September 2016 Moms

Weekend Wins!

What's good? Very small wins totally count.

Re: Weekend Wins!

• I was on limited movement this weekend and felt a little trapped but did go see a couple open houses yesterday.  H was being pretty great the whole weekend and it was just nice to chill on the couch with him.
  • My house had been a total disaster with DH being gone - kitchen was untidy, though dishes were generally clean or in the dishwasher; clean but unfolded laundry everywhere; quilting scraps and supplies laying all over the living room.  I am way more tolerant to mess than he is.  He called Sunday morning to say he was coming home from his business trip early (win #1!), so I frantically started to clean.  3 hours later, I have just finished putting away the last couple things when I hear the garage door open. He had no idea! (Win #2!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • went fishing for the first time this year on saturday, it was 75 degrees and sunny. caught a few, WIN! :)
  • Finished putting away all my laundry from three baskets that I've been ignoring for about a month. Yay!! 

also went to the lake beach (man made beach on a lake) on Saturday with my two girls. The happiness on their faces was the sweetest, especially because it was my one year olds first time in the sand, she LOVED it. Makes me excited for my summer vacation to OCNJ in July :) 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    @seitzy3, well done on the laundry. I am usually terrible at folding and putting away!

I think DH & I agreed on a front runner for the baby's name!

Also I finally got on (OB-approved) Vicodin for my tooth pain, so having pain go from an eight to a four is pretty solid. 
  • This weekend I got the house cleaned and did a 3 mile jog, and also starting cutting back on carbs and have lost 3 pounds of bloat. Feeling really empowered to make the 2nd half of my pregnancy the healthy one that I had envisioned all along. I also found some cute fabric at Joann that matches my nursery theme I'm envisioning and nursery fabric was on sale for 40% off - So I snagged 3 yards for $14! Woohoo, thinking this fabric will be used for throw pillows for glider (and futon we'll be keeping in there) and maybe for a crib skirt!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to the zoo on Saturday. Then DH watched DD so I could take a nap when we got back. Bought the crib bedding set for baby's nursery on Sunday then had a cookout with my family that evening. Great weekend overall! 

• I successfully removed all the ticks on my dog without vomiting. For those that don't know, my poor pup got infested on a beach hike. I didn't even know what the hell they were when I first saw them. But it's all over (I hope). 

Oh, and DH's grandma ordered us a Citi mini gt and pram attachment! I am very excited about that. 
  • Yesterday I got to have the first "do-nothing" day in a long time, without the ever looming threat of homework needing to be done in the background. So I sat on the couch all day and played video games. Also went to Winners and found the cutest travel system that was on for half the price of what it was at Walmart!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had a date night with DH on Saturday. We had the most amazing Thai food that I could've eaten forever. Afterwards we were trying to decide on what to do, but all of the movies weren't starting for another hour and it was too chilly for outdoor activities. We found ourselves grocery shopping and people watching at Walmart and it was the most fun we've had in awhile! #parentlife
  • I got through the first whole day at work in the last week without crying (on Saturday), DH and I each picked out one small thing for the baby- so we made our first real purchases for the baby finally (and they are ADORABLE), and I slept until 9 am both days! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aforementioned weekend win purchases lol :) Sorry for the large scale- bumping from phone!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was supposed to work Fri, Sat, Sun but due to low census this weekend I got placed on-call Sunday instead. I spent the day in the garden with my 14 y/o son and the weather was perfect. 
  • frogdog06frogdog06 member
    edited April 2016
    Umm, worked both Saturday and Sunday for OT...and will be seeing that paycheck on Friday.

Also, started feeling our little girl kick Saturday, especially at night! Hubby was able to feel it last night. We're over the moon. <3

Lastly, DH's coworker's wife is a manager at Nord...so weekend win is finding out we'll get a discount on our Uppababy stroller and Babyletto crib! Wahoo!
  • We got the nursery painted AND the room my older two kids will share. Now on to putting furniture together and decorating..
  • @nativetexan512 - that makes me feel so much better!  I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday and I don't think I've felt anything yet.  I was really starting to worry!