July 2015 Moms
Options

First Haircut

Have your LOs had their first haircut? Please post pictures! Any tips to make the haircut easier?

Re: First Haircut

• Options
    Hazel's hair is long and very thin. I would like to trim it so that it looks neater, and so it grows in thicker. DH and our family are against cutting her hair.  :(. It's not quite yet in her eyes, so I feel alright waiting a little longer...

Have any of you discovered a solution to keep hair bows in baby's hair? 

What are you moms of girls thinking for baby's first haircut?
  • Options
    My baby boy was born with so much hair, but shed some hair around 3-4 months. Now it's growing back again and it's thin and straight as your baby girl, just a little shorter. I'm letting his hair grow a little more, I want him to have long hair, not so long but kind of long. Definitely will trim it when it's a little to long. The good thing is his hair line looks like he just got a shape up, so no need to trim it yet. It's exciting and memorable, taking lots of pictures when the time comes. I think your daughter has a beautiful hair color by the way, like a blond/ reddish, it's beautiful! Keep us posted mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We trimmed LO's hair about 3 months ago, it was down in his eyes and just annoying. one of us distracted him while the other trimmed with a comb and scissors and of course we kept some of the hair. It grew pretty fast and he almost needs another trim but its starting to curl so we will probably just leave it. 
  • Options
    Lo is getting his first one tomorrow. I'm nervous their going to do a terrible job. I have my sister and mom coming to help distract him. I will post a pic tomorrow. Wish us luck!!
  • Options
    I had to trim our daughters hair around 4 months. She had like a reverse mullet going on LOL. It was in her eyes. I actually might need to trim her bangs again very soon. I put her in her exersaucer and used nail scissors because I was so nervous.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    LO kinda liked getting his hair cut today. He didn't fuss or squirm. He just loved all the attention he got. He looked like a little man now. 
  • Options
    We went to this place that cutts childrens hair only. My little one was moving alot even with us trying to distract him but they are experts so it turned out nice! 
  • Options
    Awwh!!! Handsome little man!!!!
  • Options
    My experience with my older ones... Use stickers and put them on hands, make a tape ball out of masking tape that LO can hold and play with (sticky so won't keep dropping), give them a light up spin toy (those things you get at circus or Disney), once LO gets older give them a lollipop.  When my son was 11 months he got his first cut at Disney.  They were great! You could always just do a quick trim so it's not in her eyes.