Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Another first loss

Doesnt look like I'm alone here. I'm 8 weeks by measurements, 9 weeks from LMP. I just found out that there's no heartbeat (strong one a week ago) and that baby stopped growing a few days ago. My OB gave me all the options. I'm going in for a d&c tomorrow. I've been miserably nauseated for 5 weeks, I just need that to stop. I'd love any advice or suggestions. I'm so, so sad, but at the same time, numb. I've been dealing with a large SCH and the roller coaster has just worn me out. At least it's coming to an end and hopefully the next time will be easy. 
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Another first loss

• I'm very sorry you are going through this.  My current loss was very much a rollercoaster the entire time so I sympathize with you there for sure.

I think how quickly you start to feel normal again really depends on how high your levels are.  There is definitely a dramatic drop once everything has passed or been removed.  I hope all goes well tomorrow and that you start feeling better very soon.

I have found these board to be a tremendous comfort after my losses.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I am sorry for your loss.  I had a d&c as well.  I didn't really need them, but was glad to have on hand some larger pads--the overnight ones--to wear when I was in bed after I got home, and I think I may have changed into one at the hospital since the pad they provided was massive.  Other than that, just try to take care of yourself as best you can--let yourself grieve and try to rest, especially after the surgery.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi again, It seems like today was a bad day for us. I hope things go well for you tomorrow and you feel ok. If mine doesn't pass natural by morning, ill be having my d&c tomorrow too due to clotting issues. Its not easy ever but we will get past this, we will try again, and remember our little 8 week babies.

Good Luck. Let me know how things go, and Ill do the same 
  • I am sorry for your loss. As best you can try to take care of yourself. Even though it sucks it is okay to feel sad. It took me a couple weeks to feel more normal. this is a safe place to talk about how you are feeling without other judging you. I know i had a hard time talking to some people bc I would get emotional or I could tell they felt uncomfortable. 
  • @glitter, been thinking about you all day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I am so very sorry for your loss. 
  • @a2003tiger Yep, same here. I hope tomorrow goes well. Post when you can so we know how everything went. Ill do the same.
  • So sorry for your loss and I hope things start to move quicker for you!  I felt really numb until it was really all over and I have been able to grieve a little easier as hard and painful as the realization was I was relieved to start moving forward. so sorry its such a rollercoaster for you.
  • I'm so sorry.  I had a very similar situation.  I hope everything goes well today and I completely understand the part about feeling numb.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary