Baby Names

Sibling for Jonah? Suggestions?

Hey everyone! We are going to TTC in June and I'm already starting to plan the hell out of everything ;)

What do you think of these names? Big brother will be Jonah. 

Girls:
Georgia
Lillian 
Evelyn
Cora/Coraline

Boys:
Nolan
Thomas
George

Any and all suggestions/critique welcome!! Thank you! 

Re: Sibling for Jonah? Suggestions?

• Cora is my favorite of the girls. I'm a little tired of the others although nothing actually wrong with them.

Nolan is my favorite of the boys but I'm not loving it with Jonah. I'm stumbling when I say them together. Thomas is my vote. George just gives me a totally different vibe than Jonah. 

• Thank you. I'm feeling kinda the same way about Nolan. I want to love it but I'm just not sure. Thomas sounds better to me. Do you have any suggestions for girl names?
  • Loading the player...
  • Georgia and Jonah are too similar sounding to me. I like Cora and think it sounds nice with Jonah. 
  • Rosalie
    Miriam
    Genevieve
    Dahlia
    Eliza
    Maureen
    Estelle
    Audrey
    Bridgit
    Lorraine
    Loretta
    Calista
    Penelope
    Daphne
    Theresa
    Helene
    Allison

• Perhaps Georgina? 

Also love Thomas. 
  • I think Jonah and Georgia sound a little too matchy, and Evelyn and Cora are all over the place right now. What about Caroline/Carolina? 

The first boy name that came to mind to go with Jonah was Silas. I don't love Jonah and Nolan together, but Thomas is great. What about Miles or Carter?
  • I like all the boy names, especially Thomas. But that is DH's name so I am biased... Love suggestions of Silas (DS's name, so again, biased) and Miles. I'm over Evelyn and Lillian. Cora is nice but Jonah is much stronger. Dislike Coraline. Strongly prefer Caroline. Georgia is nice. Same endings do not bother me at all... Other ideas...

Iris
    Harper
    Charlotte 
    Olive
    Arden
    Stella
    Audrey 
    Ruby
    Alice

Archer 
    Jude
    Noah
    Oliver
    Jasper
    Holden 
    Rowan
    Graham 
    Cedar
    Henry 

• I think we have similar boy name tastes. We had Jonah, Nolan, and Thomas on our list. We ended up with a Rowan. Also had Nathaniel, Miles, and Benjamin on our list. My favourite of you options is Nolan. 

For girls, my favourite is Cora. I wish I could get DH on board with it. I also like Georgia but I think the sounds are too close to Jonah for my liking. 
  • sarahbean01sarahbean01 member
    edited April 2016
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for all of the feedback and suggestions. Lots to think about! I'm liking Henry, Noah, Oliver, and Silas (super like Silas) best of what's above for boys.

<P> For girls, I guess I hadn't considered Georgia sounding matchy with Jonah, and I'm not sure if that bothers me too terribly. But it's definitely something to think about! I like the suggestions of Stella, Dahlia, Caroline (reason not on my original list is my mother's name is Carol, father's name is John...so would it be weird to have a JONah and CAROLine?).

<P> Allison Claire used to be on my girls name list when I was pregnant the first time, but now I have a different job and that is my manager's name. I would never hear the end of it from my coworkers!!

Eta: excuse my lack of post-formatting knowledge ;)
  • I wouldn't consider Jonah to be a tribute to John, since they aren't pronounced similarly. Caroline would seem to honor Carol, but that could be kind of sweet.
  • You guys are awesome. Thank you for all of the feedback and suggestions. Lots to think about! I'm liking Henry, Noah, Oliver, and Silas (super like Silas) best of what's above for boys.

<P> For girls, I guess I hadn't considered Georgia sounding matchy with Jonah, and I'm not sure if that bothers me too terribly. But it's definitely something to think about! I like the suggestions of Stella, Dahlia, Caroline (reason not on my original list is my mother's name is Carol, father's name is John...so would it be weird to have a JONah and CAROLine?).

<P> Allison Claire used to be on my girls name list when I was pregnant the first time, but now I have a different job and that is my manager's name. I would never hear the end of it from my coworkers!!

Eta: excuse my lack of post-formatting knowledge ;)
    I love Silas! I wish I could have gotten dh on board for that name because that is what I would have picked.
  • Lillian, Coraline, Thomas :)