1st Trimester

Feeling alone. Single and pregnant

Hi. I am single because i just split up with my boyfriend and i am pregnant. I am worried about my baby not having a father around and i will be alone. Im also worried about telling my parents because i think they will feel great responsibility and will be upset because it is an unplanned pregnancy and im not with anyone. I just dont want to disappoint them. They already look after me a lot. Overall, i just dont feel secure at the moment because this is not how it is supposed to be

Re: Feeling alone. Single and pregnant

• I hope my parents are happy. My ex boyfriend doesnt want anything to do with the baby. Im 27. I know its doable and thanks for the advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you know any friend or closer acquaintance who have been in a similar position?  Perhaps you can private message them and ask them how they went about the financial support aspect of it all, if they used an attorney or anything like that.
  • I 2nd @megstervt - the child is his and he is legally obligated to pay child support. I'm not sure how old he is, but if he's close to the age that you're at i'm SHOCKED that he thinks he can just say "i dont want anything to do with the baby" and expect to go on with his life like nothing happened. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• @juliehollz13 - unrelated, but good luck at your u/s Thursday!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • megstervt said:
    @juliehollz13 - unrelated, but good luck at your u/s Thursday!
    @megstervt thank you!!!!!!
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• I was in the same situation at 18. Pregnant, single, and had no business trying to raise a kid when I couldn't even support myself. The baby not having a father around was the ultimate reason I decided to place my child for adoption. I found a wonderful couple that had been trying for years for a child, and he is so well taken care of and loved with them. 
    Not trying to push adoption, as you may be very excited for a baby, single or not. You never know what a year, or two, or five, may bring. You may find a wonderful guy who will love your child like his own, and they won't care their biological father wanted to skip town.
    And honestly, you don't need a man to be a wonderful mother and make a child very happy.  

• @ionabetts I was in your situation about 3 years ago, and it was terrifying, but everyone, and I mean everyone, supported me and my daughter. The single parents board on here is not super active, but very responsive and helpful.

while the father of the baby will be obliged to pay support it does not mean he will. He can also request a paternity test and it takes time for courts to get things in place. Even with an order, he may just not pay, so please don't count on that. Focus on you and the baby and find yourself advocates, whether it's your parents or a close friend. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you'd like.