January 2016 Moms

Meal Plan Monday

We used to do this on my other BMB with my first son. Helped plan ahead and keep us making healthy meals. Also was great to get new ideas from one another. Play along if you are interested! I start with Sundays instead of Mondays because I usually grocery shop on Sundays---but start on whatever day works best for you. 

Sunday: Salmon, rice and crescent rolls
Monday: Cheesy Broccoli Orzo with smoke sausage
Tuesday: Burgers and homemade fries
Wednesday: Spaghetti and salad
Thursday: Shrimp (fish sticks for DS1) and mac and cheese or rice again
Friday: Pizza
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• I love this thread! Great way to help with dinner. I always feel like im making the same things over and over.. Here's my meal plan for the week: 

Sunday- Baked breaded pork chops, stuffing and zucchini
    Monday- Fried eggplant with roasted chickpeas and garlic spaghetti
    Tuesday- Leftovers from Sunday
    Wednesday- Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and corn
    Thursday-Skirt steak with a salad 
    Friday- Shrimp scampi 
    Saturday- Out to eat or order in! 

• I'm really excited about this! I'm trying to find more healthy recipes to mix up our rotation.
    monday: fish tacos
    tuesday: chicken and veggie stir fry 
    Wednesday: chicken thighs on the grill, grilled zucchini and summer squash
    thursday: ground turkey, peppers, onions, mushrooms, snap peas, all scrambled with a little bit of shredded mozzarella
    friday: pizza and beer!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm jealous you plan your meals ahead! DH is so boring when it comes to food, we do the same things over and over and over...Anyone care to link recipes if from the interwebz?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Whatever my DH cooks :) always a protein and a veggie. Lately, lactation cookies for a treat. 
  • When the hell do you ladies find time to cook?
    Hahaha! I find time to cook because if I didn't cook we would starve.DH can't cook his way out of a paper bag... DH takes DS while I cook dinner. We both like to eat so I make time :)
  • I love this! I'm always looking for new ideas! 

Sunday: pork chops, corn on the cob, and pretzel rolls
    Monday: beef tacos with homemade pico
    Tuesday: chicken breast with baked sweet potatoes 
    Wednesday: ribs on the grill, with baked beans 
    Thursday: burgers with homemade fries
    Friday: order in or eat out
    Saturday: slow cooker veggie beef stew and french bread
  • When the hell do you ladies find time to cook?
    If I didn't plan meals no one would eat in my house lol. With working I have one shot to grocery shop each week. I don't have time to stop on the way home. I try to cook stuff on the weekends and I do a lot of meal prep (cutting up veggies, laying out pans I will need to cook, etc) the night before or early in the morning. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Sunday - lean beef burgers and homemade fries 
    Monday - roast chicken, potatoes and veggies 
    Tuesday - macaroni and ground beef
    Wednesday - slow cooker Greek seasoned chicken breast, rice and veggie stir fry 
    Thursday - salt and pepper seasoned pork steaks, sweet potatoes and veggies
    Friday - pizza! (Mama's favourite night, no cooking) 
    Saturday - bbq ribs and some kind of salad, I haven't decided yet 

Not the healthiest week but at least we'll be eating dinner so it's a step up from some weeks! 

• You all sound so healthy...

Sunday: Bratwurst
    Monday: Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
    Tuesday: Dorito Chicken Casserole
    Wednesday: Pizza
    Thursday: Chili Dog Casserole
    Friday: Spaghetti and Garlic Bread
    Saturday: Chicken Alfredo
  • @BarrettJ89 the Dorito chicken casserole sounds yummy! Do you mind sharing the recipe? Only if it's an easy recipe lol 
  • Sunday - crawfish étouffée 
    Mon lunch - chicken salad salad
    Mon dinner - paleo pot roast w/ cauliflower rice
    Tues lunch - chicken salad salad
    Tues dinner - paleo pot roast w/ cauliflower rice
    Wed lunch - chicken salad salad
    Wed dinner - paleo pot roast w/ cauliflower rice
    thurs lunch - out to eat 
    thurs dinner - yes, pot roast again
    fri lunch - chicken salad salad
    fri dinner - out - maybe sushi? And a glass of KJ Chardonnay 
    sat - prob out both meals and more KJ char :) 

I just cook 2-3 things on Sunday's and eat off of those all week. Gets kind of boring, but makes it easy. 
  • This is a great thread. It's still Every man for himself at my house.
  • I love this!
    Sunday - dinner at in-laws
    Monday - Tacos (beef)
    Tuesday - goulash and garlic bread
    Wednesday - Pork steak, bake potato and veggie
    Thursday - chicken stir-fry
    Friday - Pizza and Wings at Grandma and Papas!
    Saturday - hubby's cooking night - so probably Steak or dinner with friends. 

• Sunday- grilled halibut with brown rice and green beans
    monday- grilled chicken with brown rice and asparagus 
    Tuesday- beef tacos
    wednesday- steak with sweet potatoe fries and summer salad (baby kale, feta, dried cherries and grapefruit wedges)
    Thursday- chicken pot pie 
    Friday - Sav Blanc with a side of left over chicken pot pie 
    Saturday- eat out
    Sunday- braised red wine chicken in crock pot with carrots, potatoes, pearl onions and green beans
  • You ladies are impressive! I can barely whip together a pb&j for myself during the day. My babe is a good babe too, loves to lay in his play yard and doesn't cry much, so really...when do you find the time? After the baby goes to bed? I need to get it together! 
  • I just pull her swing into the kitchen with me. She sits and plays with her crinkle book, I talk to her and keep her interactive so she doesn't lose her cool about being alone. 

Or I'll slowly throw together a casserole throughout the day as I have time, and I'll chuck it in the oven whenever.

My in-laws are here for a few days, and it's incredible how much we get done with 2 extra sets of baby-watching hands!
  • I usually try to prep while he is napping. Sometimes I put his mammas and pappas chair on the counter with the toy tray on and just pretend I'm in a cooking show telling him everything I am doing. He thinks it's pretty fun! ;)
  • @JanuarysBaby1 here ya go! Delicious, and probably every kind of fattening and unhealthy... but so worth it. Easy, too!

Ingredients
    2 c. shredded cooked chicken1 c. shredded cheese (or more if you are a cheese hound)1 can cream of chicken soup1/2 cup milk1/2 cup sour cream1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (canned tomatoes with jalepenos-mild)1/2 packet taco seasoning (or more- to taste)Bag of regular nacho cheese doritosDirections
    Pre-heat oven to 350-f degrees.In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except doritos.In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture. Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot.
  • @BarrettJ89 thank you! Can't wait to try it!