesity, uterine fibroid, rh negative
    • SA: everything excellent
    • Began medicated cycles (clomid, ovidrel, follistim, estrogen, progesterone)
    • 1st IUI: 3/27/16, BFP: 4/11/16, EDD 12/18/16!!!

We trust and pray that God will continue to bless us with a full-term, smooth pregnancy and the delivery of a healthy baby.

Pregnancy Ticker