Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Benched/TTA Check in (4/24)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons
How has being benched/TTA been going? 
Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? 

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie?

Me 26, Hubs 32
Married 7.14.12
DS 10.29.13
BFP 06.20.16
*It's a boy!*
EDD 03.03.17
                                                      BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Benched/TTA Check in (4/24)

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? Grad school, finances, etc.
    How long do you think you'll be here? 2 more month :)
    How has being benched/TTA been going? I am so ready. So so ready to get started. I feel like the next two months will drag by.
    Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? So far I have been using OPKs to keep  semitrack of my O date. I bought a thermometer this past weekend and am planning on starting to full blown chart the next two cycles.
    GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? I sleep in my underwear and a tank top. We cosleep with DS and I still nurse him so its easy access. I haven't worn lingerie in years.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? We are avoiding until after we return from our vacation
    How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully only 2 more months! We are going to an area with active Zika virus in May so if DH shows symptoms when we return we will have to wait 6 months before TTC. :/
    How has being benched/TTA been going? It has not been going well for me, I have been going crazy! 
    Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)?  We are starting to get pretty excited for our vacation!  Only 16 days until we leave!  I am also soo ready for it to be over and the required time to pass so that we can start TTC!

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie?

I prefer to sleep in a tank top and underwear.  Sometimes I will wear a loose sports bra if the girls are getting crazy, but usually just a soft tank top.  I occasionally put on lingerie for sexy time, but it comes off pretty quickly ;) Most of that stuff is just so uncomfortable!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Are you benched or TTA? Benched 

What brings you here? MMC followed by CP on first try back 

How long do you think you'll be here? Until my first period post CP

How has being benched/TTA been going? I find I am sleeping better not worrying about my temp in the morning. Mentally the break is helping since I am not obsessing over every minute detail like I do while TTC

Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? Nothing right now 

it varies. Usually bootie shorts and a sports bra or boxers and a tank. I like some negligees too. They can be light and comfortable. It's stays warm in Phoenix most of the year and I hate to be hot in layers while sleeping 
  • Are you benched or TTA? Benched until AF shows up

What brings you here? A recent miscarriage, the doctor said to wait one cycle for dating purposes.

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully only another week or so.

How has being benched/TTA been going? Given the circumstances it obviously sucks, but it gets a little easier everyday.

Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? I thought AF was coming this weekend cause my temp dropped, but instead FF took away my crosshairs so I am sort of bummed since if I didn't even O yet, it's going to be even longer til we can get back on the horse.

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? Sweat pants and a sports bra is my preferred sleep wear.  Lingerie is generally a vacation thing or when DH has been extra good and deserves a treat.  Though my collection of lingerie is pretty impressive.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you benched or TTA?  Benched

What brings you here? MC#3.  Baby stopped developing in Week 6 again the same as my previous 2 losses.

How long do you think you'll be here?
    TBD.  At least until I get my first AF

The whole situation is crap, but I am doing OK.  

Anxious to have it behind me and move on.  My D&E is tomorrow & the RE does it in the office with local anesthesia.  I'm trying not to be terrified about the pain.  Hoping it is not much worse than the hysteroscopy with biopsy I had a couple of months ago.  The lat time I had a loss the cytotec prep worked so well I wasn't able to get the genetic material.  I'm afraid of it happening again & potentially not having the chance to get data on why this happened this time.

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie?  I sleep in boy shorts or panties and a tank top.  Lingerie is like SUPER rare.  The last time I bought some was for the wedding which I have still yet to wear. It just comes off anyway. 
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Are you benched or TTA? Benched
    What brings you here? 
    Cysts on both ovaries. We were planning on doing our 3rd IUI this month, but my ovaries thought otherwise.
    How long do you think you'll be here? 
    Hopefully about a month.
    I was upset at first, but I think this was a blessing in disguise. We are moving onto IVF next month, so I think it's good I gave my body a little break. I've been on fertility meds for the past 5 months, so it's nice to not be dealing with that. That being said, I'm anxious for AF to get here so that I can start BCP to prep for our IVF cycle.

Underwear and a t shirt. I literally HATE wearing pants in bed. They get bunched up under the covers and drive me nuts. Very very rarely do I wear lingerie.
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? We are waiting until after our vacation to TTC.
    How long do you think you'll be here?  3-5 months, possibly longer since we are going to an area where zika virus is active.  
    How has being benched/TTA been going?  I hate it.  I also hate feeling like I am wishing time away. I do know it will go quickly though.  

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie?  I usually wear a t shirt and pj pants or shorts.  I only wear lingerie for ST, and that is very rare.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• PennStateCaitPennStateCait member
    edited April 2016
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? Zika
    How long do you think you'll be here? 3 weeks-ish longer
    How has being benched/TTA been going? Meh.
    Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? I deleted facebook because I can't deal with the pregnancy announcements.
    GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? I sleep naked usually, haha.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Finishing grad school and not wanting to be in the first tri while I'm taking nurse practitioner boards (I have a history of hyperemesis gravidarum)

How long do you think you'll be here? 2 more months. Ugh.

