December 2016 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 4-26

juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
edited April 2016 in December 2016 Moms
*Filling in for @Kate08Young *

Let's hear about the Twatwaffle in your life today!!
Met DH - 9/2003
Dating - 9/18/2012
Married - 8/16/2014
NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
*PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 4-26

• I was late, my bad.

My TW is from yesterday, but it carried over.
    My OB practice. They cancelled my app yesterday as I was going to be like 3 minutes late. So I called in today to reschedule and they can try to squeeze me in Thursday morning, but maybe not. So I have to take a half day, and still might not get seen.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• My dog is a TW. I get it, she's afraid of storms. And every other time I'm all about comforting her. But yesterday at work I wanted to stab a bitch, and then last night was the icing on the cake. Got a whopping 3.5hrs of sleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dmontgo - I had a friend like that who would get passive aggressive about me getting my PhD. I'm a clinical social worker, and I decided a few years ago to get a PhD in public health because it's very complementary and I want to go into medical research. A friend who had a master's in PH and had also considered a PhD (but never acted) kept trying to dissuade me - "But you want to just do clinical work! You don't do research!" And even after hearing I got into a program, she would send me social worker job postings "just in case" I changed my mind about this major life decision. Eventually I think she fully decided not to return to school, so there was less of that - I was getting ahead of her in her own field kind of jealousy. It got super annoying though. I just kept all of my PhD plans secret until I got in to avoid her emotional sabotage. Now things are much better at least.

My TW is from yesterday, and really it worked out okay in the end. But DH and I went out to dinner at 6 (so my MIL could get home early-ish). Our waitress was nice but TOOK FOREVER. We were so full at the end of dinner, but she insisted that DH choose a dessert for his birthday. It was on the house, which was nice. But we weren't hungry, and it clearly didn't occur to her that us asking for the check repeatedly meant...WE WANT TO GO. We didn't end up leaving until 8pm. And what made me ragey about it was that we...and I really mean ME...were set on going for a walk after dinner while it was still light out. Our neighborhood is kind of sketchy, and we can only go for walks when there are public sporting events in town (like last night). Light is essential to our safety!

So we made it back right at sundown and did a super quick lap, getting back just as it got dark. Everything was fine in the end. But I was pretty ornery up until then!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    edited April 2016
    @LinziLoo09 Good for you for getting your PhD! Sounds like she was just jealous. Maybe when DH is done with school I'll go back for my PhD. I've been considering doing Organizational Behavior.  

I'm trying not to blow up on her because at her core she seems very nice and caring, just very insecure. Too worried about having "stuff" and making the right appearances. But I can't guarantee that I will be able to deal with it for the entire pregnancy!
  • dmontgo said:
    @LinziLoo09 Good for you for getting your PhD! Sounds like she was just jealous. Maybe when DH is done with school I'll go back for my PhD. I've been considering doing Organizational Behavior.  

I'm trying not to blow up on her because at her core she seems very nice and caring, just very insecure. Too worried about having "stuff" and making the right appearances. But I can't guarantee that I will be able to deal with it for the entire pregnancy!
    I had/have a friend who is similar. She announced her engagement 2 weeks after we did, she changed from a white wedding to a courthouse one after we eloped, then she announced her pregnancy about 3 weeks after we did to close fam and friends. 
    It never gets easier, but it does become funny (IME) after a while. Just watching them try to out do you, while you are living your life.

• Yes, that's the same deal as with this other girl @dmontgo . It's good when you can see how the insecurity is motivating their actions, and just try to work around it. I would always ask her a lot of questions about her career and complement her on all she's doing to try to distract her. Then if she would still make a weird comment, I would just click a mental checkbox that said, "Okay, there she goes. You're not crazy that she does this. Has nothing to do with you." All that said, I don't know if I could keep it all together with my newfound pregnancy rage. My baby is in control of my mouth now, and he/she has some anger issues.

