Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Babywearing help!

I've loved my ergo and moby with my other two boys, but this baby just seems to hate both! He looks super uncomfortable in the ergo and I've tried it with the insert and with the receiving blanket method and with nothing. The moby is a little better, but with two other boys it just takes to long to put on and take off especially because we are on the go a lot getting in and out of the car. 

Does anyone have advice on other types of baby carriers that their LOs like? It is essential that I wear him because I am out and about all the time at big brothers baseball, swimming, school events etc. and I can't always have a stroller with me. So far he just fusses and whines and twists around the whole time. It's almost like he is trying to see out, but mad that he can't so he jerks his head all over the place and fusses. The ergo doesn't seem to support his head enough either. He is six weeks old and big for his age. TIA!

Re: Babywearing help!

• Options
    The k'tan is similar to the moby but a lot easier to put on. I made my own by cutting up two shirts and repurposing my preggo belly band. 
  • Options
    One thing you might consider is putting the moby on before you get in the car so you can more quickly get the baby in it when you get to your destination. I do the kangaroo hold with mine and you can get the wrap on and just tie the ends so they're not dragging before you get in the car. It works better because my LO doesn't like being in her car seat once she's not moving anymore so I can quickly get her out and in the wrap 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm all about the woven wraps. So many different carries so you can try to find one that suits you AND baby. Plus, they're more firm so you get that kind of swaddling effect. You could try some hip carries with him so he can look out but then turn back in for snuggles if it's overwhelming to him. Doesn't hurt that they're super pretty either!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    My LO loves our lillebaby carrier! He will sleep in it for hours
  • Options
    Some babies just don't like baby wearing. My daughter hated it and would scream her head off anytime I tried until she was about 3 months old. It completely defeated the purpose of baby wearing for me with her. 

DS is a little better with it. He hasn't minded so much. I tried a K'Tan and it gets uncomfortable the bigger the baby. I got a Mei Tai and it's my go-to. I loved it with DD. I bought an Ergo at a second hand shop to try with DS. I thought I'd like it, but I hate it. It's too bulky for me. I also tried a Maya Ring Sling and never could figure it out. I returned it. I've gone back to using my Mei Tai with DS, too. I have the Infantino one that I got at Target for under $30. It's easy to use. 

https://www.infantino.com/collections/carriers/products/sash

It shows $35 on this site, but I paid much less for it. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It took a month or two for my little guy to warm up to a carrier. Once he got used to it, it's been great. I have an Ergo. I have a Moby too but it was way too frustrating to deal with for me.
  • Options
    It's key with the moby to put it on before you leave the house and keep it on the whole time you're out and about. 
    However some babies don't like baby wearing. You might have better luck when he is older or he might never like it. 
    We have a moby that I use around the house and a lillebaby that I use to cook and do chores and errands. It has an outward facing position that can be used around 6 months or sooner if baby has good head control. DD loves to face out but her legs are still too short for me to feel comfortable keeping her outward facing for very long. 
  • Options
    I second the MT for the itty-bitty stage. I also have the Infantino Sash and have no complaints. I love how supported they feel (similar to an SSC) but it's more customizable than the Ergo etc. 

Here's a great post with a video on how to use a MT with newborns: https://www.becomingmamas.com/mei-tai-101-using-a-mei-tai-with-your-newborn/
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've had a lot of luck with the baby k'tan.  LO refused to keep his head tucked in, so I still had to support him until he could support his own head, but lucky he was able to start doing that pretty early on
  • Options
    nackie said:
    We've had a lot of luck with the baby k'tan.  LO refused to keep his head tucked in, so I still had to support him until he could support his own head, but lucky he was able to start doing that pretty early on
    I feel like this is his problem in the ergo. He is long and his head sticks out the top so I have to hold it the entire time. He has really great head control, but when I walk it still bobbles all around if I don't hold it the entire time and he can't fall asleep easily because there is no head support. The Moby just makes him angry now because he is too restricted or something. He loves facing out when I am holding him in my arms so maybe I just need to get a forward facing carrier when he is older. I definitely hope he will warm up to baby wearing because it helped so much with my second DS!
  • Options
    My little man loves our Tula Ring Sling is quick and easy. He also love the kinderpack. I'm trying some wovens soon hopefully he likes those as well but we've had great success with the RS and KP