Baby Names

Sister for Mara

Im throwing out baby names to DH, as we have just started to try for baby #2. Our soon to be 4 year old daughter is Mara Noelle. 
We have a boy name we love (Callen, middle name likely Andrew or James) but are at a complete loss for girl names. We had no other options or considerations other than Mara last time :) 
What sounds good with this? We like names that are unique, but not unheard of.
Wide open to suggestions!

Re: Sister for Mara

• Zelda
    Lyra
    Bridget 
    Astrid 
    Cosima 
    Cecily
    Pilar
    Rosalind 
    Agnes 
    Teresa 
    Edith 
    Irene 
    Viola
    Clarice 

• My husband likes Astrid. I'm not sure. I feel indifferent to it. 
    Bridget is cute! Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • Loading the player...
  • calista
    bridget
    bernadette

• Thoughts on Lila? 
    Spelling choices: Lila, lilah, Lyla...
  • I know it's not a huge deal but personally I would try to find a name that doesn't end in 'a'. It's hard because there are so many good ones! But I loooove Astrid. And Bridget is awesome & goes well with Mara. 

Violet
    Felicity 
    Elizabeth 
    Naomi
    Natalie
    Louise
    Isabelle
    Lilith 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Catherine was the first that came to mind. Mara and...

Natalie
    Kelly
    Megan
    Bridget
    Piper
    Phoebe
    Claire
    Gretel
    Danielle
    Lois
    Kelsey
    June
    Tess
    Zoey
  • I like Lila, but don't love it with Mara. I wouldn't use 2 2 syllable names that end in a. Suggest Corrine Carys Ivy
  • I love the suggestion of Bridget. I think it's perfect with Mara. Suggest:

Daphne
    Erin
    Collette
    Heidi 
    Eliza
    Helena
    Annie 

• I like what others posted Astrid or Naomi with your Mara.  I am sure when the time comes the perfect name will pop up.  
  • Heidi is cute with Mara!

Just show your husband the episode of The Office where Michael's ex-girlfriend names her baby Astrid. I can only hear it as ass turd now. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• I don't really have suggestions, but I love Mara! Simple but different is absolutely what I look for in a name. 

I like Lila, spelled that way. 
  • I love Eliza. DH isn't too sold :(
  • Thank you! We were so sold on Mara, I feel like I don't like any other girl name as well. 
  • Thank you! We were so sold on Mara, I feel like I don't like any other girl name as well. 
    Just to encourage you, myself and all my friends who are on their second child have this feeling. I think you just get so connected to thinking about your first pregnancy/child, and you are so much more familiar with that first name. It may not be as instant, but I'm sure once you connect a new face to a name you will fall in love with it.
  • kmvisioli said:
    Thank you! We were so sold on Mara, I feel like I don't like any other girl name as well. 
    Just to encourage you, myself and all my friends who are on their second child have this feeling. I think you just get so connected to thinking about your first pregnancy/child, and you are so much more familiar with that first name. It may not be as instant, but I'm sure once you connect a new face to a name you will fall in love with it.
    Thank you! This was really sweet! I know you're right, I'm just not there yet. Hopefully I will come up with something that's feels just as right as Mara the next time around. Thanks again for the encouragement...much needed!
  • I'm always thought Mara was really pretty!

Miriam 
    Celia 
    Vivienne/Vivian 
    Lorraine
    Blair 
    Alessia 
    Dahlia 
    Felicity 
    Leisl 
    Olive/Olivia 
    Fiona 
    Flora 
  • I have never heard the name Mara, it's beautiful. PP have given a lot of good suggestions I just wanted to add Louisa, Leona, Irene, Annabelle, and Camille.
  • I do like Annabelle and I'm liking Eliza and Audra too. My husband is just so picky!
  • I do like Annabelle and I'm liking Eliza and Audra too. My husband is just so picky!
    Has he suggested any names?
  • Yeah, Astrid. Ugh! And Eleanor. Boo!
  • Yeah, Astrid. Ugh! And Eleanor. Boo!
    I love Eleanor! Do you like Nell? Eleanor nn Nell and Mara would be nice.

Olive
    Bonnie
    Halle
    Maisie
    Fiona