Pregnant after IF
Options

Randoms Week of 4/18

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of 4/18

• Options
    Has anyone looked into/discussed/tried perineal massages? I've been seeing a pelvic health physio for quite some time, and she highly recommended that I do it given some of the tightness that seems to have resulted from all the endo I had and the surgery. She also suggested using an Epi-No as an alternative (just google it). When I discussed this with DH a while back, he said he'd just do it, no need to spend $200 on the Epi-No. So I didn't. Now I've been asking him to help with the massage as he had promised (because let's face it, between my huge belly and legendary lack of flexibility, reaching down there is difficult). Now it seems like just last night he realized what that implied and now he doesn't feel comfortable (doesn't want to hurt me, which he shouldn't...). So he's all for me getting an Epi-No now and even helping to insert it if need be (go figure..). So this morning I pass by one of the two places where my physio works and they sell them, to be told they have none left, and will only get them by the end of this week/early next. So I'll have to try two different places tomorrow when I go in the next town over for an appointment. 
    Anyway, just a long rant, but my advice is to try to sort that out early if you're planning on trying any of these methods and keep in mind that doing it yourself might prove harder than you think ;) 
  • Options
    @KidShrink I haven't even heard of that before. I'll have to do some research. 

What has everyone done with their used sharps containers (more specifically the needles)? I've been trying to research online where I can drop these off, but no luck. Was your doctor able to take them off your hands? 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In Norway we give those back to the pharmacy as well as opened medication that needs to be thrown out. Maybe they do that overseas too @riveridgional?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @tvh1982I ordered mine from an online pharmacy, but I never thought about contacting them. At the least, they may be able to point me in the right direction. I also have leftover medicine that's been opened that I need to figure out what to do with.

Traveling back from my babymoon this weekend, I noticed my airport has a sharps container affixed to the wall in the restroom near baggage claim. I'm so tempted to take them there and dump them in that container!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    A completely different question:
    Excersising? Who does what?

I'm starting slowly become me again and I hate not training. I did weightlifting and poledancing before (both just for fun) and want to start doing stuff. 
    Now I know the latter will be a bit dangerous due to loosing balance, moving of stomach muscles and risk of falling.. so got to find some other stuff.

Tips are very welcome!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @tvh1982 I also have a question for everyone building on yours. I have started back working out....running and doing some weight workouts. My problem is these darn boobs. They are a real pain to workout with. Any suggestions on a good sports bra for pregnancy? They need some serious support, especially with running!
  • Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited April 2016
    I've been continuing with my pure barre classes, though not as often as I would like! My monthly package ends Sunday, and I haven't been getting my money's worth, so I'm stopping then. I'll need to keep doing something though. I'm thinking of going on long walks and picking up a prenatal yoga class as my exercise after that.

For a sports bra, I own a few Victoria's Secret sports bras that kept me very contained at a C cup. I haven't done anything requiring a lot of support for exercise since the boobs have grown, but I'd recommend trying one of those out. They have some with and without underwires and one of the ones I have is built like a bra in the front and then has two additional pieces that zip together in the front that make it look like a sports bar and really keep them in. I would have gotten a few as my everyday bras for PG, but I'm too high busted and the cup size I need now forces their sports bras to cut into my armpit. It's actually a struggle I'm having with all bras, buts it's worse with sports bras.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options

@KidShrink I will be doing perineal massage as well. I have told DH I would need his help, but I don't think he knows what it entails. Someone at some point posted a video on the 3rd tri board I think I will have him watch and then he can tell me whether or not he feels comfortable doing that. He says yes now but once he sees what he has to do, he may change his mind! lol

@ecb3588 My boobs were SUPER sore and nipples super sensitive in early pregnancy and I've been wearing the same sports bras throughout my pregnancy as I did when I wasn't pregnant. They're smalls so they're more snug, but I feel like it's way better for support that way. I've had to stop wearing one kind though, because they weren't big enough so I can only wear those with the built in bra workout shirts I have. Anyway, I guess I don't really have any suggestions. I know my bra brands are Champion, Fabletics, and another I actually got at Motherhood Maternity on sale.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @riveridgional omg I love pure barre ! I used to go but stopped because it was getting so pricey ! That class made me sore in places I didn't know I could be sore . Lol !!  I may try to get back into it maybe in my 2nd tri when I'm feeling better . Right now I barely have energy to go to work . 

My random thought for the week is that I'm currently super annoyed with my DH . I used to always do most cleaning, especially in the kitchen . Now that I feel crummy I've been slacking and have asked him to help out a little bit . He's trying but his version of clean isn't the same as mine . He also keeps complaining about how tired he is all the time . He works from home and gets to sleep in . Hard to have sympathy for him .

Good news for me this week - I graduated from my RE today ! I'm currently 9 weeks 4 days . I was sad to leave but also so happy and thankful that everything is looking good and normal !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie Ahh thanks I never even thought of looking in an actual maternity store! Duh! Sometimes I forget I'm actually pregnant and not just getting fat lol! Normally I am a C, but I've gone up at least a full cup size if not more. I'm wearing my regular sports bras still, but spilling out of them and the support is almost nonexistent. Not to mention I feel like they physically weigh me down when I run! @riveridgional I'll have to check out VS, too. Thanks!
  • Options
    Turns out I learned that the Epi-no is not approved and therefore not available for sale in the US. It's from Germany and widely available in Europe and a number of other countries (including Canada and Australia). So @riveridgional, seems like you can research perineal massage only! It's definitely interesting to say the least. Curious as to what your hubby is going to think @AdorkablePixie when he figures out what that involves. I feel like at this point in my pregnancy, there's just no way that I can reach down there for a long enough period of time. Somehow though, DH was fine inserting and holding the Epi-no in there last night. I discussed it with my pelvic health physio today as she had recommended it. It's weird, but a really awesome way to prepare for childbirth by building your confidence and tolerance of the sensations associated with childbirth. She also instructed me today on pushing (which really involves more relaxing than pushing). Curious to see how this all turns out (soon!). 
  • Options
    Now I'm living in Europe @KidShrink...I never hear of it, but could hook a girl up by sending one to the US.

• Options
    @tvh1982 yeah, I have a feeling that it's not one of those things that are discussed that openly, even when it's available! I was with a friend who has a 2 month old today, and she had no clue what I was talking about (she also ended with an episiotomy for both her kids). 
  • Options
    I think most of my friends and family have gotten an episiotomy. Like those we talk openly about. Don't think anyone knew about the epi-no!
    I'll definitely do some research now.

• Options
    @KidShrink Yeah, I meant to ask him to look it up last night. lol I am supposed to start on Monday. If he doesn't do it I don't know what I will do because I am not sure I can reach it for that long either without getting into a really weird position.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Prince died! I'm sure my hormones are playing a factor but I am not ok today.  :'(
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Options
    Me too @terramae80 !! I usually don't get weird about celeb deaths but this one hits me for some reason . I grew up listening to him . Whyyyyyyy ?? Waaaaaaa 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @mskeenan my son and I listen to him every morning on the way to daycare. We love Prince, I am still in shock!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Options
    Fyi - through Monday 4/25, Babies R Us has a 20% off your entire purchase discount. There are only a few exclusions. We bought all of our nursery furniture, gloder, ottoman and pack n play and saved lots!

In store print out:

https://m.toysrus.com/graphics/media/trus/DI042116A_RU_FrindsFam_CPN_MAIN_900149_XSJB02.gif

Online: use promo code FRIEND20

Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14