What is Organizational Behavior? It sounds fascinating! If I have any advice at all with PhD's, it's to study the market before you go back to school. I watched DH go for his Anthropology doctorate only to discover that the job market is terrible and you essentially need to earn outside grant funding to support your dissertation work and to get hired later. Public Health is much more marketable, and I've been networking for a job since before I went back to school, just to be safe. Watching DH was a very good learning experience, and he's certainly not alone in that experience.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • @Kate08Young YES. OMG. It's the same thing with my friend, and it's almost creepy. I got my nose pierced, she got hers done. I got a tattoo, so she got one. I do my makeup a certain way, she started doing it the same way. I have a yellow car, and she's in the process of trading in her newish car for a yellow one. She saw some decorations in my house, went and bought the same ones. It's nuts!! It's funny because other friends are noticing these things too, but it's hard sometimes not to Hulk out about it. I don't like feeling as if someone is trying to take my identity. :(
  • Yes, that's the same deal as with this other girl @dmontgo . It's good when you can see how the insecurity is motivating their actions, and just try to work around it. I would always ask her a lot of questions about her career and complement her on all she's doing to try to distract her. Then if she would still make a weird comment, I would just click a mental checkbox that said, "Okay, there she goes. You're not crazy that she does this. Has nothing to do with you." All that said, I don't know if I could keep it all together with my newfound pregnancy rage. My baby is in control of my mouth now, and he/she has some anger issues.

What is Organizational Behavior? It sounds fascinating! If I have any advice at all with PhD's, it's to study the market before you go back to school. I watched DH go for his Anthropology doctorate only to discover that the job market is terrible and you essentially need to earn outside grant funding to support your dissertation work and to get hired later. Public Health is much more marketable, and I've been networking for a job since before I went back to school, just to be safe. Watching DH was a very good learning experience, and he's certainly not alone in that experience.
    @LinziLoo09 You are so right! Taking a step back and realizing it has nothing to really do with me is a great tactic. I need to implement it more when m blood starts boiling.

Organizational Behavior is the psychology and patterns of a company's culture, leadership, and employees. It's almost like studying an ecosystem. I started doing research for this with a professor and writing articles when I was getting my B.S., continued throughout my MBA, but really just had to take a break. I love learning but school is exhausting. Thank you for the tip!! So important! My first degree is in computers, and then project management, so I think I would be able to find a job afterwards. Honestly I would do it just because I love the topic. But I'm the breadwinner right now so I don't mind waiting a little while.
  • That sounds like a really interesting field, @dmontgo . I know some anthropologists actually end up doing similar work in the corporate sector after school, so it sounds like you have job options outside of academia. And yes, having good backup degrees is crucial. I couldn't live on RAs and TAs, so I've always had extra jobs on top of that to keep us afloat. Fortunately clinical social workers are always in demand! Oh, and I would definitely want to take a little time with this whole gestating life/raising tiny humans thing before jumping back into school. Academia has little tolerance for a life outside of school :( 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • dmontgo said:
    Do you have a friend in your life that tries to compete with everything you do? That's what I'm irritated by. 

We unknowingly conceived baby before she got engaged and it seems like everything is a contest. Before it was who got their nose pierced first, then it was about tattoos, then cooking...now it's about who his kicking more ass at work/getting paid more, who has the bigger house, who is going to have a bigger life change, etc. I never engage her in it, but her comments, while annoying before, are starting to make me angry. It's petty bullshit.

I just don't care about any of it. We're in different life stages; there is nothing to compete about! DH and I are secure financially, we're very happy, have a roof over our heads, and a baby on the way. What more could we need?

//rant over
    Yeah my sister is the same way....I'm almost waiting for her to announce that she's pregnant too. When I got engaged, she got all weird and didn't talk to me...until suddenly she was engaged too. She's 6 years younger than me, btw. Then when we set our date in August, she was trying to get married in May...when she got engaged in January. I had to sit in a David's Bridal while she picked out her dress, more than a year before she actually ended up getting married...when I should've been working on my own wedding plans. My mom still doesn't see how she was trying to compete, said it really didn't matter...but all of my friends saw it and thought she was pretty horrible for it. She was a total bitch throughout my whole wedding planning and wedding. I can relate lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LinziLoo09 Ain't that the truth! I was so poor in college as a RA. I only brought it $350 a month, which wasn't so bad considering I had no life to spend it on lol. I love academia, but after seeing all of the things that goes on behind the scenes, I think private sector will always be for me. I think it is awesome you are a clinical social worker! I bet there are a lot of people's lives you touch. You go girl!
  • My TW is my digestive system. I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 12 and have had it pretty under control for the past 2 years or so. All that went out the window when I got pregnant. So my digestive system needs to get it together and start working again. I have to be happy and chipper this weekend for my sister-in-law's wedding.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @brittnic86 That is awful. How annoying! Engagements and pregnancies should be happy times, and it's sad that some people just can't be happy for you instead of freaking out. It's frustrating when other people don't recognize that behavior because it is so draining. It makes you seem like the crazy one when you're having a justified reaction to the insanity.
  • I want to do a TW and an anti-TW.