How has being benched/TTA been going? I guess its okay.  I have been focusing my time and energy on job hunting, studying for boards, and my family.  Sometimes it stings that we arent pregnant right now because we want to expand our family SO BAD, but I have a million other things on my mind so that helps.  Its weird for me to tell DH to pull out during FW though since we have been doing the absolute opposite for 7 months.

Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? I love that its getting warmer out!

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? Usually some pajama pants and a tshirt.  I'm super basic.  I have lingerie but I dont wear it very often... or at all.
  • izza2izza2 member
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? Nursing School
    How long do you think you'll be here? About 2 more years
    How has being benched/TTA been going? Fine
    Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? Started new BC (patches) yesterday. So far, good. We'll see how my periods are in terms of clot-size/frequency.
    GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? If I see something in the store I really think is cute, I'll buy and wear lingerie. However, I usually sleep naked. The only time I don't is if AF is here. Then I usually keep it minimal to just underwear.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Are you benched or TTA? Both

What brings you here? I have one more scan to go next month before I have the all clear on the medical side of things. I think OH was waiting to hear everything is good before he finally is really all in.

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully just a month or two. Although Zika is starting to freak me out. OH is one of those people who gets bitten everywhere and we are on the East Coast, so I am a little worried about the virus moving as summer approaches. 

How has being benched/TTA been going? ok, all things considered 

Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? I missed temping completely on Saturday morning, but after tomorrow I should have crosshairs. Based on cm and opks I am pretty sure that I o'd on cd 17. It's nice to know that my fragmented sleep and inconsistent temping times still show a shift.

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? Pre-kids, it was naked. Now I put on pajama pants and a t shirt as soon as humanly possible upon getting home. I sometimes wear lingerie, but it doesn't usually stay on for long.
  • Are you benched or TTA? Officially TTA until July 2016 (the earliest)

What brings you here? Going on vacation in May to a Zika known area

How long do you think you'll be here?  8 weeks post trip if no Zika illness arise otherwise 6 months

How has being benched/TTA been going? I guess ok. Today I've finally come to terms that we are waiting (until at least July) to TTCAL. I wanted to try sooner but we decided on this vacation. I'm just up/down emotionally today.

Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? Just generally annoyed with how life unfolds sometimes. I should be half way thru my pregnancy but instead just started cycle 2 after loss. I guess I'm having the usual CD1 blues. Feeling like life is completely unfair and people who don't even try get to have babies with no struggles or complications.

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? No never. Usually oversized t-shirt and sweat pants or shorts

• So we were supposed to be TTA this month and next, but we both forgot last night and didn't prevent.  I'm not temping or tracking this month but based off of previous O dates I should ovulate today...EWCM this morning and a few hours of right sided cramping this afternoon somewhat confirmed that.

I mean, obviously we will be over the moon excited if this is our month (we've tried 7 months unsuccessfully before this month of TTA) but I guess I'll just go ahead and mingle in the TWW as well as here since we probably hit -1.

@crazypt2285 I know you posted a few days ago, but I still want to give you a big creepy internet hug.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Also, Zika sucks and it's even worse that its prevalent in all of the awesome vacation spots. 
  • Are you benched or TTA? Newly benched!

What brings you here?  Random back injury a few weeks ago -- turns out to be some disc issues

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully, just one cycle. 

How has being benched/TTA been going?  Just focusing on getting better and pain free. 

Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)?  We had to cancel (postpone) our trip to Hawaii next week because my spazzoid back isn't getting better as fast as I'd like. LIke, how dare my body not have wolverine like healing powers?!  Boo.  Well, double BOOO because my FW would've fallen smack dap in the middle of our trip which meant all the awesome vacation sex.  So...double womp womp.  Ok...pity party over. 

GTKY (Stolen from WTO and TWW): What is your preferred sleepwear of choice? Do you ever wear lingerie? Preferred sleepwear is just an old baggy t-shirt.  I bought some lingerie for Hawaii.  I'm returning some, keeping one item I really like for the Hawaii take 2 trip we're planning for later this year. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21

• @juliebeannn Man I am in your boat!! I woke up yesterday to my disc issue returning.  Which means I'm out.. 

Are you benched or TTA?  newly benched
    What brings you here? Nov- to early January I was benched due to a bulging disc out of nowhere.  It went away and we started TTC in January the OB said to wait until April.  Now we didn't conceive but it's april and the disc is starting to budge again same pain, same crooked stance.. I go to a chiropractor Monday.. hoping for a quicker recovery.
    How long do you think you'll be here? Who knows.. I hope not long.
    How has being benched/TTA been going? Only a few days so far I think I am in denial and I'm trying to not think about it. 
    Anything else you'd like to share (R/R/CS)? no

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @cabu14 i feel you!!! hope you have a quick recovery!!!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21