April 2016 Moms
Options

July mom now an April mommy

Hello everyone! I am lurking from the July birth month board. I was due July 13th but my little guy had other plans and my water broke Wednesdsay and I delivered Henry Philip on Thursday at 28 weeks. I might be reading some of your posts here and replying since I am now an April mom instead of July. I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope It is okay to start interacting on this board. I will have plenty of down time spent in the NICU with my little guy so there will be plenty of time to bump! Sorry if this was not the appropriate place to post, but didn't know where else to post at (sorry) I am excited to talk to other new moms and get to know you all. Hope all of you and your new little ones are doing well. 
Anniversary

Re: July mom now an April mommy

• Options
    Wish it was under better circumstances, but welcome to April!  Wishing you and your little guy all the best.
  • Options
    Glad to have you on the April and sending warm thoughts and wishes to you and you new little guy. Hope he is doing well and not in the NICU for too long. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best wishes to you and Henry - welcome to April!
  • Options
    We are happy to have you. Hope the little guy gets out of the NICU fast!
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope Henry is doing well and won't have to stay in the NICU for too long.
  • Options
    Welcome to the awesome mom club of April! Sending good thoughts to your little man in the NICU! 
  • Options
    Welcome to April! We hope your NICU stay goes by quickly! Sending good thoughts your way.
  • Options
    Welcome to april! I am a former NICU mom. Let me know if you need to vent! 

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way! How is he doing?
  • Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your Henry and best wishes that he makes it home soon healthy and happy.
  • Options
    Best wishes to your little fighter! Welcome to April!
  • Options
    Welcome to April! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Options
    Glad to hear that Henry is doing relatively well! Welcome to the board. 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Welcome to the April moms! Keep us updated on Henry :)
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome, and glad Henry is a fighter! 
  • Options
    Welcome! My little one spent some time in the NICU as well, it's so scary. I'm sorry you're going through this but so happy to hear your baby is doing well. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Also a former NICU mama here with my first. Take the time to rest!!! I also can look back now, with DD2 all over the place as far as timing for eating and sleeping, having DD1 come home on a schedule was amazing!!! At least that was a positive...and NICU nurses are amazing!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    blonde151188blonde151188 member
    edited April 2016
    Welcome and congratulations! I was an April due date, but Isaac came in February instead after my water broke at 31 weeks. Nicu is definitely different and hard, but he's in good hands, and he'll be home before you know it. I'm here if you need to talk! These ladies were great support to me when all our stuff was going on! 
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    abpl2014abpl2014 member
    edited April 2016
    @blonde151188 @imrachellea @Missingchampagne @Sarcasm101 it's nice to know there are previous NICU moms here for advice! I'm sure I'll have questions! Henry is almost 4 days old so we are trying to figure out a routine that weeks for all of us! Any advice you have on leaving him to get sleep for yourselves? The last 2 nights have been incredibly hard to leave Henry but I know my DH and i need to take care of ourselves as well. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    abpl2014 said:
    @blonde151188 @imrachellea @Missingchampagne @Sarcasm101 it's nice to know there are previous NICU moms here for advice! I'm sure I'll have questions! Henry is almost 4 days old so we are trying to figure out a routine that weeks for all of us! Any advice you have on leaving him to get sleep for yourselves? The last 2 nights have been incredibly hard to leave Henry but I know my DH and i need to take care of ourselves as well. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance! 
    You have to take care of yourself, in order to take care of your LO. 

I know you said that you live far from the hospital. Can you stay with a friend or get a hotel so that you can get one or two nights of solid rest? When my LO was in the NICU and I had gone home for the night, I would call the NICU right before I went to sleep and right when I woke up to get an update. Can you and your H rotate nights at the hospital so that you each can get some sleep?

I don't know if you are pumping or not, but I would also consider taking a Benadryl (completely safe while BFing) to help you sleep. 

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• Options
    My hospital had a low cost option called "storking in" for moms that were released but did not want to leave their babies, cheaper than a hotel but offered 3 meals a day in a room without nursing care. If your hospital offers something like this, it can be a lifesaver. There's also AirBNB, the option to rent a room near the hospital. If you have to go home though, don't feel guilty about it. Your baby needs you healthy. The NICU will answer all your phone calls and you can keep them on the phone for as long as you need to, to feel consoled.
  • Options
    @Sarcasm101 @Missingchampagne thank you for the advice! Right now we are staying at a friends parents house in town but will soon be staying with my aunt where we will have the whole basement to ourselves which will be nice to have our own space. I like the idea of calling to check on him and trying some Benadryl to help relax and get some sleep. 
    Anniversary