TW is the doctor running my code yesterday. Chewing me out for running things according to Sepsis policy and saying I'm going to kill the patient. NO, YOURE going to kill the patient if you don't let me run enough pressors to get his BP off the floor. (Spoiler, it didn't end well over night)

My manager is normally a TW, but she's anti-TW today. She stuck up for me to the doctor on why I was running meds the way I was. Then when I popped into her office today on my day off, she closed the door and talked with me and let me cry about yesterday. She was so supportive and gave me positive reinforcement of all the things I did a great job on. I needed that. And the hug at the end. I'm a hugger, so that was great. Shout out to my manager for being a human being.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 that sounds like a really rough day. I'm glad your manager was able to help you feel better, and that she went to bat for you. Its always comforting to know your boss appreciates you and is willing to stick up for you. 

• I have one coworker who just makes my life 100x's harder than it needs to be! He has no concept of my workload or budgets or policies...or life?! Thankfully, I get to work from home tomorrow and see no one!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• My TW is that two of my coworkers just announced they are pregnant (I found out within an hour of each other) and we are all due within a month.  I am very happy for them but selfishly I wanted to be able to get some much deserved attention after a long struggle with infertility.  But I guess it's good have someone to go through all of this with at least?
  • My TW is that I am soooo bad at keeping this a secret!! I am a terrible liar, and my friends are on to me. So when they ask, I have to say that I can't say anything. However they still " know" and it makes the whole thing anticlimactic. Im
    7 weeks tomorrow- I don't think I can hold out 5 more weeks!!!!! 
  • emisiemisi member
    My twatwaffle is people who buy HUGE trucks and can't park them!  Congrats, your penis enhancer is now taking up two spaces and making the already really bad parking situation at my work even worse.

And for those of you with friends who are apparently trying to steal your lives... watch out for Single White Female situations.  ;)
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • DH for the TW win yesterday. I was complaining about the vomiting and he says dismissively "it's not that bad". Um, what? You don't get to have an opinion! Then later as I said I was going to bed he looked at me strangely since it was 8:30ish, I said that the anti nausea med was essentially a sleeping pill so that's why I was tired. He told me he didn't want me to take it, who prescribed it, that I was being "stubborn" and putting the safety of our baby at risk. Thanks for the trust (i am a pharmacist!). TW DH. 
  • Can I come in here late? Coworker (aware of pregnancy because I can't hold all the excitement in) told me I was starting to look "thick...not fat, just thick. Which is a good thing. You got a little bump starting".

I'm bloated. I feel like my entire body is bloated. Also, I had a little bump named "I love food" before. You never noticed before, but it was there. I promise.

I think they thought it would be exciting for me to start showing.  :|

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • emisiemisi member
    DH for the TW win yesterday. I was complaining about the vomiting and he says dismissively "it's not that bad". Um, what? You don't get to have an opinion! Then later as I said I was going to bed he looked at me strangely since it was 8:30ish, I said that the anti nausea med was essentially a sleeping pill so that's why I was tired. He told me he didn't want me to take it, who prescribed it, that I was being "stubborn" and putting the safety of our baby at risk. Thanks for the trust (i am a pharmacist!). TW DH. 

Oh h*ll no.  That would not fly in our house.  You need to shut that down.  Husbands who aren't experiencing the horror that is morning sickness and exhaustion don't get to tell you it's "not that bad" and try to dictate how you run your pregnancy when you're not doing something harmful!
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • @emisi  I told DH I was going to punch him in the balls repeatedly, each time saying "it's not so bad. It's not so bad. It's not so bad".  We both got a good laugh about it after the rage.  i tried to have a more meaningful conversation but we only scratched the surface of it. His concern is genuine but I see it as a lack of trust. 
  • aevan011 said:
    Can I come in here late? Coworker (aware of pregnancy because I can't hold all the excitement in) told me I was starting to look "thick...not fat, just thick. Which is a good thing. You got a little bump starting".

I'm bloated. I feel like my entire body is bloated. Also, I had a little bump named "I love food" before. You never noticed before, but it was there. I promise.

I think they thought it would be exciting for me to start showing.  :|

Some people seriously have no idea what to say, but still feel like they need to say something so they end up saying something moronic like that. It'll only get worse, but at least you can say crazy things back and no one will really judge you because you're "so hormonal".