LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday

As I suggested earlier, I'm restarting Ten Things Tuesdays to get the conversation going.

So, ten things in the comments. Ready?

Go!

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• 1) Getting ready to go to work yesterday, I felt quite proud of myself for having everything laid out ready, leaving plenty of time for a slow walk in. I get into work, change into my workshoes and realise I'm wearing one grey and one black sock *facepalm*

2) It's sunny out.

3) Thinking of breaking out the reuseable cold drink travel cups.

4) Ooh. I get to make all the pretty frappès.

5) The windowsill veggies little S helped me plant are just coming up. Looking forward to tasting her first crop. We know little S is, lol. That girl loves to eat.

6) This is usually where I start struggling to finish ten things.

7) I can see a washingline filled with rainbows - our cloth nappies are hung proudly on the line. I went overboard this year and shelled out on no less than 5 branded pockets. But - so pretty!

8) I really should go through S's clothes to see if any are not fitting her right. Thing is, she's such a funny size that everything is too big and baggy on her right up until she's outgrown it.

9) I need to figure out which clothes brands are better fit for short, slim toddlers

10) Gotta go. Nappy change.
  • 1. My supervisor gave me a really good review at work yesterday.

2. Now I have some extra work coming my way, blah!

3. I can't believe I didn't list this as Number 1, but it snowed today. April 26th!

4. The snow looks really stupid on our green grass and with our flowers in the yard.

5. Since we put our boy cat to sleep a couple of weeks ago, our two girl cats seem to be really happy about it! José (our boy) was kind of a jerk, but it's strange that they don't miss their brother at all.

6. I've been kind of down since V got her period on Sunday, and it must be showing because one of my coworkers said he's "worried" about me. Except he's the kind of person that likely just wants gossip/personal info. under the guise of concern.

7. My Mom texted my sister and me this morning that she had a dream about us. In it, my sister and I were in a library, taking books off shelves and tearing them apart and ripping the pages out. Weird!

8. @Twochickshavinachick  I love that you use the word nappies for what we always call diapers in the US.  It reminds me of visiting my wife's family in South Africa and some of the words they use. :smiley: 

9. I'm hungry for dinner because I kind of just snacked today, no lunch.

10. I'm watching MTV right now, and I feel way too old to be watching the garbage that is on this channel.
  • Loading the player...
  • angelicac06angelicac06 member
    edited April 2016
    Am I allowed to do this on a Friday? I will di my best to do on time next week!

1. I got a deep cleaning at the dentist yesterday and barely recovering from all the pain! 

2. I am also starving due to #1 and can't wait to be able to chew!

3. I really wish I had my baby accustomed to sleeping independently. I fear he'll be too attached to me.

4. I searched NY real estate all morning day dreaming I guess since it was on Central Park South lol.

5. Barely getting the ball rolling with our second parent adoption. I swear our lawyer had forgotten about us.

6. I'm secretly hoping my DS doesn't wake up soon so I can continue to have down time. 

7. I have the best party idea from watching the real housewives of NY. Yes guilty!

8. I wish ppl had not left to that site so we'd have more people to interact with. 

9. I am starting to teach my DS the basic sign language symbols in hopes to learn his needs before he can speak so he fusses less. 

10.  Is it terrible I am thinking of Christmas already? And dreading AZ 100+ degrees weather. 

• @VL2016 Here's something funny - first snow we've had in April in a long time and didn't Prince do a song about snow in April?

Yay! For good reviews

@Angelicac06 Lolz, anytime of the week is fine. I rarely manage to get mine done on Tuesday. The point is to encourage interaction outside of weekly check ins.

It is frustrating when the site is deserted but there are bound to be lurkers on this board, same as any other and they won't come out if they think that it's completely abandoned. I divide my time between this board and it's counterpart on the-site-which-shall-not-be-named.
  • 1) Now I want to know which is the counterpart board that must not be named
    2) I loved my BMB on the early days and now a select group of us talk on facebook all the time which is why I'm not on here that much
    3) I secretly love my baby's milk breath
    4) My wife and I are talking about trying for the next one in the fall but I think we might be crazy
    5) Baby girl is not even 3 months old
    6) Not looking forward to returning to work soon, I just want to hang out with my baby
    7) A recruiter contacted me about a job today that would be a 25-35k increase over my current salary, so that made me feel good, even if it doesn't work out
    8) I'm sad all the tv seasons are over for the summer since I have nothing to watch in nap jail, lol.
    9) A friend of mine just had a late term loss and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so so so sad for her and I wish I could say or do something to help.
    10) I wish I could figure out how to take care of my daughter and catch up on novels too. I miss reading.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020