1st Trimester

6 weeks with Braxton Hicks.

Hello bumpies! 
I'm 6 weeks 1 day with baby number 5. I definitely had BH during my other pregnancies but NEVER this early! I found a couple of of things online that say it's normal to start having BH around 6 weeks but the mom to be won't feel them yet. I'm pretty in tune with my body and so I'm thinking maybe that's the reason I'm feeling them and my body has done this 4 other times So maybe that has something to do with it too. Anyone else in their first trimester here and feeling Braxton Hicks contractions? Also has anyone been told by their doctor that it's no good to be having them this early? I do have my first appt. On the 29th. 

Re: 6 weeks with Braxton Hicks.

• Hi, I believe what you're describing is Round Ligament Pain, not Braxton hicks. I had pretty bad cramps and RLP for the 1st several weeks and even now have it every once in a while. It just means your uterus is stretching. I also read that the more babies you have the more crampy you feel. 

Web MD:

Round ligament pain is a sharp pain or jabbing feeling often felt in the lower belly or groin area on one or both sides. It is one of the most common complaints during pregnancy and is considered a normal part of pregnancy. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Hey there. Yeah its Def not jabbing or sharp pain. It doesn't hurt at all its just a slow but gradual tightening of my uterus area. It stays tight for 10-30 seconds and then loosens again. LOL for sure feels like all the other times I've had BH during previous pregnancies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The earliest I could feel BH was 14 or 15 weeks and my OB said even that was a little bit early.  It sounds like things just stretching and adjusting in your pelvis.